Normal People

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read the book on holiday a few years ago, I hated it 🤦🏻‍♀️ Maybe I’ll give the series a go after reading this thread 🙂

Reactions: 1
I read the book on holiday a few years ago, I hated it 🤦🏻‍♀️ Maybe I’ll give the series a go after reading this thread 🙂
I just hated how she wrote the book with no quotation marks etc! I much preferred the series. Sally Rooney helped write the script for the first 6 episodes alongside Alice Birch then Alice wrote the remaining episodes. I know the actress who played Marianne said Sally Rooney didn't want them to make Marianne too appealing to the audience as in the book she's not that nice a character but I think they failed at that as Marianne in the series comes across a lot nicer and you do end up feeling sorry for her!

Reactions: 1
I just didn’t feel any chemistry between the pair of them whatsoever. There was no sexual spark - no energy. It was just….. dull.

Reactions: 3
I thought that they did have chemistry and that this showed off screen too. I loved it!

Reactions: 2
I thought that they did have chemistry and that this showed off screen too. I loved it!
Definitely! I wanted them to get together in real life when she split with her boyfriend but now he’s with Phoebe Bridgers!

Reactions: 4
It surprises me when people don’t see the chemistry. I found their intense connection palpable.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8