Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Honestly? I don’t think I want to that badly 🤣 I have plenty of no spend days, the regimented striving towards them though would have me acting like a rebellious teenager 🤣
this is me. As soon as I tell myself no I start wanting everything. I'm the same with healthy eating. I'm better off just not buying it and not having it in the house but allowing myself if I want it.

Reactions: 5

Incognito_burrito

VIP Member
This is a brilliant idea. You’ve all inspired me. I can’t do a full month in May as I have lots of plans so I’m going to try to do a week. I know it’s not a lot but I waste money every day on crap I don’t need. If I can do a week I’m sure it will spur me on.

Last edited:

Zulkraa

VIP Member
B09D1AFA-77E7-42D3-9C34-D556B7538C35.jpeg

For anyone that likes a visual - hopefully it will print out clear, if not you can some on Pinterest/Google

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
So far I've not been within the vicinity of the local shops. Expect a raging post on yet another failed day for me in approximately 3 hours.

• Haha

Eureka

VIP Member
I'm going to give this a go. Really need to try and stop buying so much shite so I'm going to limit myself to only buying essential items: food, pet stuff, petrol etc. No treats or clothes or anything else I don't need.

• Heart

zoominmoom

I've bought a hot chocolate and a muffin....🙁
I literally can't leave the house without treating myself to a hot chocolate/bubble tea/muffin etc. so I've been a hermit for the past two weeks. It's the only way I can resist 😂 I hope the hot chocolate and muffin were nice though, and you can still hop back on the no-spend wagon!

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I set out with the intentions to do no spend in January and failed spectacularly, even logging everything, I have about 3 Boohoo orders, 2 Vinted purchases, a LookFantastic order and a holiday staring at me from my tracker. I have zero self control and make excuses for everything. I could kick myself… but then I’d probably order myself something to make up for it 😭
I relate to you so much. The best of intentions lead us down the worst of paths.

For me it's like I need a little bit of spending, as a fix, and the excitement of the delivery, just to keep me going.

• Heart

Cereal Killer

Chatty Member
I’m planning a low spend July - I’ve removed my card from Amazon and Apple Pay, going to avoid supermarkets and no take out coffee/take aways.
I think a no spend is way too restrictive for me. I suddenly want to rebel and splurge on unnecessary crap.

Dot_Cotton

Chatty Member
I’m the same. You nip in for one thing them I’m like “ooo look at that pink mop”. Primark is a tough one. You go in there and then you need bobbles, socks, pjs. Because it’s cheap I end up with a load of stuff that has cost me more because I don’t actually want it.

Saddlesoap

VIP Member
I'm in. Any there rules/a guide? I know I need a new hairdryer, is that allowed?
I might just start simply with a "no buying lunch at work" rule 😅

Reactions: 4
Still no takeaways for us. Almost 3 months and we're not even bothered now
I have how ever bought 4 Christmas gifts this month but they were crazy bargains!

• Heart

disneys

VIP Member
I’m going to try and do a no spend month too . I spent a stupid amount of money in October on stupid shit I don’t need

I’m not going to buy anything for myself that isn’t essential : ie, no new clothes , nothing new for the house unless something breaks . No takeaways . We have two meals out planned with family & friends so I will obviously spend money on that , but no meals out otherwise . Only stuff for the littles if they NEED it … we’ll see how it goes 😅

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Day 1 ✅
Day 2 ✅
Day 3 ❌ Dinner out with friends :( already failing! this is too hard
Don’t beat yourself up. I’ve said no buy isn’t easy for me, so I’m going to aim for low buy. Also it’s a new moon this weekend and my new year will start then 😂

• Heart

Cereal Killer

Chatty Member
I’m not doing very well. My son has started a new nursery and needs spares to be kept there so blown my budget on that. HOWEVER I haven’t spent any unnecessary money on Amazon or extras on the food shop so I’ll take that as a win.
I think I’m going to start a true no spend from my next pay day (end of april). It will really test my resolve with everything opening tomorrow.

So glad others are going to try. Definitely gonna use this thread as support/motivation 👌😆 loving the recommendations I’ve deleted ASOS Zara Amazon eBay off my phone and unsubscribed to lots of shopping emails 🥳 🏆

ladygardener

OK. I've wanted my downstairs bathroom wallpapered for a while. Well just the one wall tbh with it being a bathroom. I've seen some GORGEOUS designer wallpaper in local charity shop. It's up for £1 a roll. This is justified spending surely?
I'd say so! If you're going to buy wallpaper at some point anyway, might as well save yourself money in the long run now. Plus, if you love the wallpaper and it's going to make you happy to see it in there everyday, it's an investment in your enjoyment of your home and your home itself... although I can pretty much talk myself into buying anything!

• Heart

Welshgal

VIP Member
… I completely forgot that it‘s already my no-spend timeframe 🤦🏼‍♀️
Didn‘t spend anything yesterday but did buy my pill today, though that‘s definitely a necessity. I‘m meeting a friend on friday for coffee so I‘ll definitely fail then but will try to really just stick with one coffee

• Heart