Normal People

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The authors previous book 'conversations with friends' is also going to be made into a tv drama but I haven't read that one.

Reactions: 2
The new episodes are just for Comic Relief so I imagine that it won’t be anything serious? Probably more a comedy sketch? It probably won’t actually be what the creators really imagine happen to Marianne and Connell later in life, just some light hearted entertainment. Someone who is involved in the production of Comic Relief said it is better then anything they have ever made before so we’ll see 😁

Yes I wouldn’t worry too much, are people not familiar with comic relief ? If you’re not from the UK it’s an annual charity telethon sort of thing on the BBC and raises money for a bunch of different causes. They always do parody versions of the big BBC shows of the moment- often Doctor who , eastenders . (popular BBC soap) etc but they’re just five minute skits which the actors do to lend their hand to a good cause. Usually taking the piss out of themselves and or the show but not exactly to be considered ‘canon’ or taken seriously

Yes I wouldn’t worry too much, are people not familiar with comic relief ? If you’re not from the UK it’s an annual charity telethon sort of thing on the BBC and raises money for a bunch of different causes. They always do parody versions of the big BBC shows of the moment- often Doctor who , eastenders . (popular BBC soap) etc but they’re just five minute skits which the actors do to lend their hand to a good cause. Usually taking the piss out of themselves and or the show but not exactly to be considered ‘canon’ or taken seriously
When i posted about this I just assumed people would realise it was jokey because I mentioned Comic Relief but I forgot not everyone will be aware of what Comic Relief entails but the 'comic' gives it away somewhat!

Reactions: 1
Ha! Loved the confession scene with Connell and Marianne and the Priest from Fleabag! 👌
I loved it too! I was pissing myself when she pulled out the chain 😂. The singing was also funny, how the hot priest just burst out into it. But then it got actually quite moving, especially when the gentle music started in the background and they all were just sat there really feeling the song. How do they do it? Lighthearted and funny but emotional and moving all in equal measure.

bumping this thread as i'm rewatching it... hurts even more than the first time :')

Reactions: 11
I know I’m late the the party here but

I thought this was a pile of crap. Really do not get the hype. Hated her fake Irish accent. Hated the fact that two people who were clearly in their late 20s were supposed to be playing 17 or 18 year old teenagers. Didn’t feel any chemistry at all between the two of them. His asking is wooden as all hell. It was depressing, slow, and lacked any punch or spark. I only kept watching to see if it ever eventually turned a corner and became good….. it didn’t.

Reactions: 6
I know I’m late the the party here but

I thought this was a pile of crap. Really do not get the hype. Hated her fake Irish accent. Hated the fact that two people who were clearly in their late 20s were supposed to be playing 17 or 18 year old teenagers. Didn’t feel any chemistry at all between the two of them. His asking is wooden as all hell. It was depressing, slow, and lacked any punch or spark. I only kept watching to see if it ever eventually turned a corner and became good….. it didn’t.
You’re very late to the party!

They weren’t in their late 20’s when they filmed it. She was 22, he was 24.

I thought her Irish accent was good. My parents are Irish and I was impressed with her accent.

I thought they had amazing chemistry and his acting was great.

The book I didn’t like but the series I thought was well done.

You’re very late to the party!

They weren’t in their late 20’s when they filmed it. She was 22, he was 24.

I thought her Irish accent was good. My parents are Irish and I was impressed with her accent.

I thought they had amazing chemistry and his acting was great.

The book I didn’t like but the series I thought was well done.
To be fair I watched it during the first lockdown, but I was reminded of it today when I saw an article about it online. It just reminded me how tit I thought it was!!!!

To be fair I watched it during the first lockdown, but I was reminded of it today when I saw an article about it online. It just reminded me how tit I thought it was!!!!
Have you read the book?
I absolutely hated the book with a passion. What a colossal drip Marianne was and how all the boys secretly fancied her because she was so small, quirky and frail. Not like other girls 🙄 Barf.
So not sure why I watched the programme tbh 😂 But I did and really liked it. Maybe it was just compared to the awful book - Marianne wasn't so drippy and I thought it made more sense.

Reactions: 5
Have you read the book?
I absolutely hated the book with a passion. What a colossal drip Marianne was and how all the boys secretly fancied her because she was so small, quirky and frail. Not like other girls 🙄 Barf.
So not sure why I watched the programme tbh 😂 But I did and really liked it. Maybe it was just compared to the awful book - Marianne wasn't so drippy and I thought it made more sense.
Nah haven’t read the book. It’s not my cup of tea. I only watched the show because it was lockdown, I had watched everything else and I kept hearing people raving about it.

I watched this at the time but it’s one show I never ever want to revisit as it just reminds me of that first lockdown so much . Along with captain Tom and baking cakes

• Haha