Niomi Smart #73 Life with Joey was a dream, now she’s bowing to a pointy peen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long after this video did he dump her?
I think she made a video in early August (maybe 5th or something) announcing that they had split up. The video with the tour of Joe's apartment was posted on 19th July so probably not even a week after.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Oh gosh that video was worse than I remembered 🙈 she really was on her own planet wasn't she 🙈

Reactions: 17
Oh gosh that video was worse than I remembered 🙈 she really was on her own planet wasn't she 🙈
The comments are interesting, Ill plop some here, hope I'm not being annoying lol

1703715534407.png

1703715562575.png

1703715593484.png

1703715623211.png

1703715671711.png

1703715713707.png

tried to chop off most names and faces but this was hilarious, his friend? lol

1703715763837.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Maybe I have unreasonably high standards, but I think it takes more than just following your fiancé for work, while you have a "career" that can be done from anywhere, to constitute being "so supportive."

(Now, normally for anyone else I'd say I know it's a huge sacrifice, but Niomi mostly complained and pouted about it, and so the fact that she went, dragging her feet, doesn't make me feel like she was "supporting" him.)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Maybe I have unreasonably high standards, but I think it takes more than just following your fiancé for work, while you have a "career" that can be done from anywhere, to constitute being "so supportive."

(Now, normally for anyone else I'd say I know it's a huge sacrifice, but Niomi mostly complained and pouted about it, and so the fact that she went, dragging her feet, doesn't make me feel like she was "supporting" him.)
Yeah, and she seemed to be more of a liability or burden than a supportive partner. Before going, she caused unnecessary stress by doing EVERYTHING last minute (getting her vaccines, packing her stuff, etc.) and having a panic attack (or so she says) because of it. She seemed completely overwhelmed.

Joe handled most of their To Dos before moving to India and probably a lot afterwards, once they arrived in Mumbai. At least that’s what I’m suspecting since Dimbobs was mainly spending her time exploring the city, taking an Ayurveda class and resting inside their fancy hotel room.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The move in with Freddie went the same as anything goes with Niomi - her having lots of opinions but not doing any logistics or lifting an actual finger to do anything. Shopping for wedding dresses instead of helping build furniture and moving boxes into the new flat, then crying, “two days ago I was trying on wedding dresses and then I was dumped.”

I do think lock down made or broke many relationships. With the breaks tending to happen once the lockdowns were lifted. I feel like it would have been an intense time being locked down with Niomi being very uhem Niomi. I do also think though he bloody proposed. He should have known who she was when his asked to marry her. If he was going to dump her it’s a shame he’d asked to marry her, booked the venue, asked maids of honour, bought dress! Totally traumatising as it’s so humiliating in my opinion (maybe some of you are super tough cookies but this would be a major life changing stab in the gut for many). I expect she did put a lot of pressure on him to propose before the move to India as her going with him was her sign of commitment and she wanted the same from him. He was weak and proposed despite knowing deep down that he didn’t want to marry her.
I also think she must have her doubts about Lordon but she will not have another failed engagement. This wedding unless Lordon backs out will for sure go ahead. He will never be her dreamy Joe though.
I think it’s quite telling that Joe was ready to move to India despite the decision Niomi would have taken. If I was dating someone and they wanted to move away for their career/better life etc, I would expect them to take the initiative and have the discussion about what will happen to the relationship. It does feel like he took a backseat (as it’s been his temperament when it came to her) and Niomi had to ask for confirmation of where things stand. Probably was exhausting for her too, having to initiate those conversations when Joey clearly wasn’t ready to give her a ring.

She should have understood that and called it quits. The breakdown before she left to Mumbai is her simply understanding the gravity of this choice she’s made. Lots of people translate her ‘I think I am finally ready to go now’ comment on the plane to be a happy moment for her. I truly think she was still trying to convince herself that this was the right decision. She was and is still so naive and craves acceptance and love she would have done anything.

Joey wasn’t a manipulator (that we know of). In a lot of ways their dynamic looked innocent. She was the one pulling the strings. It was dreamy Joey after all! When she finally found a a master manipulator who played into all her whims (because she is more resourceful than him in her own right), she probably felt like she can now truly relax and let him take the wheel, and didn’t he truly take it on 😂. She probably feels like the prize this time. I am the feminine version of dreamy Joey to Jamie! 😂 His schemy ways of setting himself up as a lapdog for her money makes her feel like the prize for sure. A true yes man who takes control and pulls the strings, and this is probably why she calls this Lordon dynamic ‘safe and feeling divinely feminine’

Yes I do not see this ending unless he walks away. They both serve each other perfectly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

After the session with her friend 10 mins onwards
Rewatching this in hindsight makes me really feel how Niomi was so ignorant about the situation. Joe lost his job, let alone its his dream job, and it was COVID lockdown when every thing was just chaotic and no one knew how it is going to unfold. It must be extremely stressful to Joe and he's probably not in the right headspace. Yet Niomi was just excited and happy and said something like "the silver lining during lock down is that I can go on planning my wedding now! yay!"

p.s. in that video she also showed us the photos she's hanged around the wall, and one of them was "our unofficial engagement photo". Did she think she's a royal like Kate Middleton to have an "official" engagement photo? 😂 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Rewatching this in hindsight makes me really feel how Niomi was so ignorant about the situation. Joe lost his job, let alone its his dream job, and it was COVID lockdown when every thing was just chaotic and no one knew how it is going to unfold. It must be extremely stressful to Joe and he's probably not in the right headspace. Yet Niomi was just excited and happy and said something like "the silver lining during lock down is that I can go on plan my wedding now! yay!"
She insisted on filming curated versions of her eating habits and her reality, it just caught up with her in more ways than one.

Reactions: 14
When they're in the bedroom together, it's so awkward. He probably had decided at that point he was bailing, or at least was considering it. Oblivious Niomi just continues with the tour of their depressing flat

• Haha
Apart from her controlling behavior around food which only got worse during lockdown, it’s so obvious that she was a completely unsupportive partner to Joe.

Even in the video where she explained that he had lost his job and they wouldn’t be going back to India, she seemed upbeat and cheerful. I simply cannot see her ever consoling Joe, offering advice for coping with the situation, acknowledging his negative feelings, listening to him, etc. Just offering any kind of support.
She never wanted to go to India at all, if it weren't Joe, so I could only imagine her feeling relieved even though she already planned the "Live Smart" thing.

Joe being jobless? Hooray! He can be with me 24-7 now so why should I be sad? I make more ££ than him anyway and I can support us financially, he can be my +1.

1703760832742.png

I found this on her instagram, back from november 2019 and she says her (not their) move to India creeps her up. It's pretty clear moving to India was a massive stress for her, even more with her doing everything last minute. She didn't want to go.

There were another post where she explained how much of a sacrifice it was for her to choose to go to India and follow Joe (that was before they were engaged), but can't find it anymore, it must have been deleted.

Reactions: 12
View attachment 2654133
I found this on her instagram, back from november 2019 and she says her (not their) move to India creeps her up. It's pretty clear moving to India was a massive stress for her, even more with her doing everything last minute. She didn't want to go.

There were another post where she explained how much of a sacrifice it was for her to choose to go to India and follow Joe (that was before they were engaged), but can't find it anymore, it must have been deleted.
She means the move is nearing (creeping up), not that she's scared by it here. Just talking about this particular post, obviously, she absolutely was overwhelmed by moving to India and everything she had to do (that, per usual, others and Joey did for her), her going away vlog was a mess. I'm shocked they made it onto the plane on time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She must have known something was up. I mean they apparently planned to flat share with Joey’s brother for 18 months. So, even when they would have been newly weds. Not ideal for any couple but when you consider Niomi had a huge disposable income and could easily have afforded to buy them a huge flat, it must have set alarm bells ringing. Joe did not plan a future with her by this point. And certainly not one where he would be reliant on her income and coerced into appearing in vlogs (like Erik and Colleen Ballinger).

She must have known something was up. I mean they apparently planned to flat share with Joey’s brother for 18 months. So, even when they would have been newly weds. Not ideal for any couple but when you consider Niomi had a huge disposable income and could easily have afforded to buy them a huge flat, it must have set alarm bells ringing. Joe did not plan a future with her by this point. And certainly not one where he would be reliant on her income and coerced into appearing in vlogs (like Erik and Colleen Ballinger).
Yes makes you wonder if something had happened for them to have agreed this. Like they were on their final shot at making it work… It’s meantJoe held the cards. His flat and all set for a break up..

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.