Northern Ireland #2 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
FFS 😂

The British think they’re infallible they’re a tiny dot in a big world not the other way round 🙄

Reactions: 2
As if they would https://news.sky.com/story/dup-lead...-election-of-new-speaker-in-stormont-12611825DUP leader Jeffrey Donaldson says party will not support election of new Speaker in StormontView attachment 1263115

Time it was took off them
How much do Stormont MLAs and ministers get paid? Taxpayers will fork out almost £100k a week even if Assembly not sitting

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/...ek-even-if-assembly-not-sitting-41645111.html
MLAs get paid 55k, ministers get up to 86k and first & deputy first ministers get over 114k. It costs around £1m every month apparently not sure if that’s just salaries or salaries and expenses.

Reactions: 5
MLAs get paid 55k, ministers get up to 86k and first & deputy first ministers get over 114k. It costs around £1m every month apparently not sure if that’s just salaries or salaries and expenses.
That's just salaries expenses are claimed annully I think . I know they publish a list of what certain members claim every year.

Outgoing MLAs who have lost their seats also get a severance package and “winding up” costs. Kind of like going for an interview, not getting the job but getting paid anyway 🙈

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Outgoing MLAs who have lost their seats also get a severance package and “winding up” costs. Kind of like going for an interview, not getting the job but getting paid anyway 🙈
That’s right and not only the ones who werent re-elected but also those who didn’t stand this time around! They get a months salary for every year of service they’ve done with it capped at 6 months or something 😂 not bad is it! Only costing the tax payer another £300k during a cost of living crisis 😂

It’s a real wonder the living wage isn’t good enough for them 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
How many nationalist supremacists does it take to run a country, answers on a postcard to J. Bryson 🙄🫤
8822B6A1-6E6E-4E04-AB4C-8E39E845AC41.jpeg

• Haha
I can’t wait to the blame game is back on we’ll get some laughs. Gutted jake okane won’t be returning though, his “flegs” segment will never leave me 😂😂😂😂
Can't wait I love it .Jake is a scream live ,the flegs will go down in history 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can't wait I love it .Jake is a scream live ,the flegs will go down in history 😂
It’s still as funny all these years later isn’t it!! 🤣 We had booked to go and see him live this year and missed it cause the kids were sick - talk about gutted!! Hes always been my favourite on the blame game 😂😂😂

• Haha
It’s still as funny all these years later isn’t it!! 🤣 We had booked to go and see him live this year and missed it cause the kids were sick - talk about gutted!! Hes always been my favourite on the blame game 😂😂😂
Aww those pesky kids ;) x ...We've been to see him a few times he's great ,hopefully you'll catch him another time . When my eldest son was younger he got the part of Gregory Campbell in the school show ( all in good fun ) there was a line about flags in it ,my husband told him to change it to flegs and showed him how to mimic Jake ,it went down a storm with the teachers and parents 😂 he got tonsilititis on the third night and they still wanted him to perform ,he did Jake proud :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Aww those pesky kids ;) x ...We've been to see him a few times he's great ,hopefully you'll catch him another time . When my eldest son was younger he got the part of Gregory Campbell in the school show ( all in good fun ) there was a line about flags in it ,my husband told him to change it to flegs and showed him how to mimic Jake ,it went down a storm with the teachers and parents 😂 he got tonsilititis on the third night and they still wanted him to perform ,he did Jake proud :ROFLMAO:
Hahaha awwww that’s adorable I bet it was the best craic!!! Our country might not agree on an awful lot but we are good at making light and fun out of everything even if it’s making fun of each other it’s never hard feelings 😂😂😂

• Heart
Hahaha awwww that’s adorable I bet it was the best craic!!! Our country might not agree on an awful lot but we are good at making light and fun out of everything even if it’s making fun of each other it’s never hard feelings 😂😂😂
That’s what makes us, we can laugh at ourselves there’s not many people can do that 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Naomi actually sounds quite emotional in that clip. The only things I buy in M&S have yellow stickers on them 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.