No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you are someone who wants to continue wearing a mask forever then I hope you’re not going to look down on those or make comments to people that won’t be anymore. Sorry, but it won’t be mandatory and if you don’t feel safe after your double jab then stay in your house and let the rest of us enjoy life again.
Comments like these make me 🤦🏻‍♀️ Equally people who don’t want to wear masks should not look down and judge those that want to continue for whatever reasons.

Just because people choose to remain a little cautious and continue to wear masks in whatever capacity or setting, it does NOT mean they want to stay in their house nor does it mean they do not want to enjoy life.

They’re not stopping anyone ‘enjoying their life’ so not quite sure why you say ‘let the rest of us enjoy life again’.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
https://www.thecut.com/2021/06/the-backlash-against-the-tiktok-bee-lady-explained.html

There's quite a bit of backlash against this lady and her videos - most notably for her lack of suit (someone like her who is highly trained not wearing one vs someone who isn't for example!)
That's very interesting. I knew someone who died after an adverse reaction to a bee-sting (she was a novice bee-keeper) so I'd be wary of anyone untrained dealing with bees unprotected. Foolish if people are advocating this.

Reactions: 4
Comments like these make me 🤦🏻‍♀️ Equally people who don’t want to wear masks should not look down and judge those that want to continue for whatever reasons.

Just because people choose to remain a little cautious and continue to wear masks in whatever capacity or setting, it does NOT mean they want to stay in their house nor does it mean they do not want to enjoy life.

They’re not stopping anyone ‘enjoying their life’ so not quite sure why you say ‘let the rest of us enjoy life again’.
I think most people who are happy to shed the masks don't care if people want to continue wearing one.

However there have been floods of memes and tweets about "if you don't wear a mask you don't care for others" "masks protect others not the wearer so by not wearing one you're a dick" etc.

Reactions: 16
That's very interesting. I knew someone who died after an adverse reaction to a bee-sting (she was a novice bee-keeper) so I'd be wary of anyone untrained dealing with bees unprotected. Foolish if people are advocating this.
That can happen to anyone though. My SIL is allergic to bee stings, but unlike those walking around with masks for covid he doesn't wear a beekeepers outfit "just in case"

Common sense should now prevail

Reactions: 3
I think most people who are happy to shed the masks don't care if people want to continue wearing one.

However there have been floods of memes and tweets about "if you don't wear a mask you don't care for others" "masks protect others not the wearer so by not wearing one you're a dick" etc.
Equally there are many memes and tweets and comments calling people who want to wear masks sheep, bed wetters, ‘scared ones’ … the list goes on.

Reactions: 13

Non mask wearers are now the granny killers.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t care if people carry on wearing them, if it makes them feel safer, or if they are doing the right thing, it is entirely their choice and none of my business.

I won’t be wearing one apart from public transport maybe (don’t use pub transport at the mo), but I don’t want a mask wearer to castigate me in public for not wearing one, which I am slightly wary of, but not enough for me to wear one after it has been mandated it is not compulsory.

Reactions: 9
Equally there are many memes and tweets and comments calling people who want to wear masks sheep, bed wetters, ‘scared ones’ … the list goes on.
That has been the case since the start though, a small number of people banded those who wore masks and followed the rules as sheep which although that has negative connotations isn't a personal attack on someone.

It is now the government are removing the legal requirement to wear a mask that people who are willing to drop them, are being judged for doing something that they legally are allowed to do as "uncaring" "selfish" etc.

I am pro choice. I don't care if people wear boots and jumpers in summer, but you will never catch me doing it. Likewise once masks aren't legally required I will never wear one again, but I won't stop or judge anyone who chose otherwise. But I feel that that isn't mutual to most people who are still pro-mask

Reactions: 10
That has been the case since the start though, a small number of people banded those who wore masks and followed the rules as sheep which although that has negative connotations isn't a personal attack on someone.

It is now the government are removing the legal requirement to wear a mask that people who are willing to drop them, are being judged for doing something that they legally are allowed to do as "uncaring" "selfish" etc.

I am pro choice. I don't care if people wear boots and jumpers in summer, but you will never catch me doing it. Likewise once masks aren't legally required I will never wear one again, but I won't stop or judge anyone who chose otherwise. But I feel that that isn't mutual to most people who are still pro-mask
Again you don’t speak for the whole population so you cannot possibly know what people really feel and whether they judge or not because they are pro mask.

Reactions: 3
Again you don’t speak for the whole population so you cannot possibly know what people really feel and whether they judge or not because they are pro mask.
You are obsessed with ‘the whole population’. No we can’t ask the whole population but I know a fair few people through family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances etc and the vast majority I have spoken to have said they won’t be wearing masks any longer

No I don't

But the barrage of abuse towards people who are happy to de-mask is ridiculous and far more personal than the comments towards those happy to keep masks.

I would rather be called a sheep than be told I am a selfish, uncaring, germ spreading granny killer

• Haha
Reactions: 15
You are obsessed with ‘the whole population’. No we can’t ask the whole population but I know a fair few people through family, friends, colleagues, acquaintances etc and the vast majority I have spoken to have said they won’t be wearing masks any longer
I am making a point that just because you see a minority making comments on social media it does not mean everyone feels that way or will act that way. I can also say that I know many that will continue to wear masks. Just because you or others you know feel a certain way it does not mean that EVERYONE or the majority does.

No I don't

But the barrage of abuse towards people who are happy to de-mask is ridiculous and far more personal than the comments towards those happy to keep masks.

I would rather be called a sheep than be told I am a selfish, uncaring, germ spreading granny killer
And again I will also say the nasty name calling and comments towards people who want to remain cautious and wear masks or whatever is just as present.

Reactions: 1
And again I will also say the nasty name calling and comments towards people who want to remain cautious and wear masks or whatever is just as present.
I didn't say it wasn't. But if someone called me a bed wetter I would laugh at them. If someone called me a sheep I would baa at them.

The comments and naming calling is far more personal towards those willing to stop makes. That's the point I am making.

Reactions: 4
I didn't say it wasn't. But if someone called me a bed wetter I would laugh at them. If someone called me a sheep I would baa at them.

The comments and naming calling is far more personal towards those willing to stop makes. That's the point I am making.
Being called a murderer is far more personal and offensive than being called a sheep

personally Iv found people that are pro-lockdown and pro-mask etc.. to be much more aggressive and insulting towards those who oppose it. I don’t mean people online hiding behind anonymous names and pictures, I mean people I know irl and the general public that I have experienced.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
personally Iv found people that are pro-lockdown and pro-mask etc.. to be much more aggressive and insulting towards those who oppose it. I don’t mean people online hiding behind anonymous names and pictures, I mean people I know irl and the general public that I have experienced.
Bit like hard core woke lefties.

• Haha
Reactions: 7