Niomi Smart #7 by her Royal decree, Joey is free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s had the Kate Middleton treatment.

Part of her change in personality is just growing up and becoming an adult, knowing yourself better etc but I do think she puts on a bit of an act to appear posher.
But with growing up I expect people to get more comfortable in their skin and loosen up a bit. And she was very goofy and natural with Marcus, she was never goofy or laughed for real with Joe. She even said in the video with Marcus that she never used to laugh with her mouth open when she was young because she wanted to hide her teeth, the new Niomi would never admit that!

Reactions: 18
She’s had the Kate Middleton treatment.

Part of her change in personality is just growing up and becoming an adult, knowing yourself better etc but I do think she puts on a bit of an act to appear posher.
What do you mean by the KM treatment? I d seen a few comparisons on here against her! I don’t really understand why she’d want to appear posher!

Reactions: 2
What do you mean by the KM treatment? I d seen a few comparisons on here against her! I don’t really understand why she’d want to appear posher!
Because in her relationship she loved Joe way more than he loved her. She would give up a lot for him knowing that he wouldn't do that for her. If she wouldn't go with him to India he would go by himself. He just did whatever he wanted to do and came home after work to find Niomi who cooked a meal for him. She constantly says she is very independent but I don't think so. She did everything to become the woman that she think Joe would like: rich, always looking good, posh and nice. But I think deep down she knew that Joe has never loved her the way she loved him.

Reactions: 32
Just that Niomi has had a “glow up” that is very similar to Kate Middeton’s transformation into the “perfect princess”.

Kate hasn’t always looked and acted the way she does now. Kate has had elocution lessons and was also taught proper royal protocol for manners etc, she’s lost a lot of weight (she’s very very thin and used to be a bit more standard sized, called ‘waity Katey’ by the press) she’s been beautified to Royal Standards so the masses can gush about how “classy” and “royal” she is. This includes teeth, brows, hair, makeup, style of dress. Kate has deffo had some botox along the way. This hasn’t happened naturally, it’s image control.

Like Kate, Niomi has had this almost ‘royal treatment’ to transform her from a rather normal girl from a newly wealthy family to someone who can hobknob with a classier crowd because she looks and sounds the part. The teeth, the accent, the beauty maintenance that costs a few bob.

Reactions: 25
I think she may just be one of those people who takes on the traits of the partner they are with, whether it's Markeee or Joeeey.

Reactions: 24
Thanks both! I weirdly find the idea of a ‘glow up’ fascinating - probably because I’d like to be more polished myself just don’t know how / have the money.

Don’t fancy becoming boring though!

Reactions: 10
Kate hasn’t always looked and acted the way she does now. Kate has had elocution lessons and was also taught proper royal protocol for manners etc, she’s lost a lot of weight (she’s very very thin and used to be a bit more standard sized, called ‘waity Katey’ by the press)
Agree that Niomi has had a 'glow up' similar to Kate, but the fact that Kate was referred to as 'Waity Katie' had nothing to do with her weight - it was because she waited around for so long for Wills to propose. That's why the tabloid press dubbed her 'Waity Katie.'

Reactions: 47
Agree that Niomi has had a 'glow up' similar to Kate, but the fact that Kate was referred to as 'Waity Katie' had nothing to do with her weight - it was because she waited around for so long for Wills to propose. That's why the tabloid press dubbed her 'Waity Katie.'
Yes, you're right!

She was also called 'lazy' by the press a lot when she was younger. She had a hard time with them but now she looks and acts the part (aka zero personality whatsoever) the press love to fawn over her (or used her as the perfect model to compare someone else to...)

Reactions: 14
Her recent influencer chat video really changed my opinion of her. The things she says in it are completely delusional. I wonder now if it came from a defensive place after a conversation with Joe. I can't believe she can really think and say those things about herself, she's got it so wrong.

She doesn't see herself as an influencer at all, she hates being compared to other influencers because she thinks she's above them, she actually believes she only works with brands that completely align with her ethos (who knows that ethos is because by that logic it can't be anti-animal cruelty or sustainability), she doesn't see herself as someone who is constantly selling, and she thinks she is a private person.

If she's not an influencer, what does she think she is? Something creative? "Content creator"? What is that content? Most of the time, it's selling products. Influencer, walking advert, that is exactly what she is and she genuinely thinks she isn't.

Reactions: 42
Because in her relationship she loved Joe way more than he loved her. She would give up a lot for him knowing that he wouldn't do that for her. If she wouldn't go with him to India he would go by himself. He just did whatever he wanted to do and came home after work to find Niomi who cooked a meal for him. She constantly says she is very independent but I don't think so. She did everything to become the woman that she think Joe would like: rich, always looking good, posh and nice. But I think deep down she knew that Joe has never loved her the way she loved him.
They both loved the idea of the other person. I wouldn’t say she loved him more than he loved her. I think the transformation into rigid socialite would’ve happened with or without Joe.

Reactions: 9
I have to be honest, she ought to ditch Gleam, what a bunch of dim idiots! Everyone knows it’s impossible to successfully launch a skin care range without being hella knowledgable on the subject, networked like Caroline (who at least was smart enough to write a book) and a deep wallet. I think there is zero effort with her brand, because like Lydia with the mits, it was an idea some fool came up with years back, attached her name to in exchange for a share of whatever profits (there won’t be) and it’s nothing truly exiting and worse still they know will be a flop. That’s why I feel it’s all an afterthought but something they’ve apparently been working on for years?! Mad.

Her managers (if they had half a brain) would have advised her to do yoga teacher training years ago and focused solely on nutrition (write another book) and yoga (launch mats, yoga clothes of which she clearly is passionate about and her style of choice anyways), related gumph like journals, stones etc all under the Smart Yoga brand.

Dear lord it pains me and I’m not in marketing!!!

Oh and if SHE had half a brain (should do having studied law?!) then her India stint should have been one 500hr yoga teacher training. She wouldn’t have been lonely, would have met foreigners AND importantly would have come away qualified and able to utilise the experience to turn a coin by building her brand.

She would have gained a new following if she vlogged it and wouldn’t feel so bitter about Joeeyy misleading her (which he did).

I can’t understand women who lose their minds over a man, get a bleeping grip! Love and a partner is meant to complement an already full life, not be the making or breaking of it 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I have to be honest, she ought to ditch Gleam, what a bunch of dim idiots! Everyone knows it’s impossible to successfully launch a skin care range without being hella knowledgable on the subject, networked like Caroline (who at least was smart enough to write a book) and a deep wallet. I think there is zero effort with her brand, because like Lydia with the mits, it was an idea some fool came up with years back, attached her name to in exchange for a share of whatever profits (there won’t be) and it’s nothing truly exiting and worse still they know will be a flop. That’s why I feel it’s all an afterthought but something they’ve apparently been working on for years?! Mad.

Her managers (if they had half a brain) would have advised her to do yoga teacher training years ago and focused solely on nutrition (write another book) and yoga (launch mats, yoga clothes of which she clearly is passionate about and her style of choice anyways), related gumph like journals, stones etc all under the Smart Yoga brand.

Oh and if SHE had half a brain (should do having studied law?!) then her India stint should have been one 500hr yoga teacher training. She wouldn’t have been lonely, would have met foreigners AND importantly would have come away qualified and able to utilise the experience to turn a coin by building her brand.

She would have gained a new following if she vlogged it and wouldn’t feel so bitter about Joeeyy misleading her (which he did).

I can’t understand women who lose their minds over a man, get a bleeping grip! Love and a partner is meant to complement an already full life, not be the making or breaking of it 🙄
Absolutely this re. marketing. Yet she said soon after her first book that she wouldn't be doing another food book (she was hardly full of ideas to begin with). And the skincare line is 100% a knee jerk reaction to the pile-on she experienced when she tried to flog that Boots range. It was by far the strongest response she had ever received, so she took that to mean that people wanted a different kind of skincare from her.

Fast-forward to Smart Skin, some close-ups of oranges, and Niomi and 'friends' posing in front of an unironed bedsheet. I mean...yay

Reactions: 11

YES! You need to be a life coach or something lol

• Haha
Reactions: 20

You should charge a fee cause there's a lot of useful stuff you wrote here! But the issue might be that influencers don't always listen to managers/advisors because getting praise every day about how amazing, smart, original, independent girl boss you are probably makes them arrogant (just look at Lydia as a prime example).
I also don't think she really respected Indian culture enough to really appreciate what she had there. She seems a sweet girl but not humble in any way and don't think she values anything that's not Soho, posh, west London or royal.

Reactions: 19
I don't see how her and Joe were ever a couple to be married, literally zero chemistry. It's hard to judge if that was just Joe's shyness on camera but they felt almost awkward together. Did anyone get kinda first dates awkward vibes from them even though they were together for years?
Honestly if they were an alcohol they'd be one of those supermarket wines that tries to have a fancy bottle but tastes of nothing. Why on earth does somebody want to act posh I don't see any appeal in that.

Reactions: 26
I don't see how her and Joe were ever a couple to be married, literally zero chemistry. It's hard to judge if that was just Joe's shyness on camera but they felt almost awkward together. Did anyone get kinda first dates awkward vibes from them even though they were together for years?
Honestly if they were an alcohol they'd be one of those supermarket wines that tries to have a fancy bottle but tastes of nothing. Why on earth does somebody want to act posh I don't see any appeal in that.
My thoughts exactly. Niomi said they never even said a “cross word” to each other. I find that odd. To never fight with your partner, not even once?! That points to a lack of passion, in my opinion.

I don’t think they spent that much time together, and when they did due to coronavirus, they realised they didn’t have a deep connection.

Reactions: 24
My thoughts exactly. Niomi said they never even said a “cross word” to each other. I find that odd. To never fight with your partner, not even once?! That points to a lack of passion, in my opinion.

I don’t think they spent that much time together, and when they did due to coronavirus, they realised they didn’t have a deep connection.
Niomi also seems like someone who'd pretend everything is fine even if they ever fought

You should charge a fee cause there's a lot of useful stuff you wrote here! But the issue might be that influencers don't always listen to managers/advisors because getting praise every day about how amazing, smart, original, independent girl boss you are probably makes them arrogant (just look at Lydia as a prime example).
I also don't think she really respected Indian culture enough to really appreciate what she had there. She seems a sweet girl but not humble in any way and don't think she values anything that's not Soho, posh, west London or royal.
Don’t think she knew India was the heart of yoga seeing as she was surprised they eat a lot vegan foods in their culture, I mean wow! Maybe she never qualified as no one can be that daft surely?! 😂 Especially ridiculous seeing as the boyfriend of dreams was always there?! They must have never spoke!

Oh and I think her influencer video was following on from something Joey or his family said as they break up and she’s gone and done more ADs on Insta in a month than she did the whole previous year!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I don’t understand what’s the strategy of only revealing the smart skin muses so close to the launch. Granted they’re lovely women, but shouldn’t we also be seeing something about the actual products? Or at least, what are the “smart skin muses” skin concerns? How did that impact the final product design? How is this brand different from what’s already on the market? The launch is in less than a week! I. Do. Not. Understand.

• Wow
T
Don’t think she knew India was the heart of yoga seeing as she was surprised they eat a lot vegan foods in their culture, I mean wow! Maybe she never qualified as no one can be that daft surely?! 😂 Especially ridiculous seeing as the boyfriend of dreams was always there?! They must have never spoke!

Oh and I think her influencer video was following on from something Joey or his family said as they break up and she’s gone and done more ADs on Insta in a month than she did the whole previous year!!!!
Tbh...India is place with a lot of people who eat veg but vegan is a new thing kind of ...mostly it's a trend these days for some.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.