Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Does anyone know how I can cancel my audible subscription? I've looked in subscriptions in the play store and in my Google account, and on the audible app. Doesn't seem to be an option!
Just to warn you they will bombard you with loads of offers (that I always fell for!) before you try and cancel

Reactions: 2

Keet

Chatty Member
I’ve been good so far this month, managing to use up what’s on the cupboards and the freezer and have been bringing in lunch to work. Not seeing the drastic improvement in my bank balance I hoped for but here’s hoping if I keep it up 🤞

JustmeKC

VIP Member
Honestly that's shocked me! I haven't been on the pill for years though.
I think the coil can cost over €500 as we’ve to pay for the device, as well as insertion and then removal too. If you’re on a low income you get some help.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I literally can't leave the house without treating myself to a hot chocolate/bubble tea/muffin etc. so I've been a hermit for the past two weeks. It's the only way I can resist 😂 I hope the hot chocolate and muffin were nice though, and you can still hop back on the no-spend wagon!
They were lush. Salted Pretzel Hot chocolate and Cinnamon cream cheese muffin from Starbucks

So just to let everybody know No-spend-Oct was a complete bust for me 😩

I didn't realise I'd put on some weight so needed a couple of new things for the cold weather :rolleyes:

• Sad

tspnwn

So far , not so good … bought a bundle of baby clothes for my daughter on Vinted today … bought coffee yesterday on a walk with a friend …. Gah!!!
It's ok, we can get back on the horse!! Your baby girl needs clothes, that's not a totally useless spend at all :) and a coffee won't break the bank! None of that sounds frivolous x

• Heart
Reactions: 1

rememberwayne

VIP Member
I’ve done really well so far thank you! I’ve allowed things like petrol food (although limited eating mainly what’s at home) I did do a primark shop but it was mainly basics. I went into TKMaxx the other day and simply went in and returned my things no looking around and didn’t buy anything! I will be ending mine this Friday as I started a bit earlier (March payday). I’ve realised I spend a lot money filling voids or emotions. Will keep certain aspects such as really asking myself if I need things/ clothes. are you trying it?
That is really good. Yes I am going to try it in May, see how much I save.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I know someone who had sex with his missis. Got the morning after pill. Same thing happened again - that'll be £30 for your pill please miss. 😂😂😂😂
Really? I got the morning after pill for free in boots. I was expecting to pay for it and everything, but the pharmacist took me into a room, asked me a bunch of questions and said “if I get you some water, can you take the pill now?” I assume so she knows I’m not buying it for someone else. I said yeah sure, in my mind I’m wondering, shouldn’t I pay for it first? Anyway I took it and she goes “that’s everything then” so I just walked away 😂😂😂

Amyb97

We decided in Feb to not get any takeaways and compare spending to Jan. We were shocked how much we spent and saved!
We carried it on through March as it made such a difference. Here's to April takeaway free 😂
This is a good idea. I will try this. Thanks

disneys

VIP Member
There are too many good bargains in November with Black Friday! I think I’m going to attempt low buy instead of no buy it’s more realistic for me 😂
That’s a good point . I might set some money aside for bits we need in Black Friday sale (and bits we don’t need … I want some uggs haha)

I might say first 2 weeks no spend , last 2 weeks low spend !

I think 50% of my husbands pay check goes on B&M crap at the moment , think it’s because it’s the only place open it’s just somewhere to go on a Saturday afternoon 🤣

The shops opening will be a real test for me tomorrow .. I’m meeting some other mums to go to Bluewater on Wednesday and I’m not sure how I will resist Primark ...
The queue may help you resist 😂😂😂

I’ve been good so far this month, managing to use up what’s on the cupboards and the freezer and have been bringing in lunch to work. Not seeing the drastic improvement in my bank balance I hoped for but here’s hoping if I keep it up 🤞
I thought that but when I added it all up from the previous month and compared the difference was massive. But even if you saved £100 a month that's over a grand for the year!!

rememberwayne

VIP Member
I’m about to try again and embark on a complete no spend month for the entire April 2021.

has anyone completed a no spend or low spend month, week, or even year?

I’m banning myself on buying cleaning products, food (using up all pantry, cupboard items until they’re gone and the freezer), clothing and beauty items.
How did you get on?

Keet

Chatty Member
Who else is trying again this month? I forgot my lunch on Tuesday and bought a meal deal going to try to bring lunch for the rest of the month though.

disneys

VIP Member
So far , not so good … bought a bundle of baby clothes for my daughter on Vinted today … bought coffee yesterday on a walk with a friend …. Gah!!!

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
My spending is definitely getting better. Next 2 months is pointless as I got 2 of my kids birthdays coming up.