Northern Ireland #5 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it might not really float everyone’s boat but I’m really enjoying the hymns. I love a good choral arrangement

Reactions: 1
The descants are breathtaking.
There’s something about those big cathedrals which is so beautiful for the acoustics.
I love watching Carol’s at kings at Christmas and watched a documentary once about the boys training and they don’t tell the one who is Doing the solo if once in royal David’s city until the day in case they get too nervous or their voice breaks.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
There’s something about those big cathedrals which is so beautiful for the acoustics.
I love watching Carol’s at kings at Christmas and watched a documentary once about the boys training and they don’t tell the one who is Doing the solo if once in royal David’s city until the day in case they get too nervous or their voice breaks.
I think I've watched that documentary. The Abbey is one of my favourite places 😍

Watching this funeral do any of yous ever feel a bit robbed that living here we don't have any one common thing that we can be patriotic about. I remember my friend going to America in her early teens and being so envious of the patriotism. Just wonder what it must be like.
Like I feel irish but cos I'm from here I never feel AS irish as someone from the south

Reactions: 5
Watching this funeral do any of yous ever feel a bit robbed that living here we don't have any one common thing that we can be patriotic about. I remember my friend going to America in her early teens and being so envious of the patriotism. Just wonder what it must be like.
Like I feel irish but cos I'm from here I never feel AS irish as someone from the south
I think identity in the North is exactly as you're describing for most of us. We're a wee subculture.

I wonder what the rest of the world think looking at this today. Is it not a bit reminiscent of places that have dictators? Come on now?

Reactions: 2
I think identity in the North is exactly as you're describing for most of us. We're a wee subculture.

I wonder what the rest of the world think looking at this today. Is it not a bit reminiscent of places that have dictators? Come on now?
I think even if I was somewhere like England I don't imagine I would be one of these due hard royalists.
I have lived in Liverpool they have a wee subculture of their own. 99% of the scousers I knew didn't identify as English, they were scousers, end of story. But they had a very united front on that. I think that's prob why I loved living there.

Reactions: 3
I completely get what you mean. I dont identify as orange or green or any similar label & it can leave you feeling a bit lost. I don’t feel Irish when I’m in the south as they don’t see you as Irish like them, but then when you go to Scotland/England/Wales they call you Irish 🤣 and I don’t feel British either.

I remember when I was in Scotland being jealous of their Scottish culture, like tartan and bagpipes and Braveheart lol and feeling like I can’t have that in NI without picking a side and there’s no neutral culture to choose either

Reactions: 4
I completely get what you mean. I dont identify as orange or green or any similar label & it can leave you feeling a bit lost. I don’t feel Irish when I’m in the south as they don’t see you as Irish like them, but then when you go to Scotland/England/Wales they call you Irish 🤣 and I don’t feel British either.

I remember when I was in Scotland being jealous of their Scottish culture, like tartan and bagpipes and Braveheart lol and feeling like I can’t have that in NI without picking a side and there’s no neutral culture to choose either
I lived in Scotland for a while too and we were tempted to stay there. Its an amazing place to live and the people are so like us in regards to humour etc.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.