Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find some of the ‘tributes’ really offensive…. There is no need to bring up the NI protocol right now, but then the DUP know what they did to Trimble so they can’t really say to much.

I thought the above one from Gerry Adams was the most appropriate/tasteful and obviously you all know I am no fan of his!

The garvaghy road thing is a bit mental looking back. I was 10-11 at the time and remember the rioting, I think within the context of the time it is another example of this place being mental, we still had bombs going off. I’m sure Trimble probably looked back on how he handled it and cringed though as he does seem like someone who could reflect. He took a massive risk with GFA and was instrumental in getting support for this.

Reactions: 3
When I say Trimble was fickle I think he did what he did for himself and the notoriety it gave him, not so much for the people .I actually think Paisley was a more genuine politician /person .

Love the Mr’s and Little Misses😂
473158AA-1B04-4239-A9D2-B1BD993ECDBB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
FFS Jeffrey on Nolan saying how Trimble believed people should exercise their democratic right to walk on a public highway re Drumcree.
Sickens me, it wasn't a democratic right. I will die on that hill. That's literally the only "good" thing Jeffrey has to say about the man.

Reactions: 2
Says something when Colm Eastwood speaks higher of the man than the hardliners. Even Adams respected him and gave a balanced account.
I'm quite shocked at Jeffrey but not surprised at Bryson.

Zealots colonising Northern Ireland?
Oh do duck off Jamie.
He actually has a reach which is worrying.
I cannot wait until loyalism is finished with him or the state decide he's troublesome.

Reactions: 4
So many need virtual gobstoppers
3C366150-382E-4DFE-ABF3-5C2017762006.jpeg

John remained humble even in death
4C2A08E1-BC5E-4E9E-9DD6-6FE8DFA34E37.jpeg
3FB53FE3-BA15-4BF8-87C1-8DF99AF351A4.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the loyalist mobs would be out in force European’s becoming the new Irish 😂

• Haha
I think the loyalist mobs would be out in force European’s becoming the new Irish 😂
Oh my God I didn't even think of that. That'll be a no then. A big fat never never never no! Can't have anything to do with Europe.
Pity though, Belfast could do with a power wash.

Bryson really is a lowlife isn’t he? Relentlessly and unapologetically using someone’s death to push his own agenda. We get it Jamie, you hate the protocol, you think it’s “subjugated the Union”, blah blah blah, we heard you the first 10,000 times you said it 🥱😴

Oh my God I didn't even think of that. That'll be a no then. A big fat never never never no! Can't have anything to do with Europe.
Pity though, Belfast could do with a power wash.
The U.K still compete though so it could be a comical display of patriotic paddies and prods head to toe in green and red/white/blue outside the odyssey. Imagine the scenes 😂 Belfast for Eurovision 🙏😂 Someone on TV earlier suggested Ukraine should choose the venue. Would be surprised if it’s anywhere other than London.

• Haha
To be fair the UK would have won last year if it hadn't been based on emotive voting and making a point to Russia. IMVHO.
Mind when Ireland kept winning and then they realised they couldn't afford it lol.

• Haha
To be fair the UK would have won last year if it hadn't been based on emotive voting and making a point to Russia. IMVHO.
Mind when Ireland kept winning and then they realised they couldn't afford it lol.
Yeah the U.K would’ve walked it, it’s a catchy song. Used to love it as a child and would go wild every time Ireland won 🙈🤣 yeah it costs a bomb to host so Ireland thought Jedward and Dustin the Turkey would be safer options 🤣

• Haha
Yeah the U.K would’ve walked it, it’s a catchy song. Used to love it as a child and would go wild every time Ireland won 🙈🤣 yeah it costs a bomb to host so Ireland thought Jedward and Dustin the Turkey would be safer options 🤣
We wouldn't have missed it, always waiting with bated breath to find out how many points the UK gave Ireland and Channel hopping to hear what Wogan would say. I bet your house was the same.
Haven't watched for years. Netflix did a film the story of fire saga about eurovision was very funny.

• Haha
We wouldn't have missed it, always waiting with bated breath to find out how many points the UK gave Ireland and Channel hopping to hear what Wogan would say. I bet your house was the same.
Haven't watched for years. Netflix did a film the story of fire saga about eurovision was very funny.
Exactly that Mavis. And the anticipation for weeks leading up to it 😂 I remember we were allowed Rice Krispies for our supper on Eurovision night, something that only happened on birthdays normally 😂

• Haha
Exactly that Mavis. And the anticipation for weeks leading up to it 😂 I remember we were allowed Rice Krispies for our supper on Eurovision night, something that only happened on birthdays normally 😂
Haha 😄
It was always a fry in our house on a Saturday night, think I was an adult before I realised that wasn't normal. I also think we killed each other over cereal toys that they weren't allowed them.

• Haha
Haha 😄
It was always a fry in our house on a Saturday night, think I was an adult before I realised that wasn't normal. I also think we killed each other over cereal toys that they weren't allowed them.
Our older cousins used to give us their cereal toys, remember the bike reflectors you used to get in Cornflakes, we had bloody murder over those 😂

• Haha
Our older cousins used to give us their cereal toys, remember the bike reflectors you used to get in Cornflakes, we had bloody murder over those 😂
My granny sent away for the bowls from kellogs, must have cost her a complete fortune, back in the days when farmers were rich :ROFLMAO:
Seen this being asked on twitter one time.... what did/do you call the remote control?
Can you tell I'm bored :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
My granny sent away for the bowls from kellogs, must have cost her a complete fortune, back in the days when farmers were rich :ROFLMAO:
Seen this being asked on twitter one time.... what did/do you call the remote control?
Can you tell I'm bored :ROFLMAO:
My parents still have the Kellogg’s bowls 😂 they were free with the tokens on the side of the box I think?
We call it the doofer 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.