Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I had a bad month last month. Got paid yesterday, gonna try and be restrained. Won't be a no spend month, but I'm aiming for a low spend month on non essentials.

Reactions: 2

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Maybe I misunderstood "no spend". I thought it's only spending on things like essential groceries and bills.
I think you can do it differently? I was under the impression it was like you said but some people do a certain amount of the no spend month using up food at home.

I think it depends how you want to it maybe?

I’m trying to do no spend, which for me means essential spending on groceries, rent, bills, savings, diesel. There’ll be no takeaways, no impulse purchases, no coffee every day I go to my office etc.
I’m going to try it like you. The only exception is I have a friend who’s birthday is in Oct. So I’ll buy her gift this month and set aside £30 for the day

It’s very personal isn’t it. So I would say make your own rules? I’m going to try from 25th Sept until 25th Oct.

I plan to sit down and write my why and have it somewhere I can see it - maybe even a screensaver!

So far these are things that I don’t need as I currently have too many and need/want to use them up:

• Candles
• Reeds
• Stationery
• Cleaning products (I’m bad for when something new comes out I want to try it!) Might have to ban myself from Home Bargains/B&M’s 🙈

I’m going to think of some more ☺
Maybe I misunderstood "no spend". I thought it's only spending on things like essential groceries and bills.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I'm coming to join in. Today I did buy a bundle on vinted but I know I can flip it. Does buying to sell count as essential spending or not?

Eureka

VIP Member
April was a write off for me so I'm starting over. So far besides bills and food I haven't spent anything which is great for me. My food bill is down as well as I'm trying to waste money on treats I don't need. Hoping I can continue and save a bit over the month.

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve got birthdays in April and May 😬 I’m not going to buy myself anything (apart from my hairdressers appointment, I deserve that after 3 months!). I think June will be better for me not to spend as there’s no birthdays 😂

RBN20

Chatty Member
Does anyone know how I can cancel my audible subscription? I've looked in subscriptions in the play store and in my Google account, and on the audible app. Doesn't seem to be an option!
It’s a mare to cancel, I cancelled ages ago but if I remember rightly you have to go onto the actual website. I had to google it in the end because they don’t make it easy 🙄

JSquared

VIP Member
Barring one item, I’ve only spent money on already planned events, such as a birthday meal etc so far. I have 7 birthdays in my next pay day to fund which will be interesting in keeping costs low!

Welshgal

VIP Member
I‘d love to join but due to all the bank holidays in December lots of invoices have just come in 😣

I‘ll try to not spend anything from 15.1-15.2. That‘ll give me time to figure out a budget plan for necessary things and my subscriptions. Really want to safe money for a holiday in September - should be the perfect year since I‘ll have to study non stop until June, so no spending money on „fun“ activities and will also cut back on take aways.

• Heart
There’s a lady on insta called Mrs Hawkins House and she’s doing a no spend year; she has some interesting posts up on what she considers essential spending and how to approach it, it might be helpful for those of you wanting to do no spend but struggling. I regularly toy with the idea of doing a no spend week but it never works out for me but I think that’s a complete lack of commitment on my part!
Why not start smaller like a day or two and build on that