Northern Ireland #14 Better to have no representation than to have poor representation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I’m creating a new thread and in true Bryson style I have just gone Rogue and made up a thread title in honour of our favourite non lawyer….

You can do a full recap but I’ll summarise

-the orange hall scumbag singers thought it was a good idea to have everyone’s favourite non lawyer representing them. Not a wise move
- a poor young girl has been murdered and we all send sympathy to her family. (Let’s remember we need to not speculate on the case)
-we have a stupid heatwave and I just want a thunderstorm to get the pollen away.
-Eamonn Holmes is loving life trying to bring Philip schofield down.

anything else to add…….

Reactions: 12
We’re still a failed state, thugs running the country, democracy is dead.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I haven’t been engaging in much chat or expressing opinions on the Chloe case as TBH Natalie and the horrific death she & her little angel had at the hands of her partner, along with how calculated he was consumed me.
Still can’t get that poor girl out of my head.

I’m often amazed how desensitised some have become to the evil that is around us.

Many won’t have even heard about either scenario. And then go down a voyage of discovery when something trending on Twitter. Displaying shock at not being aware

Testament to a changed time, a disconnect, how many can eloquently tell you the ins and outs of the whole life of a love island cast member or IG star but barely even know what’s going on in our own part of the world.
The days of watching the news because it was the only way you had access to a lot of things .
The consuming of social medla all day every day on IG and TT, normalisation of bad behaviour, watching films and series gripped by the storyline.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
@Pat1268 there’s a lot of people saying things on that last thread without me commenting that shouldn’t be being said so..

Reactions: 1
JeezeOO there was some sort of meeting about the Irish language last night and it was something else.
Poots was there 🥴
Essentially the language is chipping away at British identity. These people can't hear themselves.
How about get to duck. How about learning some history on why the indigenous language of this island was almost eradicated by the British.
Manners will finally be put into themmuns and it'll be the Brits that do it. Delicious.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Pat1268 there’s a lot of people saying things on that last thread without me commenting that shouldn’t be being said so..
I get you don’t mean any harm x but maybe think of your source 😉 if this is clocked and flagged he may be in trouble ,there could be finer details that only the police will know and they’ll want to find out how they got on a public forum .
---
I haven’t been engaging in much chat or expressing opinions on the Chloe case as TBH Natalie and the horrific death she & her little angel had at the hands of her partner, along with how calculated he was consumed me.
Still can’t get that poor girl out of my head.

I’m often amazed how desensitised some have become to the evil that is around us.

Many won’t have even heard about either scenario. And then go down a voyage of discovery when something trending on Twitter. Displaying shock at not being aware

Testament to a changed time, a disconnect, how many can eloquently tell you the ins and outs of the whole life of a love island cast member or IG star but barely even know what’s going on in our own part of the world.
The days of watching the news because it was the only way you had access to a lot of things .
The consuming of social medla all day every day on IG and TT, normalisation of bad behaviour, watching films and series gripped by the storyline.
Yeah ,like the Natalie case I’ll start commenting once the evidence is public ( incase there’s loopholes being breached )there’s already too many animals on the streets due to technicalities 😖

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Have to agree, a police officer discussing an active murder investigation is bad form but unsurprising. Especially given what the police posted yesterday evening. The rumours look like they're coming from the PSNI.
Again I don't mean any harm.

Reactions: 4
Have to agree, a police officer discussing an active murder investigation is bad form but unsurprising. Especially given what the police posted yesterday evening. The rumours look like they're coming from the PSNI.
I second that

With PSNI quite rightly coming under scrutiny for the sharing of information in group chats, WhatsApp’s and with civilians it’s evident that still hasn’t taught some of them any lessons

When public share speculation, stories or videos it’s not helpful to the case, victim, victims family nor an unbiased judicial process and something I try to keep out of.

When serving police officers or indeed any professionals that are sharing that information gained through their involvement in a professional capacity it’s gross misconduct and they deserve to have the book threw at them.

In my professional capacity I have been aware of information on family friends neighbours or public. Bound by my standards of professional conduct and my own personal integrity that goes no further.
Even acting shocked when something then came into the wider domain - a diagnosis, a death or any other matter.

If any one in my circle was filtering snippets of information about anything, should it be dr nurse teacher paramedic legal professional, I would be nipping the conversation in the bud straight away and be telling them they were out of line.

Reactions: 5
Don't worry about it. I said things too but didn't mean any harm.
I'm just disgusted that another young woman's life has been taken in this country.
Just hopefully justice is served for Chloe and for her family and that's all I'm going to say on it now.
Does anyone know where the vigil is tonight in Belfast, I had the news on there and they mentioned there is one in Belfast & one in Ballymena?

I work from home and was flicking through the channels there, how bloody insufferable is Lorraine?

Reactions: 3
I work from home and was flicking through the channels there, how bloody insufferable is Lorraine?
I wish I was WFH today too 😂

On my way into a sweat box of an office with no air con or decent window now and would give anything to be sitting at home in a pair of shorts and vest top to keep cool 😂

I tend not to have TV or radio on when I’m WFH much prefer to stick on a random podcast or audio book of something I’m not really completely engaged in

More to drown out competing sounds than anything else

Daytime Tv wrecks me

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Poooooootttttssss is tying himself up in knots, the Irish language is politicised. Yes Edwin by the DUP and unionists, not by me or anyone I know who uses it. The leisure centre is for unionists, they don't want the language inposed on them? Is it a unionist leisure centre, i wasn't aware venues like that are political are they not shared spaces? Would I not be welcome there with my Irish name?
My car dealership is right beside it, am I not welcome in there or in marksies?
Huh?
I really don't understand the disgusting attitude to a language and not even hearing or seeing it but reading it on a sign.

Reactions: 8
I wish I was WFH today too 😂

On my way into a sweat box of an office with no air con or decent window now and would give anything to be sitting at home in a pair of shorts and vest top to keep cool 😂

I tend not to have TV or radio on when I’m WFH much prefer to stick on a random podcast or audio book of something I’m not really completely engaged in

More to drown out competing sounds than anything else

Daytime Tv wrecks me
I will say a prayer for you, I could think of nothing worse than an office right now and having to make small talk. I may or may not hav had a few drinks in the garden last night so I can't deal with people face to face 😂
I'm rewatching Gossip Girl so I have that on in the background, not completely engrossed in it but When someone rings on teams have to remember to mute it 🙈
I'm like neighborhood watch here at the living room window where my desk is, doing more watching people walk up and down the street than i am working.

Reactions: 6
If it’s good enough for Harry Styles then Poots should shut his cake hole 😂 or should I say houl his whist 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
We should know what happened. The truth. Some people can’t handle it and should avoid the truth, but we as a community need to know what the duck is out there and is happening to better help people and hold people accountable….

Reactions: 6
Oooh ! I remember those days 😬😂…Never needed a wheel though.
---
We should know what happened. The truth. Some people can’t handle it and should avoid the truth, but we as a community need to know what the duck is out there and is happening to better help people and hold people accountable….
Unfortunately we have to trust the law to do that ,speculation can work in the criminals favour.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Well, you know its difficult for unionists isn't it. Because although its up to the people here to determine their future, people in the rest of the world can see what happened here. Keeping shouting about your British identity though lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Well, you know its difficult for unionists isn't it. Because although its up to the people here to determine their future, people in the rest of the world can see what happened here. Keeping shouting about your British identity though lol 😆
An united Ireland is inevitable. I was speaking to my ma about it the other day and she said the south don’t want us because to many are on the dole 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
An united Ireland is inevitable. I was speaking to my ma about it the other day and she said the south don’t want us because to many are on the dole 😂😂
Maybe because we can’t attract investment …Answers on a postcard as to the reason why 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.