Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm pretty sure she was in Kidulthood right?
Having re-read the Guardian article, I'm convinced she's "Mel".

Have you even read the Guardian article?
His career is absolutely over. There's no coming back from this whatsoever.
Yes I have. It was more sky’s immediate action on the back of the allegations as opposed to the BAFTAs who still went ahead with his award.

Reactions: 5
Ashley has just released this statement. I feel sorry for him, Noels actions affect his career too now. Bulletproof was flying, it’ll be over now.
Well done to him for speaking out - I noticed that the cast have largely been silent on the matter besides him now and someone else I saw tagged in a photo (idk who the guy plays).

Reactions: 9
Ashley has just released this statement. I feel sorry for him, Noels actions affect his career too now. Bulletproof was flying, it’ll be over now.
I feel so sorry for Ashley too. Luckily he has other projects like the new series of Top Boy (can’t wait) but it must be such a huge blow for him. That was the perfect statement to release though and I’m glad he’s spoken.

Reactions: 27
It’s strange how some can go under the radar like old David Wallibrains who’s camp pretences masks his alleged lewd behaviour.

I think it’s clear NC is finished in the industry.
I had a conversation with a wannabe actor about David Walliams and how I wouldn't be surprised if any serious allegations came out about him, at first he was shocked then he remembered an incident at a show when apparently DW took a 14 year old boy out of the audience and then pretended to hump him for laughs. Part of the problem is with shows like BGT where there is an element of humiliation played for laughs. Slightly different to this case but it shows how people can be unaware of things even when done in front of their faces

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
I had a conversation with a wannabe actor about David Walliams and how I wouldn't be surprised if any serious allegations came out about him, at first he was shocked then he remembered an incident at a show when apparently DW took a 14 year old boy out of the audience and then pretended to hump him for laughs. Part of the problem is with shows like BGT where there is an element of humiliation played for laughs. Slightly different to this case but it shows how people can be unaware of things even when done in front of their faces
Walliams seems to have floated under the radar for far too long. It would not be a surprise to me at all if allegations against him come out in the future.

Reactions: 27
Sorry may have already been posted but has anyone got Noel's response and statement?
I saw it this morning on ITV and was like you're sooo guilty.

Firstly it deflected and started with how great he is because he's brought in diversity blah blah blah.

Then ended with something like I never intended to upset people ....so covering his back when all the evidence comes out. If you're not guilty you categorically say it isn't true but here you have a statement that talks about his achievements and then says sorry if you feel that way.

For me thats enough, he's guilty

Reactions: 18
One thing I can’t see, is the police now involved? Being exposed in the media is one thing, but surely charges would need to be brought about some of his alleged activity?

Reactions: 7
One thing I can’t see, is the police now involved? Being exposed in the media is one thing, but surely charges would need to be brought about some of his alleged activity?
It might be a 2 pronged attack from the guardian and their sources and them going to the police 🤷
One thing's for sure the guardian put the article out post BAFTAs and the week he's on prime time TV and who can blame them.

Horrible, dirty little man

Reactions: 11
Here’s what I don’t understand, all these people coming forward saying this has been known information for years... why did no one ever speak up about this, they all turned a blind eye and let him abuse more and more people!

Reactions: 3
Here’s what I don’t understand, all these people coming forward saying this has been known information for years... why did no one ever speak up about this, they all turned a blind eye and let him abuse more and more people!
Oy from my own experience. People have to be really careful as they fear losing their jobs, reputation, careers.
I took someone from work after I was sexually assaulted. He had a long list of allegations and was found guilty by work and told. Off
Everyone knows but we are helpless

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Bafta are saying that after it was announced at the end of March that he was getting an award, they began to get emails from anonymous accounts about NC. Because they were anonymous they had no way of verifying them so went ahead with the award. And because they went ahead more people came out the woodwork via the Guardian, and only now have they reacted because people are putting their names to the accusations.

Oy from my own experience. People have to be really careful as they fear losing their jobs, reputation, careers.
I took someone from work after I was sexually assaulted. He had a long list of allegations and was found guilty by work and told. Off
Everyone knows but we are helpless
Especially if you are starting out in your career too. You don’t want to rock the boat against somebody more powerful than yourself. It could kill your career stone dead. It’s always about power. When the Weinstein stuff was emerging I was listening to a radio show where a medical student rang in and said they witnessed a consultant doing something but felt powerless to report it. The consultant was God, and the med student was at the very beginning of their career, and reporting them would have started their career off on the wrong foot, or have serious repercussions for them, rather than the consultant. So whilst it went against their own personal code, they did nothing. It goes on in ever industry, and not always sexual. And if they are just merely given a ticking off, or they are believed over the accuser, it would give you pause for thought if you were in the same situation.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
You cannot say why did it take so long.

People are scared, worried, anxious. Why did it take so long for Weinstein to be over uncovered?

Its people in positions of power using that to try and keep victims silenced.

Ashleys statement is bang on. 'Back your bro' disgusting!!!!

Reactions: 31
The statement Ashley Walters made was spot on.

In contrast, Clarke’s business partner Jason Maza was helping Clarke to try and silence women. Ringing round them to intimidate them. He’s a disgrace as well and is also likely finished in the industry.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
John Barrowman and Noel Clarke's behaviour is disgusting but those who allowed this behaviour to happen are culpable too. Doctor Who was early in Clarke's career, him seeing JB behave this way without consequence tells him that it is just 'banter', and thus a new cycle begins where his own behaviour crosses the line.
That Doctor Who production in Cardiff has been reported as a miserable and highly cliquey place to work from 2005 onwards. The way people down the ranks were treated onset by producers was a large part of why Chris Ecclestone left the job after one (successful) season.

The stuff about Barrowman exposing himself has been out for YEARS. I think for some reason it was supposed to be viewed as Not a Problem because Barrowman is gay (which is insane) and at one point, seemed to be the darling of the industry. His mug was everywhere for a while, thankfully not so much anymore, could never stand the smug twit or his stupid character.

We all know Clarke is not the first person in the industry to behave as he's done, using a small amount of power to start harrassing women, expecting sex, abusing his power and screaming abuse at underlings and so on. That tit has been going on since celluloid was invented. It really does speak in many ways to the fact that his behavior was likely learned from watching other men higher up the ranks get away with similar shite and simply thinking 'my turn' when he got a but further up the ladder himself. In other words, it's certainly a Noel Clarke problem in the microcosm but it's also a wider cultural problem in the entertainment industry. It's just an endless cycle of people getting away with horrible tit for years, decades, until an expose happens, people finally stop being scared to speak up, and then its viewed as a PR problem to clean up, rather than any real cultural change happening. Barrowman being able to run around exposing himself in a BBC workplace with zero repercussions - in fact having the story told as as example of how much fun he is and how awesome don't dare you argue you funkiller - fifteen years ago illustrates that.

• Heart
Reactions: 30