No need for face masks after 19th July!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’ll be interesting to see if the MPs are all back in Parliament with no distancing and no masks on 19 July. They break for recess on 22 July so wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of them stay in their constituency that week but I’d like to see them set the example they want the rest of us to follow (I know, I know - I won’t hold my breath)

Reactions: 4
Whilst the delta is more transmissible it is also a diluted strain if the virus. Try not to get too caught up in the wording. You can ditch the masks , but be mindful of social distancing and not be reckless.

I am in Ireland and have never worn a mask.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Thank god, these restrictions should have been lifted months ago. Vaccines are working and the data proves that, just because people test positive doesn’t mean they are majorly ill, deaths are down massively which is most important. The NHS has a winter crisis every year and we’ve never locked down before to “save the NHS”. Wear a mask if you wish but I will not be, i’m an adult can make my own decisions.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Surprised by the replies.
People need to take personal responsibility back, if someone doesn't want to wear a mask and you’re anxious,
keep away from them, germs are needed in society to build tolerance to other illnesses and infections, we can’t live in a sterile environment, more kids get sick if they’re kept away from dirt and germs then if they’re out playing in the muck.
I think it’s the right time to do this,
if it means numbers increase, makes no difference unless they turn into hospital admissions, if they do, get it out of the way before winter. Apparently masks/better hygiene cut rates of flu and colds last year 🤷‍♀️ So let’s see what happens this winter and if people find themselves getting more illnesses they might make the choice to use masks themselves like some Asian countries do.

the users on Twitter who were adiment it wouldn’t happen and the government wouldn’t give up control earlier this week are very quite 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I cant wait to get rid of them!
I have a compromised immune system anyway so before this I would catch anything anyway, no one gave a stuff about me then and I wouldn't have expected them to!
Germs have always been around and always will be

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can’t wait to be able to smile at people!

I’m hoping shops etc don’t independently enforce them I think it would get confusing if different shops have different rules

I think logically I can’t see any independent enforcement when it’s no longer ‘law’ if I owned a shop it wouldn’t be worth the hassle trying to enforce that rule past 19th July

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think I will carry on wearing them in shops and trains if they’re crowded for a little while longer. But to be honest, wearing them for 10 mins in a shop has never really bothered me.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m indifferent. Got used to wearing them and I like the anonymity they bring. But they sure are annoying and warm in hot weather!

No doubt we’ll have to wear them on public transport for the time to come I think.

Reactions: 9
Unfortunately it looks like the virus is here to stay so we just have to learn to live with it, I for one will be happy to ditch the masks as I have really struggled with them especially working in them all day. It will be nice to see people smile etc again. We all just need to respect each others decisions if you want to wear them that's ok if you dont that's ok look after yourself dont worry what others are doing

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I can’t wait to be able to smile at people!

I’m hoping shops etc don’t independently enforce them I think it would get confusing if different shops have different rules

I think logically I can’t see any independent enforcement when it’s no longer ‘law’ if I owned a shop it wouldn’t be worth the hassle trying to enforce that rule past 19th July
Most shops haven't enforced it while it has been law, so I can't see them doing it once it is optional

• Wow
Reactions: 8
If I’ve got a duck off massive spot on my chin like I currently do I’ll gladly keep it on 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
No way! :m

I touch my face more whilst wearing it anyway and I'm sick of smiling at people then feeling like an idiot cos they can't see it 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 11
No way! :m

I touch my face more whilst wearing it anyway and I'm sick of smiling at people then feeling like an idiot cos they can't see it 🤦‍♀️
I’m keeping on, I’ve enjoyed not having to smile 😂

To be quite honest, all covid and future colds aside, the top half of my face is infinitely more attractive and so I suspect I’ll be keeping my mask for a while lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11