Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phillip Schofield is leaving this morning with immediate effect, can't wait for all the stories to start coming out now

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I'm from the Republic and i'd have to really think about what way i would vote in a unity referendum.

My head says no (mainly from a financial point of view but I think there would need to be a plan that the UK would continue to part subsidise NI for a number of years). I think there would need to be so much work and debate done in advance on areas such as the public sector, NHS/healthcare, Education, policing etc. Even from a political point of view can you imagine the DUP sitting in the Dàil.

But my heart says Yes. But it is very easy for me to say as I am based as far away from the border as you can get. If I lived in a border county and had memories of the troubles my response might be different.

If unity were to happen I understand that we (the Republic) can't just asbsorb NI without making some concessions or changes but my vote would very much depend on what these are. The flag and our anthem I believe absolutely shouldnt change but I dont believe Irish should be a compulsory subject in NI if someone didnt want to learn it.

However, a friend of mine believes that NI should just follow everything we do in the event of unity so there are people out there that are a bit more gung ho.

I think the debate in the years running up to a referendum would be very interesting. Even the timing off it would be interesting. Who votes first? I assume NI. But imagine if the Republic then voted no.

We in the Republic love a good referendum...same sex marriage and abortion are the two biggest ones obviously in the last few years and both were pretty overwhelming majorities. NI seems slower to introduce change I believe same sex marriage was only introduced in 2020 and Westminster had to intervene to ensure abortion services were made available recently. I know we have written in to our constitution that any change needs to be voted for by way of referendum which correct me if I am wrong but NI doesnt have this so thr likes of the DUP were able to veto the same sex marriage bill. I wonder if NI had a chance to vote on these issues how they woukd have voted.
Agreed. It would be mixed/head feelings. I disagree with th e eferendum bit. Unless explicitly stated most people have no idea. I worked the year the or the year the Irish voted against the Lisbon Treay. It was the same year the public voted Dustin the Turkey into the Eurovision.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Agreed. It would be mixed/head feelings. I disagree with th e eferendum bit. Unless explicitly stated most people have no idea. I worked the year the or the year the Irish voted against the Lisbon Treay. It was the same year the public voted Dustin the Turkey into the Eurovision.
The Lisbon Treaty wasnt like most referendums because it wasnt a straight forward yes/no for the likes of abortion or same sex marriage. Most of the referendums are more binary choices but that was to ratify a treaty which itself was quite complicated. It was one of the first referendums I was eligible to vote in and the thing most people were worried about was our neutrality.

Poor aul Phil, over 20 years in the job and no last hurrah, just gone 💨 as much as he’s a w*nker that’s bound to sting. Holly’s token statement was weak AF 😂 Paddy Kielty for This Morning 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Poor aul Phil, over 20 years in the job and no last hurrah, just gone 💨 as much as he’s a w*nker that’s bound to sting. Holly’s token statement was weak AF 😂 Paddy Kielty for This Morning 🙌
Ant & Dec better not get it anyway… pair of wankers!

• Haha
Ant & Dec better not get it anyway… pair of wankers!
I like Dec but Ant turns me since the drink driving incident. It’ll be Holly with a carousel of other presenters I think. Rylan might come back now, think Phil was the reason he left in the first place.

Here, I saw this on twitter and if I could guarantee this Garda man would use his truncheon on me then I’ll vote yes in the referendum.
Even though he comes out of this exchange looking like a complete clown I still would totally give him one.

• Haha
The Lisbon Treaty wasnt like most referendums because it wasnt a straight forward yes/no for the likes of abortion or same sex marriage. Most of the referendums are more binary choices but that was to ratify a treaty which itself was quite complicated. It was one of the first referendums I was eligible to vote in and the thing most people were worried about was our neutrality.
Ah OK. I'd forgotten the non-bibary aspect

The other fella looks like he’s getting a tenner with his dole, that’s the look I get when I tell my son he has school in the morning lol

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I said the same re holly. I'd have more emotional and heartfelt things to say about my morning poo

absolutely delighted he's gone. hope all the shady/grooming stories come out now. love that Rylan and Amanda Holden are already rejoicing

Tattlers in the 26 counties, you need to vote in favour of reunification if or when any referendum happens. Our lives depend on it, the oppression is killing us and we’re literally bleeping dying up here 😭 like we just get to a certain point and then stop bleeping living 😩😂

Save us!!! 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Still waiting on results from my DEA... Jesus bleeping Christ can they hurry up I'm off my tits waiting!!

Reactions: 1
Seriously just think what we could do to Jamie...
To be fair the hardliners are slowly turning on him so it's hardly worth the effort.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.