Northern Ireland #14 Better to have no representation than to have poor representation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t mean to cause any offence when commenting on Chloe’s case, I’m sure we all want justice for what has or hasn’t happened to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
JeezeOO there was some sort of meeting about the Irish language last night and it was something else.
Poots was there 🥴
Essentially the language is chipping away at British identity. These people can't hear themselves.
How about get to duck. How about learning some history on why the indigenous language of this island was almost eradicated by the British.
Manners will finally be put into themmuns and it'll be the Brits that do it. Delicious.
I understand where you are coming from yes and I really didn’t think. Sorry if I caused anyone any offence

Reactions: 1
Maybe because we can’t attract investment …Answers on a postcard as to the reason why 😂
NI has really gone to tit and it’s a disgrace. I live in England and every time I come back I just can’t believe how it’s getting worse, less and less stuff in it and less things to do.

And all of my cousins have to travel either to Europe or the south for work for good money (they do trades).

It’s actually shocking and angers me.

We may be better of as part of Ireland. Whatever the case it needs to get sorted I don’t know what the duck the politicians are doing and I can’t see any evidence of it.

Reactions: 4
JeezeOO there was some sort of meeting about the Irish language last night and it was something else.
Poots was there 🥴
Essentially the language is chipping away at British identity. These people can't hear themselves.
How about get to duck. How about learning some history on why the indigenous language of this island was almost eradicated by the British.
Manners will finally be put into themmuns and it'll be the Brits that do it. Delicious.
The insecurity is staggering. People speak English here every second of every minute of every day and does it affect anyone’s Irish identity? No. The place is currently draped in red, white and blue and does it make me feel British? Hell no. Quite the opposite, I feel so far removed from all of it that I feel more Irish than ever 😂 The only way a language can possibly affect your identity is if you’re insecure in that identity.
Try as I might I can’t for the life of me understand how anyone can be so offended by a language they don’t understand. BTW I think the DUP Councillor who said she “doesn’t condone the Irish language” was elected 😂 course she was 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
NI has really gone to tit and it’s a disgrace. I live in England and every time I come back I just can’t believe how it’s getting worse, less and less stuff in it and less things to do.

And all of my cousins have to travel either to Europe or the south for work for good money (they do trades).

It’s actually shocking and angers me.

We may be better of as part of Ireland. Whatever the case it needs to get sorted I don’t know what the duck the politicians are doing and I can’t see any evidence of it.
I don’t think we could be any worse than we are now, we have unelected bin boys calling the shots ( for others) place is a joke.
---
IMG_5787.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
It's laughable at this point, I'm sure quite a few of us have gcse and a level in the subject, have Irish names and have given our kids the same. It's bleeping ridiculous that people are offended and feel that somehow undermines how they view themselves. The truth is they hate Irish people and their identity they don't want to share northern Ireland, they've only ever wanted the community to work for unionists. They'll start this dung again about breaking up the union, if NI go Scotland will follow. Believe me Westminster have done everything in their power to scupper that idea, independence is as far away as ever for those guys.
They haven't done the same for NI and they're not going to, and I don't know if this is accurate but apparently they've allowed the loyalist side to destroy themselves with drugs, when they're distracted in that carry on they've not much chance of no surrender.
A border poll will have a huge campaign, everyone will know the score and pragmatic decisions need to happen. People treat the issue like opposing football teams and its not that, its your future and future citizens futures.
What the duck would any nationalist want to remain in a united Kingdom for? I think its up to the DUP etc to start selling it to us but I'll not hold my breath.
You might be right about Irish citizens not voting yes, who could blame them eh? But they wouldn't bear the brunt financially alone the EU will ease that burden, investment from America etc. Since Brexit Ireland is in a very strong position globally for trade.
We probably would have some sort of devolved gov operating in the North following reunification it wouldn't be an overnight good bye to the UK, it would be transitional. But the big draw that is the NHS is tired now, we have the worst health service in the UK, having spoken to some family who work in it and locum in the South there's no comparison, they're definitely over it now. They're thinking about their pocket and HSE is less stressful.
What a rant.
Soz.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
on another note - there is a man in a balaclava running round coleraine train station with a machete!!! what the hell is the world coming to

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Who's the first person?

Other than being mostly black I wouldn't say its similar. One has grey shoulders and what looks like grey on the trousers too.
The Nottingham attacker , I meant in style ,the face covered, dressed in black with a large knife and backpack.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
there were primary 2 kids from a nearby primary school walking to the leisure centre for their swimming lesson, walking right past the station when this happened apparently. apparently hes known for being a bit mental, and he was looking for a man that had an affair with his girlfriend. seems like hes very young

Reactions: 6
Probably a copy cat.
Hopefully it’s just some skank having a bit of fun.
---
there were primary 2 kids from a nearby primary school walking to the leisure centre for their swimming lesson, walking right past the station when this happened apparently. apparently hes known for being a bit mental, and he was looking for a man that had an affair with his girlfriend. seems like hes very young
Anyone with a blade that size needs taken seriously.

I have ordered myself a safety keychain for when I'm out because you truly never know

Reactions: 3
Who is he? I saw he's 23. Poor kids. We live locally and if my kids saw that they would be terrified!

Reactions: 3
I have ordered myself a safety keychain for when I'm out because you truly never know
I always walk with my house keys in my hand, I put one key between my fingers so I've a good chance of stabbing them. I mean always. Don't walk in secluded areas using your phone and if you're listening to a pod or something only wear one earbud. Is that a wee alarm thing? They're quite good. I keep a wee mini bottle of elnett in my bag too.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I always walk with my house keys in my hand, I put one key between my fingers so I've a good chance of stabbing them. I mean always. Don't walk in secluded areas using your phone and if you're listening to a pod or something only wear one earbud. Is that a wee alarm thing? They're quite good. I keep a wee mini bottle of elnett in my bag too.
Isn't it actually horrendous that you need to do this is 2023?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Isn't it actually horrendous that you need to do this is 2023?!
I guess. But bad things happen. Whenever I did this sort of training they said distracted women were a target, umbrellas and shopping bags and phones.
I know NI is generally safe compared to other places and women are more at risk from people they know but its good to be aware.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.