Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nataly7

I don't think anyone was suggesting it was definitely a new, official relationship. It could obviously be a random hookup. But in any case the hand-holding definitely means it was romantic, not platonic. (if the whole thing is true) I absolutely do not see Niomi holding hands with a 'guy' friend (does she even have any real guy friends?? She seems to only ever hang out with girls... At least since she stopped hanging out with Jim Chapman)
Do you know why she stopped hanging out with Jim? I remember he was her rock when she broke up with Marcus.

Reactions: 4

mg95

VIP Member
That was just for the Hello World show they were all apart of a few years back (very controversial event). The "active" mention on CompaniesHouse isn't always reliable.
Niomi wasn't part of Hello World. But I do think this company is an umbrella for the various tours the Gleam team did to promote books and the like.

FS123

Same. Do you remember in earlier threads, before the break-up drama, Niomi was so boring we ended up just talking about tea. And look at the start of this thread - we've gone full circle! Although some of us (myself included) are now drinking fancy Pukka teas 🤣
I want to see her work her magic to get us to buy her skincare. Next thread is going to be all about that, I feel it.

emm

VIP Member
Saw her moving Pic... Does she ever wear a mask during this pandemic or does she think her face is too pretty for a mask? :rolleyes:
are there any influencers who follow the rules?! it doesn't seem it

I can’t quote but agree about the avoidance piece. My ex told me mid-breakup that he’d been staying super late at work and doing more work travel to avoid coming home to me.

And yes, that is exactly as soul-destroying as it sounds at the end of a 7 year relationship 😂

As an aside, I’ve been so reassured to read so many people on here saying that they’ve found breakups hard to get over. It makes me feel so much more normal. I seem to be the only one I know, even in my extended circle, to have been broken up with, and I think most people just have no clue about how painful and horrendous it can be.

Closure comes from unexpected places 🙂
i can'tbelieve noone around you has beeen through one!

Over_this

I don’t know how many of you watch Annie Jaffrey, but she is launching her brand in a week’s time. She also hasn’t shown any of the products but it sounds like it’s not just skin care but maybe wellbeing products as well, not sure. But she and her fiancé have been working hard on this brand for a few years, and I’m sure it’s going to be really successful. She seems so much more mature than Niomi and only a couple of years older, but she takes everything she does really seriously and I would absolutely consider buying from her brand, whereas I see no reason why I would buy skincare from Niomi. Annie’s brand reached 10k followers on Instagram after 3 days. Smart Skin has had Instagram for 2 months and has less followers. Seems so badly managed. Could be another fiasco like her Boots range 😕

toanna1

If Niomi ended this then the way she’s spoken about it is a bit psychopathic...all the ‘traumatic’ and ‘Joe’s nOt a BaD pErsOn’ I dunno I just don’t see it tbh
But she called it shitstorm ... soooo .. also she unfollowed Joe first , If she left Joe then he wouldn’t be still around on her SM

Have to say I am quite shocked if this is true. She’s such a drip I really can’t imagine her getting on the wagon so soon after Joeyyyy. Crikey Nimbobs maybe she has taken our advice and is having some mad post breakup sexy times. She’ll be snorting a white substance at the Sloany Pony in no time!
From her stories yesterday 50 shades of grey style ? !! 👀

that girl is soo confused! Looks like she doesn’t know who she is ! She doesn’t have any good projects that run long run , starts something and then never talks about it afterwards , acting like she is doing great post break up obviously acting because she don’t know how to portray the real self post break up (just goes to prove she acts or that she never loved Joe ) ! She is confused and she can’t differentiate between the raw her and the SM her and it’s all messed up ! May be she should seek therapy if she isn’t already , I know SM gives a lot of people ( including many of us )the need to portray a perfect life because that’s what we see online fro others , nobody showsor very few shows the real side of life on SM. With that being her career , it is not surprising she is confused and having identity crisis doing this 24*7

how many of us take a SM Break when we are exhausted from it ? ProbBly many of us does , or atleast we try for a break !

She can’t even do that as it is her career and she doesn’t look like she is someone who can navigate these smartly ! If only she was as smart as her last name !!

Last edited:

emm

VIP Member
They definitely ended it a while ago.

Shame really because subscription boxes are proving very popular, and if they handled it properly it could've been quite good for their target market. Don't think they marketed it well though to grow it.
yeh especially now, all delivery companies are doing well i imagine, it was so hard for me to sign up to a veg box, i finally managed to in about may

Imwaiting

I've written that reply before I caught up with the rest of the thread, but apparently it's sustainable palm oil. Not an expert on skincare so couldn't comment in detail but I don't understand why it's necessary, whether it's sustainable or not. Is it merely a cost cutting option?
The website says this. Not to defend her but it seems legit.
Does anyone know if her boots range contained palm oil?
SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL (RSPO)
- A Global Standard for Sustainable Palm Oil
The Smart Skin team thought long and hard about whether or not to include Palm Oil into our Face Oil. We researched, we listened, and we learned. In the end, after digging deep into this ingredient, we learnt the following:
  • Palm Oil is an extremely efficient crop, meaning we can yield up to 10 times the amount of palm oil per area of land compared to coconut oil, for example.
  • It is also reported that palm oil trees do not require as many pesticides or fertilisers to be used when growing them, compared to other alternative oils.
  • The palm oil industry offers jobs to over 25 million people living in poverty in developing countries.
In the end, we understood that as long as RSPO (Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil) certified palm oil is used, we could actually make a positive ethical impact. The RSPO has developed a set of environmental and social criteria which companies must comply with in order to produce Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO). When they are properly applied, these criteria can help to minimise the negative impact of palm oil cultivation on the environment and communities in palm oil-producing regions.

098zyx

Who is doing the graphics for Smart Skin Instagram? They're shocking. I can't even read the text. Software like Canva exists these days, so there is no excuse.

And only 9k followers? What a flop. That's 0.6% of her followers.
And less than 300 likes...engagement is so low I would say she’s bought the followers~~

• Wow

EGuyUK

VIP Member
Note they are not actually certified yet, probably just paid for the licence:

' We’re honoured to carry the COSMOS license and aim to have all products within the Smart Skin range COSMOS certified by 2021. '

Palm Oil - they state it is used in their face oil.

'
SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL (RSPO)
- A Global Standard for Sustainable Palm Oil
The Smart Skin team thought long and hard about whether or not to include Palm Oil into our Face Oil. We researched, we listened, and we learned.
In the end, we understood that as long as RSPO (Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil) certified palm oil is used, we could actually make a positive ethical impact. '

• Sad

Ramster93

Chatty Member
It's sad, really. Sure she'll introduce him soon and this same cycle of Marcus/Joe will be repeated again.

Purgerica

Pukka tea has been bought out by Unilever so the quality has probably gone down, plus it isn't a very ethical multinational.

Teapigs is a faux brand by Tetley / Tata (the same multinational that makes those sustainable land rovers nims spoke about 😆).

I tend to get yogi as it's still independent or clipper
We get real dried camomile and mint sent by my BFs dad from the mountains so that's what I make when we're sick cause it's really great, most days too lazy to make loose leaves so its Smuggler's brew for breakfast, sometimes Yogi women's tea after lunch and Cupper Liquorice and Peppermint in the evening (that thing is seriously addictive and sometimes I have to check several stores cause it will be sold out).
I have Pukka Peace atm and it's nice but not spectacular

Reactions: 3

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
i am actually in shock at that quote... lockdown didn't teach her to value health, cherish loved ones... it taught her about skincare .. i am speechless
I hate to stick up for her, but I imagine dhe was being interviewed about the range and trying to shoehorn it into all her anwsers. Then combined that with a badly edited article that was chopped and tweaked.

Awful.

TamaraSz

wow this is absolutely when things began going downhill for him. I didnt realize this sort of thing was happening way back in 2018. dude I bet JOEEEYYYY was just imaging having to come home & eat some cardboard and rabbit food dinner & was dreading it (the first time we see him properly after that vlog he is eating a monster steak at dinner after they went ice skating xD). he prob was livin it up eating amazing street food & all sorts of things in India and not having an insane routined schedule & likely realized he hadn't felt that relaxed & happy in years. usually being away from your love for weeks would make you wish they were with you experiencing those things but in his case he probably realized how many experiences he was enjoying that he wouldn't be having at ALL if Niomi was there. I used to be vegan for about a year & travelling is one of the things that got me UNvegan bc it was so fking depressing. food is a visceral connection to cultures & being able to eat local things & street food is just such a fun human experience and makes you feel just..really alive? it may sound odd but I didnt realize all this until I couldnt have things anymore. it also seems like Joe likes to stay out and drink and have fun but bc of her insane schedule of HAVING to get to bed early so she can wake up at dawn to do 1 of her 12 daily workouts.

I definitely agree with what someone else said on here about Joe trying to convince himself of the relationship by getting engaged similar to a "baby bandaid". I would have spotted that shit so quick if I was Niomi though. not coming home from the airport then coming home late then leaving super early wouldve been enough for me to force a talk about the state of the relationship. I feel like they NEVER had a talk like that until he dumped her. I feel so bad for her but I want her to gd learn how to not live in such a bubble of denial constantly and it doenst look like that is going to happen. :/
This!! (y)(y)(y) Exactly what I think.