Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A colleague at my work got me in a corner when it was very quiet..it was 9am. He knew there was no CCTV. He grabbed me and rubbed himself up against me. It was shocking and made me feel sick.
I immediately went up to my office where 2 of my colleagues were. They asked if I was ok cos I looked unwell. I said I think I've just been groped/touched and my colleague said I bet I know who that is. Both colleagues without discussing it knew the man.
Everyone in my organisation knows of this man. He has a list of allegations as long as his arm. He's had women officially complain about him.
He then sort me out a few days later to intimidate me.
I decided to complain and make an official complaint. I went through all the channel, there was a hearing at work etc
And the outcome well firstly after the initial fake praise of well done you're so brave I heard duck all. I had to chase them!
The upshot: we know he's done it but our hands are tied.
This man is not allowed in certain parts of the building because women are on their own.
Like wtf you have a staff member who is so dangerous he's not allowed places and still my business don't see the issue.
Oh and I was told by my company I should try counselling ....like I'm the problem
Are you in a union?

Reactions: 7
A colleague at my work got me in a corner when it was very quiet..it was 9am. He knew there was no CCTV. He grabbed me and rubbed himself up against me. It was shocking and made me feel sick.
I immediately went up to my office where 2 of my colleagues were. They asked if I was ok cos I looked unwell. I said I think I've just been groped/touched and my colleague said I bet I know who that is. Both colleagues without discussing it knew the man.
Everyone in my organisation knows of this man. He has a list of allegations as long as his arm. He's had women officially complain about him.
He then sort me out a few days later to intimidate me.
I decided to complain and make an official complaint. I went through all the channel, there was a hearing at work etc
And the outcome well firstly after the initial fake praise of well done you're so brave I heard duck all. I had to chase them!
The upshot: we know he's done it but our hands are tied.
This man is not allowed in certain parts of the building because women are on their own.
Like wtf you have a staff member who is so dangerous he's not allowed places and still my business don't see the issue.
Oh and I was told by my company I should try counselling ....like I'm the problem
I‘d report him to the police next time and encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: 23
It’s harder to Speak out in the UK as the libel laws make it diffcuit for newspapers. Clarke has been brought down because written evidence exists. Without that I am not even sure with 20 statements they would have been able to run it.

Also unless The police get involved will any offical body find him guilty or prove the allegations. Without that a lot of people will always say he is innocent. I know people who don’t fully believe that Savile was a monster as he was never found guilty by a jury.

Reactions: 13
Sadly not in a union. I learnt my lesson there.
He's disgusting and I still have to pass him and get emails from him.
It took me a year or so to get over shaking when I thought or saw him. I'd burst into tears at home.
To know this man has a vile reputation and is still employed and protected is the most upsetting part.
I've said he's dangerous, I've said he will do this again and it will be worse next time.
I'm so bleeping angry now I nearly confronted him at work because he'd come to our area of work where he's banned.
It took everything I had not to chase him and tell him in front of everyone that he is banned because he's a predator
Hence HR saying I need counselling to manage my emotions.😧

I consider myself pretty tough and it took everything to make the complaint and go through the procedures and it nearly broke me.
I absolutely and totally see how these men get away with it.
And it won't just be 20 women. You can easily times that by 3 or 4. I'd say it's rare to come forward because it's such a complex situation and there are limited help in place for these situations.

Maybe I will go to the police ,just to chat to them

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
The fact he is banned from your area of work without actually dealing with the problem properly is disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Sadly not in a union. I learnt my lesson there.
He's disgusting and I still have to pass him and get emails from him.
It took me a year or so to get over shaking when I thought or saw him. I'd burst into tears at home.
To know this man has a vile reputation and is still employed and protected is the most upsetting part.
I've said he's dangerous, I've said he will do this again and it will be worse next time.
I'm so bleeping angry now I nearly confronted him at work because he'd come to our area of work where he's banned.
It took everything I had not to chase him and tell him in front of everyone that he is banned because he's a predator
Hence HR saying I need counselling to manage my emotions.😧

I consider myself pretty tough and it took everything to make the complaint and go through the procedures and it nearly broke me.
I absolutely and totally see how these men get away with it.
And it won't just be 20 women. You can easily times that by 3 or 4. I'd say it's rare to come forward because it's such a complex situation and there are limited help in place for these situations.

Maybe I will go to the police ,just to chat to them
Go to the police and start a paper trail there. You already have a paper trail, a record of the assaults at the company to show you are not pulling the allegation out of your arse. Police involvement is the one thing that may light a fire under their arse. That, or some form of legal action. They have created a hostile work environment by definition. I would use those three words, and stand your ground. A hostile work environment created by your employer by tolerating sexual assault of women, implying YOU are the problem, and by allowing this man to not only remain in the workplace, but to encroach on your territory against orders.

What that man did and has been doing to other women is sexual assault. Groping and unwanted touching for the purpose of his own sexual gratification is sexual assault. It's sexual assault whether it happens in a workplace or in a nightclub or in the street or on public transport. If he touches you again, please go straight to the police first and say you have been assaulted. Then report to your idiot slackjawed managers and HR, whatever, advising them that you have made a police report. Take the absolute aggressive on this, and they will back down, a lot of employers are very good at doing absolutely duck all and implying you should do the same unless there is a legal threat to them. You don't need to scream or shout, but do not play nicey nice or cooperate in any way that diminishes what happened to you. I advise this in all workplaces, colleges etc. If someone acts unlawfully, criminally, report to the police, who are there for that purpose. Workplaces and colleges not only usually lack the training and ability to deal with such issues properly (in fact many people in HR and management are bleeping thick), they tend to want to sweep them under the rug for their own institution's reputation.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Reactions: 17
Be interested to know why he had men scared as well. The article offers no insight into that though.
At a guess it was witnessed but the threat of no work or a racism accusation kept the witnesses quiet too

Reactions: 16
Go to the police and start a paper trail there. You already have a paper trail, a record of the assaults at the company to show you are not pulling the allegation out of your arse. Police involvement is the one thing that may light a fire under their arse. That, or some form of legal action. They have created a hostile work environment by definition. I would use those three words, and stand your ground. A hostile work environment created by your employer by tolerating sexual assault of women, implying YOU are the problem, and by allowing this man to not only remain in the workplace, but to encroach on your territory against orders.

What that man did and has been doing to other women is sexual assault. Groping and unwanted touching for the purpose of his own sexual gratification is sexual assault. It's sexual assault whether it happens in a workplace or in a nightclub or in the street or on public transport. If he touches you again, please go straight to the police first and say you have been assaulted. Then report to your idiot slackjawed managers and HR, whatever, advising them that you have made a police report. Take the absolute aggressive on this, and they will back down, a lot of employers are very good at doing absolutely duck all and implying you should do the same unless there is a legal threat to them. You don't need to scream or shout, but do not play nicey nice or cooperate in any way that diminishes what happened to you. I advise this in all workplaces, colleges etc. If someone acts unlawfully, criminally, report to the police, who are there for that purpose. Workplaces and colleges not only usually lack the training and ability to deal with such issues properly (in fact many people in HR and management are bleeping thick), they tend to want to sweep them under the rug for their own institution's reputation.
You are absolutely right. It boils my blood. I've stepped back from it now, for the time being because the stress of having to deal with the whole thing is exhausting.
I'm open at work and my friends and I will openly chat to anyone who listens especially other women , some have come to me to chat about their own experiences of this man.
HR have not yet warned me that I can't speak openly so I will continue.
I had a very frank conversation with top person/director of HR of our company and it was all you're so brave and strong.
I told her to cut it right out and stop congratulating herself and her team for doing duck all.
Apparently they're working on a new policy and asked if she could use my feedback and said don't worry I won't give your name.
I was like look luv use my name and expose me as much as you want I have nothing to be ashamed of.

The work for one of the biggest businesses in the UK who pride themselves on being left wing and liberal.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I don't understand how so many are saying they always thought he was a nice guy. Literally every interview I've seen him in he comes across as incredibly arrogant and disrespectful.

I think to give BAFTA the benefit of the doubt, it seems like they were simply told there were some allegations and no further details were given. I'm not sure they had enough information to cut him off at that time.

Didn't he always refer to his wife as his "vagina at home"?
He’s MARRIED?? It didn’t occur to me he’d be married. There’s only one c*nt in that marriage and I don’t think it’s her

Reactions: 11
God. People are now comparing it to Caroline Flack and saying the media and Twitter‘s are again launching a lynch mob.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 10