Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mrs Fluff will leave you all to die. Apart from me, Fluffy and I are pals who wait eagerly for celebs to depart this earth.
---

55 I think. Very poor in some places.
To be fair we're even shyte at death predictions

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Has anyone discussed these competitions pages? Would question how legit they are
Like McKinney competitions? I saw Tiffany Brien's husband who is an Ulster rugby player won a house recently (or £150k cash alternative) - like those two need a house. Seems v weird that rich people would've even entered the competition let alone won it. What are the chances?!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I hate McKinney competitions. I entered one draw, and they bombarded me afterwards with ads for other competitions. I unsubscribed at least 10 times from their emails, which I had never opted into. I couldn't find a contact to ask them to stop, so I messaged them on Facebook, and they were very snotty. I won an iPhone on rkings, so I still do the odd one with them.

Reactions: 4
I hate McKinney competitions. I entered one draw, and they bombarded me afterwards with ads for other competitions. I unsubscribed at least 10 times from their emails, which I had never opted into. I couldn't find a contact to ask them to stop, so I messaged them on Facebook, and they were very snotty. I won an iPhone on rkings, so I still do the odd one with them.
I have seen another car prize going within family too

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I think the smaller ones who are giving away cars etc are probably legit but houses? Here’s the bit I don’t understand and I’d love someone to enlighten me, a lot of the time they give away houses or a £200k cash alternative (for example). If the winner takes the cash then what happens to the house? Surely they’ve bought the house in the first place to be able to give it away? Was it Bear competitions who gave away a house recently and some sort of relative won? It just seems like such a dodgy, unregulated industry and a front for something else? 🤔

Reactions: 6
Nationalists don't hate displays of British identity but I think its clear that carry on has hurt unionism.
The flag protests were the start of it, very vocal, aggressive and in everyone's face and it has since snowballed. Sensible unionist leaders could see the impact it would have in the long run, tried to diffuse the situation and lost their base.
Political unionism is in diffs, if they had any brains they would reach out to nationalism and start trying to represent them. There are many nationalists who are happy with their place in the union, many!
But they're not represented by ex British soldiers who talk about spearing natives or members of a lodge. To use that auld phrase again SF are cute hoors and they've focused on politics for all for years and its working, they say very little apart from mostly positive sound bites, whilst Jeff etc sulk, witch and moan. You'd have to brain dead to not see whats happening, think outside the box ffs.
By the way they're looking Doug out, letter circulating calling for his resignation.

Reactions: 7
What annoys me is the fact that parts of where I live are now draped in enormous UVF / UDA flags and that's considered acceptable! It blows my mind. I was driving my son and his friends yesterday and took a shortcut through a local housing estate and was just shocked by the amount of flags and paramilitary murals that are just allowed to be put up. To me it's an absolute disgrace that we as a society allow this.

My mum is actually from the housing estate that I drove through and my granny lived there until her death. Neither of them were sectarian at all and my mum is probably the most nationalist / republican out of all of us. I think it's a tiny minority of the population who encourage and condone this sectarianism and glorification of paramilitaries and unfortunately it includes the DUP.

Has anyone discussed these competitions pages? Would question how legit they are
My hometown is Portadown so my Facebook has friends from there on it and they’re all mad about Tommy French competitions. He must run about 8 comps daily. 89p a ticket to £2 something for other ones. If you buy 5 tickets for each raffle your easily spending a fortune. I’ve had friends who have won on it but they don’t say how much they spent to begin with.

Nationalists don't hate displays of British identity but I think its clear that carry on has hurt unionism.
The flag protests were the start of it, very vocal, aggressive and in everyone's face and it has since snowballed. Sensible unionist leaders could see the impact it would have in the long run, tried to diffuse the situation and lost their base.
Political unionism is in diffs, if they had any brains they would reach out to nationalism and start trying to represent them. There are many nationalists who are happy with their place in the union, many!
But they're not represented by ex British soldiers who talk about spearing natives or members of a lodge. To use that auld phrase again SF are cute hoors and they've focused on politics for all for years and its working, they say very little apart from mostly positive sound bites, whilst Jeff etc sulk, witch and moan. You'd have to brain dead to not see whats happening, think outside the box ffs.
By the way they're looking Doug out, letter circulating calling for his resignation.
Meanwhile the DUP continue to call them SFIRA at every opportunity and you have Carla Lockhart and ELP constantly posting historical IRA tweets in attempts to drive division. SF ignore them, and are moving forward and it’s clearly working for them. Like them or loathe them they are strategic and know what they’re doing.
The DUP are hailing the elections as some kind of huge success just because they haven’t lost any seats, maintaining is not the same as growing. SF are up 39 seats and are probably wondering if they should’ve run even more candidates 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
DUP support it because they rely on people thinking like this. The flags paint a worrying picture one of no surrender and fighting until the bitter end. There's no appetite for that on the nationalist front at all, people are busy getting on with their lives.

Reactions: 5
Jamie tries to pigeon hole us all. Personally I have a no issue with British culture, why would I when I'm legally a British citizen and live in the United Kingdom. I'm sick and tired of the same old tropes and the gate keeping. That's the thing with unionism they can't understand this mindset because of their own insecurities and they've been fed a myth 😂

Reactions: 5
Jamie tries to pigeon hole us all. Personally I have a no issue with British culture, why would I when I'm legally a British citizen and live in the United Kingdom. I'm sick and tired of the same old tropes and the gate keeping. That's the thing with unionism they can't understand this mindset because of their own insecurities and they've been fed a myth 😂
Looks like “toasting the King” hasn’t done Michelle any harm so far. He’s so consumed by his own hatred he thinks everyone is the same as him. I don’t hate Jamie, I pity him 😂 I don’t hate Britain either, I’m secure enough in my own identity not to be feel threatened by anyone else’s.

I'm just going to sign post you to Danny Kennedys interview yesterday with Carruthers. It seems to be getting a lot of attention now.... this is the mentality. It's stale. Boring. Pathetic.
There wasn't a duck given when this was an unequal environment.

Some sort of weird victim mentality emerging. It’s like when the stats came out that 50% more Catholic kids attend University than Protestant kids and Peter Weir said it was because people were walking around Queens wearing their GAA jerseys 🤦🏼‍♀️

Some sort of weird victim mentality emerging. It’s like when the stats came out that 50% more Catholic kids attend University than Protestant kids and Peter Weir said it was because people were walking around Queens wearing their GAA jerseys 🤦🏼‍♀️

That girl with the dark hair looks like she has a raging hangover and can't cope.

• Haha
Just to remind you Craigs slogan which he used for the UUP was "a protestant parliament for a protestant people"
I loved how he referred to recent events as a benign apartheid, that was monumentally stupid.

This thread is lol
Plot twist, SF doesn’t actually mean Sinn Fein, it’s an abbreviation of Sheg for the Fleg 🇮🇪😂

‘Twas the poverty you see, themmuns only have themselves to blame, not our fault we couldn’t afford condoms 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.