Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Wish I'd seen this thread sooner! I will try this from 12 April - 12 May. Is there any sort of rules you need to stick to because I'll need to refuel at least 2 times in that month

Reactions: 1

TheNiceBeardMan

VIP Member
I have tried but I end up forgetting! Think I will try a no spend May.Bit then maybe not as I get my student finance then and have a Trafford Centre shopping trip planned😂 suppose I could set a budget for the trip, then the rest no spend x

Titntat

VIP Member
Ah this sounds amazing. Good luck to everyone taking part. I think if it was my on my own I'd be able to smash it. But with kids and a hubs that buys lunch and coffee every day, we've got no chance 🙄

Keet

Chatty Member
I’ve been trying to be a bit more strict with my spending but it’s a struggle isn’t it?! I’ve unsubscribed from emails that might tempt me. I’m not usually one for takeaways but my downfall is forgetting or being too lazy to make lunch to take to work. I need to get better at planning meals and my food shops as I just buy bad food and then moan about putting on weight. This last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to shop my cupboards and freezer but when I open the door there’s nothing I want to eat.

Magee

VIP Member
I’ve done really well so far thank you! I’ve allowed things like petrol food (although limited eating mainly what’s at home) I did do a primark shop but it was mainly basics. I went into TKMaxx the other day and simply went in and returned my things no looking around and didn’t buy anything! I will be ending mine this Friday as I started a bit earlier (March payday). I’ve realised I spend a lot money filling voids or emotions. Will keep certain aspects such as really asking myself if I need things/ clothes. are you trying it?
So good, well done! I love carrying over certain aspects like questioning myself before buying or using up stuff, it’s all beneficial to my purse 👛

Sp20191

VIP Member
We do it most months at the moment! I’m not getting paid (self employed hairdresser) I’m pretty tight with money anyway, my downfall is kids clothes, they seem to constantly need new clothes!

• Heart

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Morning all. Didn’t manage my nsd yesterday because I was a massive idiot and got a deliveroo delivered to work 🤦🏻‍♀️ Come on Marf, you’re better than this! I hope everyone is doing well today 😊

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I’m going to try and do a no spend month too . I spent a stupid amount of money in October on stupid shit I don’t need

I’m not going to buy anything for myself that isn’t essential : ie, no new clothes , nothing new for the house unless something breaks . No takeaways . We have two meals out planned with family & friends so I will obviously spend money on that , but no meals out otherwise . Only stuff for the littles if they NEED it … we’ll see how it goes 😅
There are too many good bargains in November with Black Friday! I think I’m going to attempt low buy instead of no buy it’s more realistic for me 😂

Zulkraa

VIP Member
I'd like to give it a go for the month of October, probably take it week by week.

Are we having any rules about what is allowed spending?
It’s very personal isn’t it. So I would say make your own rules? I’m going to try from 25th Sept until 25th Oct.

I plan to sit down and write my why and have it somewhere I can see it - maybe even a screensaver!

So far these are things that I don’t need as I currently have too many and need/want to use them up:

• Candles
• Reeds
• Stationery
• Cleaning products (I’m bad for when something new comes out I want to try it!) Might have to ban myself from Home Bargains/B&M’s 🙈

I’m going to think of some more ☺

It's my son's 17th birthday, last night he asked for an Indian Takeaway for his birthday tea 😱😱 I was going to cook. 😭😂 Devastated I am breaking my no takeaway rule! 😫

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I know someone who had sex with his missis. Got the morning after pill. Same thing happened again - that'll be £30 for your pill please miss. 😂😂😂😂

I’ll aim for no spend next month. Few things I’d like to get in January and March I’m abroad.

Let my know how others get on 😊 Especially if you have any tips

I don’t know how this is possible! I would need to buy food...
Depends on the rules you set yourself, obviously you do your essentials but you define your essentials too. And like someone else said you could do a challenge of no takeaways, or limiting those top up shops, no Uber eats or maybe when shopping not buying double up products eg bye one get one free / offers etc.

I’ve watched a couple of videos over the weekend - Lara Joanna Jarvis posts them a lot but there’s tons on YouTube.

in all honesty I don’t know if I’ll manage it/ i don’t know if I could deal with the feelings of guilt if I treat myself so I will try and work out my rules for myself🤣

For example I got paid on Friday and haven’t spent a penny except bills and savings and I deliberately didn’t leave my house but that’s also probably too extreme too because I’d want to enjoy the money I’ve earned in some small way even if it’s a mini takeaway.