Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Millyve

VIP Member
Im gonna do this for may, luckily I paid off two loans for the month of April so will be putting that money straight into savings for may onwards 🤞🏻 Along with not buying stuff for the sake of it.

Reactions: 4

tspnwn

Started off alright yesterday but already messed up today! Thought I'd get up earlier and walk to work to save money, but this backfired as I had to then withdraw a tenner for a taxi home as it was absolutely pouring 😂

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
Hows everyone doing?

I've not bought a single work day lunch so far this month. Determined to make it to the end and treat myself on the 1st 😂
I did so well last week but I cracked this week and went out to eat with some friends
😭 In Fairness it was 50% off the restaurant so Im convincing myself I saved some money 😂

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I'd say so! If you're going to buy wallpaper at some point anyway, might as well save yourself money in the long run now. Plus, if you love the wallpaper and it's going to make you happy to see it in there everyday, it's an investment in your enjoyment of your home and your home itself... although I can pretty much talk myself into buying anything!
Oh you've talked me in to it. My whole bathroom is plain white and just plain so need something to give it abit of life and colour.

• Heart

LolitaBlah

VIP Member
Oh Hi guys 👋 remember ne? yeah I did 4 of my no spend month and then

It's just 😭😭😭😭 I'm the problem it's me!

• Haha

margot44

Good for you. I find saving money is like weight loss . So easy to think f it after a bad day(s) and go on a spiral
Yes 100% 👏🏻, all or nothing mentality, I’m unfortunately guilty of both! Trying to improve though.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
And I emptied out the local bakery. Starting again tomorrow. Just gonna try my best. All I can do.

• Heart

RBN20

Chatty Member
Me and my friend are doing this! I knew I’d been spending more than I needed to so I downloaded the Emma app and it goes back a year, seeing what id spent on clothes etc and eating out was a shock!

I’ve deleted my takeaway and shopping apps, I’ve unsubscribed from email that’ll tempt me to shop

I’m aiming to only spend on essentials like bills and groceries, or if I run out of something. So no unnecessary clothes, food etc

so far I’ve succeeded this month, I find it helps that I’m on the standard January diet so I’m avoiding takeaways and I’m running in the evenings instead of scrolling online and spending

I’ve got one mid week meal out planned with some friends which I will allow spending but due to watching money/weight loss it’ll be main course only and no wine!

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Well no spend months well and truly down the drain for me. Went on a bit of a mad one on vinted didn't I cause there was a few real good bargains that cropped up in my popular items bit. Haven't spent anything today so may just do a few days at a time and build up. It's such a habit to just spend £20 here £10 there. Adds up to so much.

LolitaBlah

VIP Member
All right, let's do this:
Jan 15th, day 1: brunch with an ex, he paid! groceries (don't count) so ✅
Day 2: resisted new boots on sale :cry: , gonna buy some bread for dinner that was home cooked yesterday, no take out for this girl! so check ✅

COME on! who's with me!
Day 1 ✅
Day 2 ✅
Day 3 ❌ Dinner out with friends :( already failing! this is too hard

bcfc999

Chatty Member
I am lurking here - not going for a no spend at the moment but trying to cut down on what I spend for sure!

• Heart

rememberwayne

VIP Member
I need to rein it in more next month!! (Even though I started this thread with all my good intentions in April I went a bit shopping happy and treated myself to a couple of pairs of jeans 😧 and some bits in primark this month.) let’s get back on it in June! x
It is so difficult, do not beat yourself up. We need escapism and spending money on a treat here and there is absolutely needed for our sanity.

Idntknow

Day 1 is almost over...managed to get thru the work day with out being distracted by online shopping 🥳

• Heart

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
I am definitely going to try this from this pay day. I am forever spending money on crap from B&M and the Range. I am going to plan every meal and only go shopping once a week and only get the stuff I need.

OmgObsessed

I basically did no spend all of October with a few blimps like plants and teas. I'm going to try even harder this November. I have an embarrassing low amount of money for my age. 😭 Then again don't we all now?

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
January really is the crappest month to start anything like this. I’m doing ok, still spent too much but not as much as I normally do so that’s a win…right? I’m definitely thinking about things more before I just impulsively buy and the majority of things I’ve spent money on are necessities, so I don’t feel too bad.

Tomorrow is a new day 💪🏼

• Heart

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
Out of interest I've just had a look at back at what I've spent 'unnecessarily' so far this month.
£45.47 on coffees/cakes/lunches out. Bit disappointed, but I did meet a friend for lunch which made up more than half that cost, and we only see each other every other month.
£15 on a candle, bought with said friend above, total mind lapse.
£10 between a couple of work collections

I've actually saved just over £500 since Christmas, that's why I'm skint 😂

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I think having a goal helps. I am hoping to book a holiday in the next few weeks which I hope will give me the boot up the backside I need as I really want to be able to be comfortable on holiday and have a lovely time.

disneys

VIP Member
I need to do this .. my spending is out of control considering I don’t have an income right now

I still need to buy food , things for my son .. but anything else I’m banning myself from buying until May

Hoping this thread can help me be accountable :)