Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peachhes

VIP Member
I desperately need to do this. Really struggling money wise at the moment and always get stung by the little supermarket trips where I go for one thing and end up spending £30 a time 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7

Keet

Chatty Member
April was a write off for me so I'm starting over. So far besides bills and food I haven't spent anything which is great for me. My food bill is down as well as I'm trying to waste money on treats I don't need. Hoping I can continue and save a bit over the month.
Good for you. I find saving money is like weight loss . So easy to think f it after a bad day(s) and go on a spiral

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Yep I’m in. Hello by the way, I don’t think I’ve posted in this thread before. I’m doing a no spend 2 months. I’ve done my budget for the year and I’m -3k so I have to make some extra money somehow and cut back where I can. It’s going to be interesting to say the least. Good luck everyone!

• Heart
How did you get on?
I’ve done really well so far thank you! I’ve allowed things like petrol food (although limited eating mainly what’s at home) I did do a primark shop but it was mainly basics. I went into TKMaxx the other day and simply went in and returned my things no looking around and didn’t buy anything! I will be ending mine this Friday as I started a bit earlier (March payday). I’ve realised I spend a lot money filling voids or emotions. Will keep certain aspects such as really asking myself if I need things/ clothes. are you trying it?

GlassOfBeans

Chatty Member
I had burger king for lunch... I have food in the fridge I could have eaten but I still got burger king for lunch. You are not alone 😂
This is me 100%. As soon as I get paid it’s like I’m allergic to all my food in the fridge??? What’s that all about 😂

• Haha

GlassOfBeans

Chatty Member
I cracked early… and I’m such an all or nothing person so once I cracked I was like this:

But it’s pay day today so I’ve already moved all that money into my second account and left only a small “allowance” in my first account and I am starting again for February ❤

• Haha

Marcinabolan

I’m doing this myself! I’ve cancelled £40 worth of subscriptions last night, have other bits that I can’t cancel til March/April time (gym, Sky etc) so those will have to wait. I received a lot of skin care/toiletries for Xmas and don’t actually need anything. I’ve also made sure I have taken off my card from my iPhone wallet which helps with the cups of hot chocolate from work (Obviously leaving my purse at home as well).

I follow a lot of money saving ladies on Instagram so I’ve found this super helpful. I think I’ve come to the realisation that I’ve bought a lot of crap in the past for no reason! I’m ready to live a simpler life. Hoping to change jobs this year, and even though I do a lot of overtime, I seem to end up back in my overdraft!

Good luck everyone, we can do this! X

• Heart
I’m in! I totally forgot about this thread but yes.
No rules but rules you set for yourself. For example for me this month I’m on a ban of no new clothes, no new toiletries this month however certain expenses eg petrol, personal care/ grooming are allowed. As is going out and paying for dinner for my boyfriends birthday.
We’ve got this ♥

Also… use cash! I bought some cash wallet things from shein with labels on and going to withdraw money and put into them for when I do need to buy things. Rather than Apple Pay which I seem to forget is real money.

• Heart

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
I feel like if it’s pet food, or something that we need for dinner or a soft drink, I’m forgiving that. The best laid plans - grocery delivery gave some bad dates and some things were out of stock, for example.

Ive put a no spend on clothes, non essential toiletries, and no stocking up if I have food/cleaning products already, takeout etc. inevitably if you have kids, dependents, pets, you’re going to put their needs first, ie ahead of a no spend resolution!

RBN20

Chatty Member
So far I’m still on track for the no spend month but I keep getting the fear that we’re only 10 days into the month. It’s felt like a long 10 days and feels like there’s a lot of the month to go and I’m scared I’ll crack 😂

• Haha

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
17/26 days this month have been no spend, including weekly food shop (x2) as a spend day bc i buy wants as well as needs, but overall pretty impressed with myself!

I went to primark last night for basics (essentials - like a pack of underwear, cotton wool wipes, basic black T-shirt and vest ) but I felt so guilty. Didn’t do a crazy amount of damage so compared to my last trip there January 2020 when I spent an eye watering £150 -200 this is ✨growth✨

• Heart

disneys

VIP Member
I survived the shops yesterday ! didn’t buy anything for myself apart from a coffee and a cookie at starbucks !

Reactions: 6

candyland_

VIP Member
I’ve failed from day one of this month. Make up, eyebrows and lashes, lip fillers, pointless spends at the local shop and purchases for my new house.

I’ve moved a chunk into savings though.

I’m about to try again and embark on a complete no spend month for the entire April 2021.

has anyone completed a no spend or low spend month, week, or even year?

I’m banning myself on buying cleaning products, food (using up all pantry, cupboard items until they’re gone and the freezer), clothing and beauty items.

Wish I'd seen this thread sooner! I will try this from 12 April - 12 May. Is there any sort of rules you need to stick to because I'll need to refuel at least 2 times in that month
Rules are you own I suppose. I don't count things like fuel, shopping etc as they are essential. Knocking my prime addiction on the other hand ..😂 I focused mainly on no takeaways and that made a big difference! Good luck and hopefully you'll reap the rewards by the middle of May 😁

disneys

VIP Member
I am definitely going to try this from this pay day. I am forever spending money on crap from B&M and the Range. I am going to plan every meal and only go shopping once a week and only get the stuff I need.
I think 50% of my husbands pay check goes on B&M crap at the moment , think it’s because it’s the only place open it’s just somewhere to go on a Saturday afternoon 🤣

The shops opening will be a real test for me tomorrow .. I’m meeting some other mums to go to Bluewater on Wednesday and I’m not sure how I will resist Primark ...

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I'm in. Any there rules/a guide? I know I need a new hairdryer, is that allowed?
I might just start simply with a "no buying lunch at work" rule 😅
So I'm not sure but I think idea is that you don't spend unnecessarily? So like if something breaks that's okay but it's like no buying new clothes/make up etc that you don't need?
I think I'm really not sure. I feel like you should be allowed a hair dryer though :ROFLMAO: