No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just feels too much, too soon.

Couldn't they have just lifted some restrictions on 19 July before lifting everything? They could have kept masks on public transport as mandatory, etc.

Reactions: 16
Nope, won’t be wearing one again. Unless I am poorly with something that can be transmitted and I’m at the doctors.

Reactions: 10
Don’t agree with it at all.
So we needed facemasks and distancing and lockdowns at 2k cases but not at 25k cases a day? Having Vaccines at our disposal isn’t an excuse as there’s still millions waiting on their vaccines and they keep saying we’re not protected from delta until 3 weeks after second jab. Wouldn’t have such an issue if everyone who wanted a vaccine had chance to have had both, and cases were a lot lower than what they currently are.
Next lockdown won’t be far off now
But it's not cases that are the issue anymore, with such a high vaccine uptake it's not turning to hospitalisations and deaths.

Reactions: 4
I don't wear a face mask (except hospital) but I do have a face covering, I think I will be still required to wear one when I'm
working, as I'm a motorcycle courier I can't see company buildings dropping the facemask/covering. SO I will continue to
wear one when I goto any building.

I do think face masks should be worn on public transport for at least another year.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Will not be wearing them if I’m told I don’t have to. Can’t wait. GOODBYE.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 28
I don't wear a face mask (except hospital) but I do have a face covering, I think I will be still required to wear one when I'm
working, as I'm a motorcycle courier I can't see company buildings dropping the facemask/covering. SO I will continue to
wear one when I goto any building.

I do think face masks should be worn on public transport for at least another year.
Just out of interest, why a year? What do you think will be better/be achieved by July 2022?

But it's not cases that are the issue anymore, with such a high vaccine uptake it's not turning to hospitalisations and deaths.
Hospitalisations are rising though and they will keep rising over the autumn and winter which we will be going into in a bad place now.

Also it’s not as straight forward as hospitalisations and deaths- What about the 300k people suffering from long covid? Surely just distance and mask up for a few more months until everyone is doubled vaccinated to reduce all of the above

Reactions: 7
Would you travel on public transport without a mask?
Yes. I’ve had one jab and due to have my second. To me there is nothing to be scared of. Im more scared of being mugged or assaulted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh I’ve just thought does this mean contact free on takeaway deliveries will stop?

I liked them just leaving it on your doorstep and them being halfway down the road in their car before you’ve even reached the door.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh I’ve just thought does this mean contact free on takeaway deliveries will stop?

I liked them just leaving it on your doorstep and them being halfway down the road in their car before you’ve even reached the door.
You mean like Hermes delivery men... :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
No because I trust the vaccine and trust my immune system. I also want old normal life after living under draconian measures for a year and a half.

Reactions: 14
I really hate wearing a mask tbh, it feels like I can’t see or hear properly. That being said I know a few people who have had covid despite being double jabbed so I will carry on wearing one indoors for now as much as possible to avoid making the vulnerable ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Although I didn’t like wearing a mask at first, I’ve got used to it now and feel quite nervous about not wearing one. I will continue to do so anywhere there are large volumes of people, shops being the main one. I’ve been pulling all sorts of faces at work behind the mask, so will probably carry on wearing it 😆.

I can’t wait to wait wear my favourite red lipstick again and not worry about whether I might have to put a mask over it.

Reactions: 14
I'm a bit disappointed that people will see my teeth again cos I don't like them .

I'll probably still carry masks with me just in case.

wearing them if you are feeling a bit unwell just highlights you have the lurgy

Reactions: 2
I'm a bit disappointed that people will see my teeth again cos I don't like them .

I'll probably still carry masks with me just in case.

wearing them if you are feeling a bit unwell just highlights you have the lurgy
same to the top sentence! I’m rather disappointed I won’t have one on for my graduation tbh🤣

however, remember people you love will be so happy to see your smile again, never feel conscious of your teeth 🦷

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ll be keeping mine so I can carry on muttering about people without them noticing or thinking I’m bonkers 😜…which I am but they don’t need to know that 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12