No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone speaks from personal experience, either from what they have experienced or seen, or from people in their circles. What I have been trying to say all along is that you will find not everyone in the population will necessarily be like that which is why I find it odd when people say that EVERYONE does this, or says that or chooses this or believes that.

Reactions: 3
Everyone speaks from personal experience, either from what they have experienced or seen, or from people in their circles. What I have been trying to say all along is that you will find not everyone in the population will necessarily be like that which is why I find it odd when people say that EVERYONE does this, or says that or chooses this or believes that.
I think its only who you keeps saying we "don't speak for the whole population".

This is a discussion forum and we are discussing how those of us who are happy to lose the mask are worried about the abuse we might be getting from those who don't want to.

None of us suggested that every single person we encounter wearing a mask will call us names for not etc. None of us suggested that if we are happy to lose the mask we will be giving abuse to those who chose to keep them.

We are discussing the possible interactions that might occur with some people in the public.

Reactions: 6
I think its only who you keeps saying we "don't speak for the whole population".

This is a discussion forum and we are discussing how those of us who are happy to lose the mask are worried about the abuse we might be getting from those who don't want to.

None of us suggested that every single person we encounter wearing a mask will call us names for not etc. None of us suggested that if we are happy to lose the mask we will be giving abuse to those who chose to keep them.

We are discussing the possible interactions that might occur with some people in the public.
Thanks for pointing out this was a discussion forum 🤪 Unfortunately there will be judgement on both sides as we have seen throughout the pandemic with the lockdowns, the restrictions and vaccines.

Reactions: 1
Boris said we don’t have to wear one so people should respect the government’s change in the law, no one is stopping anyone else from wearing one if they want to but at the end of the day people have listened to the government and followed their advice and rules etc for the past 18 months so why is it ok to label someone a murderer or doesn’t care about people etc because they’re following the legal standpoint that you don’t need to wear one anymore, you can if you wish.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I voted yes because in Wales I expect we’ll be wearing them till bloody 2026 at this rate, and I’ll also wear one for work in the nhs. When I’m in England I won’t wear one if they’re not mandatory.

Reactions: 2
I find the whole “sheep” thing quite funny to be honest, the same as the mega strops about “individual rights” and freedom being taken away in respect of all Covid related rules. Like, do you wear a seatbelt when driving and abide by the speed limit? Is that your individual rights and freedom being taken away, too? 🙈

I’m not in England but when the mask mandate is removed in my country I will keep wearing one in shops and on public transport at least for a while, I think the whole “Boris said we don’t have to, so we shouldn’t” thing is nuts. When has this government made a single sensible decision, particularly in the last 18 months? I’d rather continue for a while because I’m reasonably sure the England mask mandate will be back soon enough, when they do yet another god damn U turn.

ETA I genuinely think do whatever you’re most comfortable with but please god don’t look to Boris and Co for guidance.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I find the whole “sheep” thing quite funny to be honest, the same as the mega strops about “individual rights” and freedom being taken away in respect of all Covid related rules. Like, do you wear a seatbelt when driving and abide by the speed limit? Is that your individual rights and freedom being taken away, too? 🙈

I’m not in England but when the mask mandate is removed in my country I will keep wearing one in shops and on public transport at least for a while, I think the whole “Boris said we don’t have to, so we shouldn’t” thing is nuts. When has this government made a single sensible decision, particularly in the last 18 months? I’d rather continue for a while because I’m reasonably sure the England mask mandate will be back soon enough, when they do yet another god damn U turn.
Stupid comparison. I wear a seat belt so if I have a crash I don’t go flying through my windscreen.

Reactions: 11
Stupid comparison. I wear a seat belt so if I have a crash I don’t go flying through my windscreen.
And people wear masks so that if someone near them has Covid they don’t increase their chances of catching it. That’s not a stupid comparison.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

ETA I genuinely think do whatever you’re most comfortable with but please god don’t look to Boris and Co for guidance.
Boris said this pandemic is far from over and people should not go crazy. The same man who is lifting all restrictions with cases rising. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
And people wear masks so that if someone near them has Covid they don’t increase their chances of catching it. That’s not a stupid comparison.
Yeah because everyone that catches covid ends up in hospital of course

Boris said this pandemic is far from over and people should not go crazy. The same man who is lifting all restrictions with cases rising. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Ha, I know. My favourite comment I spotted in relation to his lifting restrictions was: this man who has never taken personal responsibility for anything in his whole entire life is taking a gamble and relying on the general public taking personal responsibility.

It has been said several times masks stop you spreading germs, they don't stop you catching them.

Also I have a 99.9% chance of surviving covid even before I am jabbed. I doubt I even have a 0.1% chance of surviving a head on collision without a seatbelt.

So yes it is a stupid comparison

Reactions: 14
Yeah because everyone that catches covid ends up in hospital of course
Eh, where exactly did I say that they do? I didn’t. But a bad bout of Covid even at home is worth avoiding especially if a simple measure can help to avoid it, it can be absolutely horrific.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Yes but if everyone would abide by the rules = germs won’t spread. Simple. It’s the idiots that haven’t been abiding by the rules even to date that have let it run rampant.

Nice, public bullying. You seem like a lovely person. And no acknowledgement of the fact that you are always there.
Germs will ALWAYS spread. It’s what they do. It’s what they have done for millennia. Unless we never leave our houses again and the government delivers food and toilet paper in hazmat suits there will always be germs and disease.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes but if everyone would abide by the rules = germs won’t spread. Simple. It’s the idiots that haven’t been abiding by the rules even to date that have let it run rampant.
Germs spread, fact.

Yes washing your hands and keeping away from people when you are ill will lessen the liklihood of you catching them, and this is good practice in every day life even pre-pandemic. But I'm pretty sure everyone I know who has caught covid didn't catch it because "they broke the rules". Most of them can't even pinpoint who they caught it from.

Reactions: 6
Smca53 when she sees a covid thread
Well that's unnecessary.

For me, I think it's worth continuing to wear a mask because the covid virus is much more prevalent at the moment than other viruses. Yes, germs are always going to spread and we cannot live in a sterile environment (impossible and wouldn't be healthy anyway), but if there is an outbreak of any contagious disease then preventative measures are taken.

I would rather others also continued to wear them but I accept that some won't. I certainly won't be confronting anyone about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Germs spread, fact.

Yes washing your hands and keeping away from people when you are ill will lessen the liklihood of you catching them, and this is good practice in every day life even pre-pandemic. But I'm pretty sure everyone I know who has caught covid didn't catch it because "they broke the rules". Most of them can't even pinpoint who they caught it from.
I totally agree, but some germs are worse than others and it seems sensible to try to keep a lid on the worst ones as far as we are able.

I think one positive to come out of it is that employers are less insistent that you physically attend work when ill and then whatever illness it is just spreads through the whole office (or at least that seems to be the case for people I speak to, appreciate not every employer will be like that). I think sensible steps such as this make sense. I personally don’t want to catch the latest stomach bug circulating some persons kids nursery, I can absolutely do without those germs. Whereas for Covid some people do seem keen to throw themselves back in to “normal” life when we just aren’t there. I don’t see the harm in taking steps to avoid it and I don’t think it makes someone scared/a sheep if they do take steps including masks. It’s not an infringement on freedom.

we don’t legally have to wear a mask from 19th July, doesn’t mean you can’t wear one if it makes you feel safer, it means you have the freedom of choice whether you want to. All good and well criticising another countries affairs 🐸☕

Reactions: 8
we don’t legally have to wear a mask from 19th July, doesn’t mean you can’t wear one if it makes you feel safer, it means you have the freedom of choice whether you want to. All good and well criticising another countries affairs 🐸☕
I’m in Scotland, it has an impact on me for an abundance of reasons. But thanks for the passive aggressive assumptions.

That is also literally what I was saying. Wear one if you want, don’t if you don’t feel it makes a difference. But don’t call people who do sheep/scared/etc, it’s not the case, it’s not unreasonable for someone to want to take steps (whatever they may be for that individual) to reduce the risk of them catching it.

Reactions: 4