Normal People

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god me too, he's so gorgeous 😭 husband also delighted over here!

Do you follow him on insta? He put a story up of him and a friend on houseparty app and I just thought I'd really like to see you lying on your balcony right now 😂
Glad it’s not just me! Yes I do follow him, I think part of the attraction is he seems really normal and down to earth 😊

Reactions: 2
Glad it’s not just me! Yes I do follow him, I think part of the attraction is he seems really normal and down to earth 😊
Yes definitely, a normal lad. I almost don't want him to be in anything else though, please just stay as Connell forever haha.

Reactions: 3
Omg I listened to this last night, it was great! He seems like he's got a lovely personality. When he said he wanted to get married and settle down and then he also said in lockdown he was missing love and intimacy 🤪 swoon.

Loved the thirst tweets. 'Break my back like a glow stick' jesus christ 🤣

Also liked the Graham Norton show when they read out some tweets.

When he does interviews he always touches his lips or ears or face in general and it's so cute, a sign of nervousness.

If I wasn't married I'd probs be trying to slide into his dms 😂

Also watched him to do an insta live yesterday for a charity thing and he kept biting his lip. Say no more. OK I'm done

(BTW I'm not much older than him so this is not weird 😝)
The guys that interviewed him were so lovely. I could so feel the love! Paul genuinely seemed to really enjoy speaking to them, saying he couldn’t wait to hit the gay bars with them once lockdown is over 😂 And talking about how he thought his neighbours were ‘flat out riding’. And talking about him being horny 😂😂😂. Don’t think I’ve laughed at a podcast more than that one. I imagine it is a bit daunting for him that suddenly so many girls are so ‘in love’ with him. There’s fan Instagram accounts for him and everything. On the podcast when he said ‘Just for the record, I. Am. Not. Connell.’ Lmao feel for the guy. When he was on the radio with Nick Grimshaw and Nick brought on a girl who fully admitted to stalking who Paul follows on Instagram so she could see what his ‘type’ is 🤦🏼‍♀️ He was like *nervous laugh* 😳😳. He’s so polite but must be thinking ‘duck me, these people are crazy’. I think isolation is the safest place for him right now 😂

I was also dying watching them on James’s Cordon when they were doing random segments from tv shows but making them lusty. I was honestly crying it’s so funny. They can switch to being so serious about ridiculous stuff at the drop of a hat. ‘Why are you serving canned crab?’ ‘Fresh crab is hard to get’ 😂😂

I’m his age (and single 🤪), I would slide into his DMs if I thought he would actually see it 😂 I bet he’s getting thousands a day. Ahhh we can all dream 😍

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The guys that interviewed him were so lovely. I could so feel the love! Paul genuinely seemed to really enjoy speaking to them, saying he couldn’t wait to hit the gay bars with them once lockdown is over 😂 And talking about how he thought his neighbours were ‘flat out riding’. And talking about him being horny 😂😂😂. Don’t think I’ve laughed at a podcast more than that one. I imagine it is a bit daunting for him that suddenly so many girls are so ‘in love’ with him. There’s fan Instagram accounts for him and everything. On the podcast when he said ‘Just for the record, I. Am. Not. Connell.’ Lmao feel for the guy. When he was on the radio with Nick Grimshaw and Nick brought on a girl who fully admitted to stalking who Paul follows on Instagram so she could see what his ‘type’ is 🤦🏼‍♀️ He was like *nervous laugh* 😳😳. He’s so polite but must be thinking ‘duck me, these people are crazy’. I think isolation is the safest place for him right now 😂

I was also dying watching them on James’s Cordon when they were doing random segments from tv shows but making them lusty. I was honestly crying it’s so funny. They can switch to being so serious about ridiculous stuff at the drop of a hat. ‘Why are you serving canned crab?’ ‘Fresh crab is hard to get’ 😂😂

I’m his age (and single 🤪), I would slide into his DMs if I thought he would actually see it 😂 I bet he’s getting thousands a day. Ahhh we can all dream 😍
Yes hahaha when he said they were flat out riding and it was only 8pm! So funny. Yes I laughed when they said he's horny and he said that's come and gone 😂 the Nick Grimshaw interview was funny, saying she had looked at jobs and flats in Dublin. He was mortified! It cracked me up. She was about ready to get his number off him 😂 also he said he lived in East London anyway so would be a wasted trip!

It must be so weird being in isolation and being catapulted to fame overnight. He'll need security when he goes out again!

I'm 26 so not much older. But I am married haha. Not that I'd be in with a chance anyway but yep we can dream 😂😂 he'll find it hard to find a girlfriend now though!

• Haha
So I had a thought (and this applies for all tv and movie I guess). How on earth does he not get turned on during all the sex scenes 🍆? Even though it’s not ‘real’ but honestly guys get turned on at the drop of a hat. I mean in the show they were fully naked and all over each other (thumb sucking included!! 🤣). Would be even worse if the two people actually had feelings for each other too 🙈 Does he really not get turned on? If so, man’s got skills 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So I had a thought (and this applies for all tv and movie I guess). How on earth does he not get turned on during all the sex scenes 🍆? Even though it’s not ‘real’ but honestly guys get turned on at the drop of a hat. I mean in the show they were fully naked and all over each other (thumb sucking included!! 🤣). Would be even worse if the two people actually had feelings for each other too 🙈 Does he really not get turned on? If so, man’s got skills 😂

I don’t think he’ll get turned on with the Director and camera operators and lighting operators in the room with them!

He’s also said for the sex scene in episode 11 they were covered in fake sweat so when they got into position and started moving on top of her the fake sweat made a farting sound![/QUOTE]

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone read the book? Would you recommend it? I haven’t read it, but I have seen the show and did enjoy it. Would reading the book now be affected/spoiled by the fact I have watched the show first? Tia!

Reactions: 1
Has anyone read the book? Would you recommend it? I haven’t read it, but I have seen the show and did enjoy it. Would reading the book now be affected/spoiled by the fact I have watched the show first? Tia!
If you read through the thread you will see the book mentioned a lot and people’s views on it. Personally, I didn’t enjoy how the book is written as it has no speech marks for who is talking so I found it very odd but the book is more or less similar to the tv plot.

Reactions: 1
I was the same as you, unsure whether to read it after falling in love with the series.

I am reading it right now and don't regret starting it, but it is a disappointment compared to the series. It goes into more depth on some of the storylines, e.g Marianne's family issues. But nothing that isn't mentioned in the series.

I think if I had read the book first I would have enjoyed it but it is hard to watch the series and then read the book because you've already been given the characters. I loved the series so much that the book feels a bit mediocre.

This show made me so emotional lol thought of all my past relationship experiences whilst watching

Reactions: 4
I loved this, I found the scene where her mother walked past her on the street heartbreaking. Why was she blamed for her brothers behaviour?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ve just finished watching. I’m 45 years old and I’m upstairs Sobbing on my bed, I’m entirely broken. I’d have gone with him in a heartbeat but I entirely understand why she didn’t, for the first time ever she felt content in her own self.
best acting I’ve ever seen.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just finished the whole series in two nights 🙈 It started quite slow and at first wasn’t sure I was going to like it. My partner lost Interest at ep.5 but I carried on and must say I really loved it. Connoll is just adorable 😍 never seen him before but have seen her in cold feet, she is one of David and Karen’s daughter’s. In parts I actually felt butterflies in my tummy, that feeling when you fall in love. I’m happily together with my partner and two kids but there really is no better feeling than that early stage. The closest feeling I get to that feeling now is when he suggests a take away curry for dinner 😛

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Rubbish, its just shagging, everyone knows what happens but who wants to see all that! The lead male is also too old for the role, he could never pass for 18, he looks nearer 30. Its absolute crap, if it went any slower it would go backwards.
I’m trying with it but don’t get the hype. I don’t care about any of the characters and yeah, he looks too old for the role. It’s just...dull.

Did anyone see the article yesterday about a a Normal People special for Comic relief that will show them 40 years later?!

• Heart
  • Wow