Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve had a few health issues in our family over last year or so and the only option has been to go private. We are in no way loaded but the money was found and we are lucky to have private health care to fund some of it. We were speaking to one of the private doctors and mentioning our experiences with nhs and he said very knowingly ‘you’d almost think they were deliberately trying to run it into the ground’ 🤔

Reactions: 6
Ian Og has no shame. If my Da had been one of the biggest bigots in history I'd be trying to right the wrongs not following in his footsteps.
Chip off the old block , I think his twin gained the conscience.
---
We’ve had a few health issues in our family over last year or so and the only option has been to go private. We are in no way loaded but the money was found and we are lucky to have private health care to fund some of it. We were speaking to one of the private doctors and mentioning our experiences with nhs and he said very knowingly ‘you’d almost think they were deliberately trying to run it into the ground’ 🤔
Most of the consultants in our local hospital only work a few hrs a week there the rest of time they’re in the private sector.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s too late for the NHS now, it will never recover from years of cuts. Why would a doctor want to work in an NHS hospital when they can make a fortune in a private clinic? Why would a nurse slog her guts out in A&E when she could work from home doing Botox? I’m lucky enough to be in decent health but I’ve paid for dental care for about 15 years now. Could never get an appointment when I needed one so I had no choice. My son needed braces, we went private rather than wait years. My sister needed her gallbladder out and after paying privately for scans she was referred back into the NHS system as an urgent case. 4 years they told her, they ended up sending her to Cork to have it out after her condition got worse.

Reactions: 4
Before Brexit the NHS used to fund op’s abroad, people had to pay the cost themselves then were reimbursed , that cut down the waiting lists massively.

Reactions: 3
No, money won't fix it. The Brits know it too and they're watching with interest the shift in demographics, they know the psychological impact its having on unionism so they squeeze harder. It borders on cruelty, they're begging for help, accusing them of blackmail, shouting that a UI isn't a possibility but also in a frantic panic to change the rules. It's a train crash.

This is what Ben Lowry nearly had a breakdown about on Nolan yesterday.
I must look for it ,never heard him but twitter was going mad over his interview 😭😂…Here’s one old man that’s in favour 😅

• Haha
Bens properly fucked over it all. There will be many like him. It's very intense. Monga there are wee clips on twitter, Jonathan Mills post yesterday has some of it in his replies.

Bens properly fucked over it all. There will be many like him. It's very intense. Monga there are wee clips on twitter, Jonathan Mills post yesterday has some of it in his replies.
Must have a look now 😂

• Haha
Apart from Ben choking on his own tears begging London for help, declaring Nationalism has failed, IT HAS FAILED!! he tried to blame SF for the DUP boycotting stormont. I'm fairly good at mental gymnastics but have to say I was stumped yesterday.
Conclusion. Mans not well.

• Haha
Apart from Ben choking on his own tears begging London for help, declaring Nationalism has failed, IT HAS FAILED!! he tried to blame SF for the DUP boycotting stormont. I'm fairly good at mental gymnastics but have to say I was stumped yesterday.
Conclusion. Mans not well.
I was bleeping STRESSED listening to him 🤯

• Haha
I was bleeping STRESSED listening to him 🤯
Ben needs a holiday and possibly a stint in rehab.

"And the one thing we need and we're not getting it is radical help from London. We can't do this on our own! We need really serious sustained cross party help from the UK government, I'm not seeing it. We need help from people like *cries Lord Alderdice and maybe he doesn't want to help, unionists have to seek that help we have to make our case"
Sheer panic.
Followed by this rather angry outburst....
"the fundamental, not that they get a moments recognition for this, the fundamental decency and fairness and generosity of the British who say to Scotland and NI 50%+1 and you can go. That extraordinary generosity bordering on foolishness isn't getting any recognition. No recognition at all. Remember another thing about this that is appallingly one sided, if unionists lose a vote thats it forever, forever! Do you think for 5 seconds the Republic of Ireland would be so generous in return, do you think ROI would say oh look it was all a bit narrow so we should vote on this again in 10 or 20 years and try to be fair to the unionists, no it wouldn't"

• Haha
How come 50+1 is ok for Brexit but not a border poll? A majority is a majority. End of.

Reactions: 6
How come Ben Lowry is thought of as a journalist?
He's an escapee from area 51s holding pen for Sasquatch.
---

• Haha
As my granny would say ,his heads cut 😂

• Haha
If Ben does this again the zoologists will be out to round him up with tranquilliser darts. NIs financial problems solved, instantly! we've caught one!

• Haha
If Ben does this again the zoologists will be out to round him up with tranquilliser darts. NIs financial problems solved, instantly! we've caught one!
Ben did NOT have his weetabix yesterday morning. Let that be a warning to all of you.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.