Northern Ireland #3 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I shouldn’t started looking through his vids 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I actually thought it may have been cancelled for their own safety not because he had anything against them ? but if he was being arsy who knows ? do southerners feel intimidated coming up here 🤷‍♀️

I see there's a lot of shocked surprise from the Unionists over American tourists likening the bonfires /effigys to the KKK .

What’s going on in Tyrone I lost count of the number of different incidents being reported recently .

Did anyone hear about the farm accident that happened in Omagh the man was buried yesterday but it wasn't reported in the press the health and safety executive are investigating .
I'm from the Republic so I think I can answer about whether people are nervous visiting NI.

I visited Belfast a few years ago and we drove around the Antrim countryside a lot. I wasnt nervous and found the people really friendly and chatty. It was right before the 12th so we saw some marches and the bonfires being prepped. Even then we didnt feel nervous. It was part of a black cab tour so we had the benefit of a local with us. We just quietly observed.

I do think its a generational thing though as I am early 30s and have little recollection of seeing the troubles of tv as I was too young. My parents and aunts and uncles would be a different story though. My mum visited Belfast with me over 10 years ago as I lived near ish the border and we jumped on a hop on/off bus to Stormont and they put the long mirror thing under the bus and my mum almost lost her life! She was on edge the entire day. But she would have clearer memories of seeing what happened on tv. Same with aunts and uncles of that generation.

I'm from the Republic so I think I can answer about whether people are nervous visiting NI.

I visited Belfast a few years ago and we drove around the Antrim countryside a lot. I wasnt nervous and found the people really friendly and chatty. It was right before the 12th so we saw some marches and the bonfires being prepped. Even then we didnt feel nervous. It was part of a black cab tour so we had the benefit of a local with us. We just quietly observed.

I do think its a generational thing though as I am early 30s and have little recollection of seeing the troubles of tv as I was too young. My parents and aunts and uncles would be a different story though. My mum visited Belfast with me over 10 years ago as I lived near ish the border and we jumped on a hop on/off bus to Stormont and they put the long mirror thing under the bus and my mum almost lost her life! She was on edge the entire day. But she would have clearer memories of seeing what happened on tv. Same with aunts and uncles of that generation.
What was the mirror for ? a security check before they let you into Stormont ? It's good to hear from a southerners point of view.

What was the mirror for ? a security check before they let you into Stormont ? It's good to hear from a southerners point of view.
Ya a security check....checking underneath the bus. We assumed for bombs.

Reactions: 1
Not kink shaming but the orange initiation ritual of riding the goat is a bit strange but I'd love to witness it. Particularly the whipping whilst onlookers bleat like animals. Don't get your knickers in a twist it's not a real goat.....anymore.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Not kink shaming but the orange initiation ritual of riding the goat is a bit strange but I'd love to witness it. Particularly the whipping whilst onlookers bleat like animals. Don't get your knickers in a twist it's not a real goat.....anymore.
Rituals 😉
0C38F893-F149-48DF-9F35-38C715C2106E.jpeg
2C24F318-D847-469B-8C1C-E6239A1CC593.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 5

I see they’ve been burning GAA flags as well which is truly pathetic. It just reeks of insecurity. The GAA obviously lives rent free in their heads. I can guarantee those teams don’t give the OO or King Billy a single thought when they’re playing in front of a crowd of 82k in Croke Park. For reference, Old Trafford holds 74k. Ratings on Sky Sports surpassing 1million worldwide. And they don’t play for money, they play for the love of our National games. That is culture. Not burning flags and effigies.
I really want to know how watching a load of pallets burn to the ground is culture? Tradition maybe but culture?

Thought they were outraged when American tourists compared them to the KKK? 🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
KKKulture
5B1C90AD-3877-43D1-AA00-64F7DB38915B.jpeg

I see they’ve been burning GAA flags as well which is truly pathetic. It just reeks of insecurity. The GAA obviously lives rent free in their heads. I can guarantee those teams don’t give the OO or King Billy a single thought when they’re playing in front of a crowd of 82k in Croke Park. For reference, Old Trafford holds 74k. Ratings on Sky Sports surpassing 1million worldwide. And they don’t play for money, they play for the love of our National games. That is culture. Not burning flags and effigies.
I really want to know how watching a load of pallets burn to the ground is culture? Tradition maybe but culture?

Thought they were outraged when American tourists compared them to the KKK? 🙈
They were
CABE47D3-B95B-497C-A0BC-62555DBDA420.jpeg

2AAB9B8F-45CE-4311-87CC-28AAC490FFAB.jpeg

I’m sure it’s just going to escalate from here

31323B10-F002-474E-A440-3A6B81D94708.jpeg

Last edited:
9B02793E-DA57-4C01-8FD8-D6D4D61AC5E9.jpg

More perversion

I’m going to be really petty now but …
57F1A2C2-BEAB-4775-88DF-B91BC3179732.jpeg
🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Right before uncle Hugo came on radio Ulster played a snippet of rage against the machine killing in the name. Was hilarious.
Some of those that work forces
Are the same that burn crosses.

Probably a Banksy and probably an original knowing Joe Bollocks.
I'm ate alive Nora, ate alive.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.