Northern Ireland #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aye the same Freemasons who have a land buying coalition where they buy up huge swathes of land to keep themmuns out to ensure society remains segregated. That’s what’s policing us and we’re expected to believe they’re entirely impartial. Are ye aye? 🙄
I’ve never really got what Freemasons are. Are there no catholics in the masons?

Reactions: 4
I’ve never really got what Freemasons are. Are there no catholics in the masons?
It’s a “contacts” thing. Jobs for the boys, you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. I don’t believe catholics are welcome.

I used to work beside a Masonic hall and often wondered what went on inside. I’d visions of animals being sacrificed during cult like ceremonies. Every now and then they’d all turn up wearing tuxedos. Strange 🤔

Reactions: 5
Never known a Catholic to be a Freemason. I heard they used secret hand signals and thought it was bullshit til I seen it with my own eyes. There’s a very wealthy business man in my area who’s a FM, seen him do a weird hand signal thing at a rich farmer who done it back 🖖🏼🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My understanding is the loyal orders don't like the free masons? Heard that from an orange man but I don't really get it and didn't enquire further. Say nothing being the motto, in case its a trap. Could be a trap 🤔 I remember my wee mummy telling me her father was a forester, saw his regalia and all but I've no clue what they did/do, think he was a Councillor in his time.

Reactions: 2
So Irish Nationalists aren’t welcome here? Sure we already knew that Jamie ✌😂

• Sad
What does Eamonn Mallie know?
Please tell me the DUP haven't fucked off America 😭 seriously, hardline unionists yousinz are the baddies. I grew up feeling I was the baddie its so not a vibe.
I couldn't wear my wee WJ Dolan sponsored sports top, had to be careful using my name in places, when you think about it, that's not right. Those things made me feel like a baddie. But holy ghost I certainly wouldn't be telling any president of the United States that they're unwelcome in Northern Ireland. Crazy.
Holy Ghost

Nothing says welcome to East Tyrone quite like a clatter of WJ Dolan jerseys
Vintage ones are the best 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That is such a poor reflection on us. You don't have to like Biden personally or Trump or any of them but you still respect the position. I would jump at the opportunity of meeting any of them, its kind of a big deal.
I'm on the fence about young Joel, cratur thinks he's enlightened, he's far from it. It's just another brand of extremism, he's barely stepped foot outside his loyalist hovel.
---
Holy Ghost

Nothing says welcome to East Tyrone quite like a clatter of WJ Dolan jerseys
Vintage ones are the best 😆
I still have mine, signed by God himself.
Peter Canavan walks on water.

It’s a “contacts” thing. Jobs for the boys, you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. I don’t believe catholics are welcome.

I used to work beside a Masonic hall and often wondered what went on inside. I’d visions of animals being sacrificed during cult like ceremonies. Every now and then they’d all turn up wearing tuxedos. Strange 🤔
A work colleague was with friends at an event held in a Masonic hall out by Carnmoney direction recently - she’s loves drink & the craic so decided to go for a laugh to see what a sombre gathering was like.

Much to her shock and delight it was a full on booze fest 😆 cheap drinks and gallons of the stuff being give away as raffle prizes.
Told me I should go with her to next one but I said didn’t feel a wee taig like me would be welcome 🤗

I don’t know if many catholics are in the masons - seems like a wealth thing so for land deals business contacts etc quite possible the rich ones are invited in the Masonic family with half open arms 😂

Didn’t the wealthy catholics also have their own version … called something like the White Knights link to business and the church
I never heard of such a thing in the country but was discussed with someone when I moved to Belfast

Reactions: 1
That is such a poor reflection on us. You don't have to like Biden personally or Trump or any of them but you still respect the position. I would jump at the opportunity of meeting any of them, its kind of a big deal.
I'm on the fence about young Joel, cratur thinks he's enlightened, he's far from it. It's just another brand of extremism, he's barely stepped foot outside his loyalist hovel.
---

The whole Tyrone team are like Jesus himself, rising from their covid death beds to win Sam in 21 the cute hoors 😂

• Haha
A work colleague was with friends at an event held in a Masonic hall out by Carnmoney direction recently - she’s loves drink & the craic so decided to go for a laugh to see what a sombre gathering was like.

Much to her shock and delight it was a full on booze fest 😆 cheap drinks and gallons of the stuff being give away as raffle prizes.
Told me I should go with her to next one but I said didn’t feel a wee taig like me would be welcome 🤗

I don’t know if many catholics are in the masons - seems like a wealth thing so for land deals business contacts etc quite possible the rich ones are invited in the Masonic family with half open arms 😂

Didn’t the wealthy catholics also have their own version … called something like the White Knights link to business and the church
I never heard of such a thing in the country but was discussed with someone when I moved to Belfast
Knights of Columbanus?

This has literally triggered a memory in me of my Dad talking about them. Not sure what they did. Was he one of them? Maybe. I vaguely remember a tie.
---
The whole Tyrone team are like Jesus himself, rising from their covid death beds to win Sam in 21 the cute hoors 😂
Ah now, jealousy jealousy.

The cute hoors thing did more for the team than anything.

• Heart
  • Haha
Knights of Columbanus?

This has literally triggered a memory in me of my Dad talking about them. Not sure what they did. Was he one of them? Maybe. I vaguely remember a tie.
---

Ah now, jealousy jealousy.

The cute hoors thing did more for the team than anything.
Not a bit of it, I loved it, fair fucks to them I say 😂

• Haha
Yep I've decided he was a Knight. But the only event I recall him going to was a yearly dinner in the golf course. Or something.

My understanding is the loyal orders don't like the free masons? Heard that from an orange man but I don't really get it and didn't enquire further. Say nothing being the motto, in case its a trap. Could be a trap 🤔 I remember my wee mummy telling me her father was a forester, saw his regalia and all but I've no clue what they did/do, think he was a Councillor in his time.
I recall being in the INF hall in scotch street Dungannon as a teenager- never really thought about what it was or what it was meant to stand for.
Only in recent years when I read an article about it closing did I explore and discover the phenomenon of the INF was the Irish National Foresters, and what they stood for

And the one in Cookstown was on chapel street and that’s where the opened the ‘pub with no beer’ for a while which I recall my younger siblings frequenting

I was more interested in wearing a new top from Ultimate, sharing a half bottle down by the courthouse for a preload then on to Clubland 😂

• Haha
There was/is the Knights of the round table in Armagh. My friend had links, unsure what they did.
Jealous, I wouldn't mind being part of a secret society.
Had a look at Joel's comments, how the heck would he know any of this, people have filled his head full of nonsense.

And the one in Cookstown was on chapel street and that’s where the opened the ‘pub with no beer’ for a while which I recall my younger siblings frequenting
This isn't correct. The pub with no beer had been the Bosco playgroup place. It's now the scouts.

The INF was at the other side and is now Mulligan's (which links in with my earlier post).
---
The best thing about the cute hoors was Mugsy's response. I assume you're all familiar?
Genius
Screenshot_20230408-135226.png

• Haha
[QUOTE="BigMavis, post: 14681954, member: 32313"
[/QUOTE]

I was in a taxi this week and the taxi man commented on my accent Sure he was going to know which foot he kicked with from the name on my booking anyway

He told me my accent (which I feel I have lost) definitely Tyrone
I laughed and He said aye Tyrone the place where you have a picture of the Sacred Heart on the wall and a picture of Mickey Harte above it 😂

• Haha
I recall being in the INF hall in scotch street Dungannon as a teenager- never really thought about what it was or what it was meant to stand for.
Only in recent years when I read an article about it closing did I explore and discover the phenomenon of the INF was the Irish National Foresters, and what they stood for

I was more interested in wearing a new top from Ultimate, sharing a half bottle down by the courthouse for a preload then on to Clubland 😂

Ultimate :ROFLMAO: one of my youngsters is wearing combat trousers I bought from there, they've got to be as old as the GFA. We live for the football in Tyrone and can't stomach Armagh people, I'm in amongst them now, have to watch myself 👀

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.