Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20 different people, from production to those acting alongside him, have made allegations against him. One or two, you might think there is a chance of misunderstandings. But 20 people? Are the police involved?
Very telling that many victims are female co-producers.

You can predict the tiresome old preying on lowly young actresses from industry sleazes, but it says even more about his poor character that he needed to harrass and demean women in an equal position to him behind the cameras. Bum smacking, erect dick pics, sexual put downs, 'duck and fire' ... sounds like old Noel has a real chip on his shoulder about women in general, needing to put them in their place as sexual objects at every opportunity. The again reading his old interviews he's got a chip on his shoulder about a lot of stuff.

The bullying stuff doesn’t surprise me, I know someone (male) who’s worked with him who said he was a nasty piece of work.
Ooh, any details? Mate of mine was checking twitter and said a fair few people are saying they heard these stories about his behavior years ago. Typical industry, never stops until it goes public and becomes a PR disaster. Image is really the only thing they give a tit about.

quote]People who have worked with Clarke describe him as someone who will use his power as a director, writer and producer to target female co-stars and crew, sometimes – they allege – introducing himself to female colleagues by telling them he is a sex addict. Clarke’s lawyers dispute the characterisation of their client as a powerful figure in the industry, saying he worked his way up in the industry and was never in a position of complete autonomy and authority.

The actor and screenwriter Jing Lusi, who has starred in Crazy Rich Asians and Gangs of London, worked with Clarke on the film SAS: Red Notice, shot in Budapest in 2018. Clarke invited Lusi for dinner on 27 November 2018. During the meal, Clarke summoned the waiter for the cheque before Lusi had finished eating. She asked what the hurry was. According to Lusi, Clarke said that he wanted them to go to his place to have sex. She recalls laughing in disbelief. “He said he couldn’t help it: ‘It’s how you make me feel, I just really want to,’” she says. “Really laying it on thick and grossly and quite explicitly.”

According to Lusi’s account, when she made it clear she would not have sex with Clarke, his demeanour changed. Lusi says: “After he realised that it was not going to happen, he then absolutely without any emotion [said]: ‘All right, fine, don’t tell anyone about this, yeah? ’Cause if you do, it will get back to me, I will find out.’”

The next morning, Clarke sent her an emoji of a person with their finger to their lips, which she took as an indication that she should not tell anyone about his inappropriate behaviour. But Lusi did tell friends and others how disturbed she was by the incident. A friend she contacted three days afterwards recalls: “She messaged me and said: ‘Dude I’ve been #MeTooed at work by another actor and then sworn to secrecy and threatened.’”[/quote]

Pig. This article really reminds me of Ronan Farrow's article that broke the Weinstein story in its scope. The fact so many people in-industry are willing to stick their necks out, be named, and not hide behind anonymous or vague accusations gives it a lot of credibility.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I did think there was something odd about him/not quite right when he gave his BAFTA speech...all makes sense now. They shouldn’t have still given him the award though, it’s not as if they found out that day.

I genuinely thought he was one of the good ones 😔 now I’m disgusted!!

Reactions: 18
I’m so sad, he was such a big part of my childhood in doctor Who, I really thought he was a decent man

Reactions: 15
I'm surprised it's taken so long for stuff to come up about this man. I really liked him in doctor who and I cant remember what started giving me bad vibes about him but he's always had an arrogance about him!

Reactions: 19
I actually felt sick reading the Guardian article. Great piece of journalism which avoided sensationalism, they have taken the time to put their case together so it is undoubtable rather than just lighting the touch paper.

I have championed Noel Clarke since Doctor Who. I felt he was underused in that and I enjoyed seeing his career go from strength to strength in the years that followed. Was looking forward to Viewpoint purely because he featured.

What a fool to have orchestrated the downfall of a great career all by himself. 'Mickey the Idiot' indeed.

Reactions: 32
Really disappointed to see these allegations. Huge sympathy for his victims. I thought he was better than this. He was such a champion as a black person who has done very well in the Tv/film industry that is still quite white lets be honest. He has written/produced great work. And now he has ruined his legacy by being a twit and taking advantage of women.

Reactions: 29
Having known people who worked with him, I knew he was an out and out bully but the sexual harassment stuff is just awful. I note that Barrowman is trending alongside NC so I’m hoping that people will start to see his so called “hi-jinks” of exposing himself on set as what they really are: abuse and harassment

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Another pervert using His Power over women to get what he wants from them :(

How long before Katie Price pops up to claim he tried it with her too? Trouble is that he wouldn't need to try at all with that one and everybody knows it :)

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Was so disappointed to see this, I've loved his work all the way from Doctor Who. Always heard that he was one of the good guys so to read this is sad.

Reactions: 6
She could well have been manipulated or blackmailed. Regardless, the accounts from TWENTY women about his behaviour make it clear that yes, it likely was that bad.
Exactly! people have to stay in bad situations sometimes for many reasons. Very harsh to judge the woman on that. He is the offender, not her

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Tbh I’m actually not surprised by this, he always come across with an air of arrogance about him.

Reactions: 19
His agents and manager dropped him earlier this month. Apparently BAFTA were aware that these accusations were coming, but they went ahead anyway.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
This has really surprised me, I obviously only know him through his acting and interviews but I thought he seemed like a good egg
Me too. Also thought he was one of the good guys. Very disappointed at the allegations. Hoping he gets called to account- the accusations seem large in number.

Reactions: 2
His agents and manager dropped him earlier this month. Apparently BAFTA were aware that these accusations were coming, but they went ahead anyway.
Is this what normally happens? As in somebody is accused of something and then are dropped?
his response to the claims almost seemed guilty, the way it would say he doesn’t remember making comments, shouting, making people uncomfortable etc. Maybe that’s how it’s usually addressed but it’s very easy to say I don’t remember. I found it interesting he and the Maza guy had been calling people to try and eliminate them from who was making the claims. That also seems like a guilty conscience, almost like if they got someone to admit to the claims they could silence them or threaten them into retracting their claims. It said the calls had caused upset. If somebody claimed I’d done something I wouldn’t dream of confronting them. I’d let it be dealt with in the appropriate way.

Reactions: 9
Is this what normally happens? As in somebody is accused of something and then are dropped?
his response to the claims almost seemed guilty, the way it would say he doesn’t remember making comments, shouting, making people uncomfortable etc. Maybe that’s how it’s usually addressed but it’s very easy to say I don’t remember. I found it interesting he and the Maza guy had been calling people to try and eliminate them from who was making the claims. That also seems like a guilty conscience, almost like if they got someone to admit to the claims they could silence them or threaten them into retracting their claims. It said the calls had caused upset. If somebody claimed I’d done something I wouldn’t dream of confronting them. I’d let it be dealt with in the appropriate way.
This to me is the most damning part of the piece. Clarke repeatedly claims he has no memory of the incidents in question and yet, he and his business partner knew *exactly* which women to contact in order to try and pressure them into not speaking with the journalists. So, either he remembers very well, or, his abuse is so widespread he could randomly contact any woman he has worked with on the assumption that he must have behaved inappropriately towards them at some stage

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Clip on secret gossip of Clarke discussing and demonstrating barrowmans on set behaviour - disturbing. Seeing his power trip under the guise of humour.

Reactions: 12
This was posted on the secret Celeb gossip thread, it is all over Twitter. An uncomfortable watch, both the way Clarke is making the point in a prolonged way (like he is enjoying the discomfiture of his female co-stars) and the fact that John Barrowman is allowed to do this and still be employed.

• Wow
Reactions: 10