Normal People

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Literally just finished it! SO beautiful, my new fave series, one I will watch again for sure. Now to purchase the book :D

Fingers crossed for a series 2

Reactions: 4
Okay so I’m still thinking about this show guys.

I. Can’t. Stop. Watching. It.

I don’t know what this feeling is. Am I going crazy? Please someone tell me I’m not the only one? I feel so heartbroken (in a good way and a bad way) 😂😂 Now I’m laughing at myself because I sound absolutely insane.

Every time I watch it, there is a different scene that really hits me. Last night the scene that got me was the one when they are in bed in Italy. The moment when Marianne says that she doesn’t known why she can’t make people love her and that sometimes she thinks she must deserves to be hurt otherwise why would people do it. It just stuck out to me so much. I love how they don’t sugar coat anything or try to just imply things. It’s very straightforward to the point that it’s actually painful to hear. The things she said will resonate with so many hurt and lost souls 💔💔 ughhhhh

Then I was just watching the Sweden ep and when Lukas’ is taking her photo with the voice over of Connell’s email. It’s like she’s re-reading it over in her head, as she’s sat there in his studio and realising that she doesn’t deserve it. When he says that she is a good person, that nothing is wrong with her and that just because people treat her badly doesn’t mean she deserves it. Again, there are so many people in the world that need to hear those words. duck this show is outstanding.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Okay so I’m still thinking about this show guys.

I. Can’t. Stop. Watching. It.

I don’t know what this feeling is. Am I going crazy? Please someone tell me I’m not the only one? I feel so heartbroken (in a good way and a bad way) 😂😂 Now I’m laughing at myself because I sound absolutely insane.

Every time I watch it, there is a different scene that really hits me. Last night the scene that got me was the one when they are in bed in Italy. The moment when Marianne says that she doesn’t known why she can’t make people love her and that sometimes she thinks she must deserves to be hurt otherwise why would people do it. It just stuck out to me so much. I love how they don’t sugar coat anything or try to just imply things. It’s very straightforward to the point that it’s actually painful to hear. The things she said will resonate with so many hurt and lost souls 💔💔 ughhhhh

Then I was just watching the Sweden ep and when Lukas’ is taking her photo with the voice over of Connell’s email. It’s like she’s re-reading it over in her head, as she’s sat there in his studio and realising that she doesn’t deserve it. When he says that she is a good person, that nothing is wrong with her and that just because people treat her badly doesn’t mean she deserves it. Again, there are so many people in the world that need to hear those words. duck this show is outstanding.
You are not the only one. I think about this series every day. Genuinely. I can't get over it.

I binge watched over two days but had to watch on my phone because my husband is working from home. (I'm currently not working) he's just told me he's going back into the office next week so I'm binge watching it the whole day on the big TV this time 😂

I follow a couple of groups on insta where they post clips so I keep watching them and being heartbroken all over again. So seriously, you are not the only one! It's hit me hard.

@Sweetcorn feel like we need to set up a Normal People support group 😂😂

Last edited:
This was just so amazing, I need to watch it again.

But I have realised that I don't want a second series, I just want to be left wanting...……...……………..

Reactions: 3
I cannot get it out my head either. I struggled with it to begin with. Didn’t really see it’s appeal but stuck with it and from Italy onwards that was it, silent tears streamed down my face. I can relate to so many words said. I’ve said them myself. I’m now watching it for the second time and seeing and feeling things I never did to begin with. I’ve never watched anything like this before. I can’t believe how it has made me feel. It’s in my thoughts day and night. Is this normal? I’ve no idea. I don’t even know if I like thinking about it so much because although I was self aware (and knew why I do and say things I do) this has brought a whole new meaning to it. Maybe that’s because it’s like watching myself and that’s a different level of awareness. I don’t even know if any of my thoughts make sense so excuse the babbling.

As for another series I really hope they don’t. It has the huge potential to ruin it. As much as I want to know that they made it I want to know they became truly happy with themselves and not just the cliche ‘happy ending’.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I cannot get it out my head either. I struggled with it to begin with. Didn’t really see it’s appeal but stuck with it and from Italy onwards that was it, silent tears streamed down my face. I can relate to so many words said. I’ve said them myself. I’m now watching it for the second time and seeing and feeling things I never did to begin with. I’ve never watched anything like this before. I can’t believe how it has made me feel. It’s in my thoughts day and night. Is this normal? I’ve no idea. I don’t even know if I like thinking about it so much because although I was self aware (and knew why I do and say things I do) this has brought a whole new meaning to it. Maybe that’s because it’s like watching myself and that’s a different level of awareness. I don’t even know if any of my thoughts make sense so excuse the babbling.

As for another series I really hope they don’t. It has the huge potential to ruin it. As much as I want to know that they made it I want to know they became truly happy with themselves and not just the cliche ‘happy ending’.
Yep, I hear ya 😩 in my thoughts day and night too. I keep trying to not think about it and then a scene will pop into my head! And then I feel all the feelings again. It has affected me like no other series has.

Absolutely agree - there is something about it that resonates with a lot of people, in such different ways.

Desperately trying to find something else to watch now, nothing is as gripping!

Ohhhh I love you guys ❤ So glad I’m not alone. I find myself sitting here thinking ‘how will I ever get over this’ 😂😂 wtf!! It’s not bleeping real 🤦🏼‍♀️ I feel ridiculous. Honestly since I first watched it, I haven’t watched or read anything else. It just feels wrong to. I used to watch friends daily and I watched it to fall asleep but since watching the show I haven’t watched it once. Even when going to sleep (after watching normal people) I think ‘well I can’t watch friends now after seeing that’ So I just lie there thinking about it till I fall asleep. I’ve totally noticed my appetite has changed as well, I genuinely feel heartbroken 😂

I know it’s not real (really I do, I promise 😂) but I think it’s the fact that it just feels so real. It’s real issues and challenges that people feel so I find myself feeling so sad at the thought of people actually feeling that way and experiencing that kind of pain. I think re watching it actually really enhances your overall understanding of the show. Like I’ve already said, each time something else sticks out. But having known where the story goes it enables you to see their motives when you re-watch and when you watch a scene, knowing what you know, knowing what’s to come, it’s just hits you all over again. I also just keep relating it to a relationship I had so that makes it so much worse.

@Juniperbug Yessssss! I actually think I need a Normal People support group. I need to talk to someone 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Sweetcorn I totally get it. I've noticed that I've lost my appetite too which is just bleeping ridiculous 😂 I am genuinely asking myself if I'm ever going to get over it or stop thinking about it. The day after watching my husband asked me if I was OK because I was so absent and felt so low! It's madness! I'll be thinking of something completely different and then ahh there we go Connell and Marianne in my head again.

@Globe go for it. 4th time or 40th time, we won't judge 😝

Reactions: 2
One of these programmes you can watch over and over again and never get bored of it, Their chemistry is absolutely incredible and their love seems so real, Literally want them too be together in real life omg, I have nothing negative to say about the show at all, One of them shows where I cried and smiled all the way through

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Apparently this short story prompted the author to write normal people in the first place 😊

• Heart
One of these programmes you can watch over and over again and never get bored of it, Their chemistry is absolutely incredible and their love seems so real, Literally want them too be together in real life omg, I have nothing negative to say about the show at all, One of them shows where I cried and smiled all the way through
I think it would be great if they were together. From watching interviews with them both, in my opinion, you can see Paul Mescal is really fond of Daisy Edgar-Jones. Of course they are friends but he seems very affectionate with her and sort of hangs off her words. She is in a relationship but he isn't. Think he'd deffo try his luck though if she wasn't. Just the feeling I get when I've seen them in interviews.

Reactions: 1
I think it would be great if they were together. From watching interviews with them both, in my opinion, you can see Paul Mescal is really fond of Daisy Edgar-Jones. Of course they are friends but he seems very affectionate with her and sort of hangs off her words. She is in a relationship but he isn't. Think he'd deffo try his luck though if she wasn't. Just the feeling I get when I've seen them in interviews.
Same - I think he seems so sweet irl

Reactions: 1
If you guys like Paul I highly recommend listening to the I’m Grand Mam Podcast he did. It’s over an hour long and he does role playing as Connell and reads thirst tweets (don’t we all love a thirst tweet). I was honestly cackling the whole way through. I actually re listened to it again today because it’s just so enjoyable and funny. He also talks about how he was on Tinder and Hinge up until the day before Normal People was released!! Imagine realising you matched with him 😂😂 Absolute madness.

• Haha
If you guys like Paul I highly recommend listening to the I’m Grand Mam Podcast he did. It’s over an hour long and he does role playing as Connell and reads thirst tweets (don’t we all love a thirst tweet). I was honestly cackling the whole way through. I actually re listened to it again today because it’s just so enjoyable and funny. He also talks about how he was on Tinder and Hinge up until the day before Normal People was released!! Imagine realising you matched with him 😂😂 Absolute madness.
Omg I listened to this last night, it was great! He seems like he's got a lovely personality. When he said he wanted to get married and settle down and then he also said in lockdown he was missing love and intimacy 🤪 swoon.

Loved the thirst tweets. 'Break my back like a glow stick' jesus christ 🤣

Also liked the Graham Norton show when they read out some tweets.

When he does interviews he always touches his lips or ears or face in general and it's so cute, a sign of nervousness.

If I wasn't married I'd probs be trying to slide into his dms 😂

Also watched him to do an insta live yesterday for a charity thing and he kept biting his lip. Say no more. OK I'm done

(BTW I'm not much older than him so this is not weird 😝)

Last edited:
Omg I listened to this last night, it was great! He seems like he's got a lovely personality. When he said he wanted to get married and settle down and then he also said in lockdown he was missing love and intimacy 🤪 swoon.

Loved the thirst tweets. 'Break my back like a glow stick' jesus christ 🤣

Also liked the Graham Norton show when they read out some tweets.

When he does interviews he always touches his lips or ears or face in general and it's so cute, a sign of nervousness.

If I wasn't married I'd probs be trying to slide into his dms 😂

Also watched him to do an insta live yesterday for a charity thing and he kept biting his lip. Say no more. OK I'm done

(BTW I'm not much older than him so this is not weird 😝)
I’ve got a proper crush on him at the moment - he’s making me feel like a teenage girl again! My husband is delighted because he’s reaping the benefits 😆

Reactions: 2
I’ve got a proper crush on him at the moment - he’s making me feel like a teenage girl again! My husband is delighted because he’s reaping the benefits 😆
Oh god me too, he's so gorgeous 😭 husband also delighted over here! Hahaha

Do you follow him on insta? He put a story up of him and a friend on houseparty app and I just thought I'd really like to see you lying on your balcony right now 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha