Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rosie878

VIP Member
I think the products look nice but very heavy and anti-ageing for her target audience. The oil looks lovely but not great for combination skin (I wouldn’t buy as I think they’d break me out after a few days continuous use) with no real signs of ageing which is surely what a lot of her audience has.

Reactions: 3

emm

VIP Member
I will just pop on quickly on the Woodward family debate... Joe is an adult, and it was his decision to date Niomi - he probably knew what she was doing before their first date (but since he took her to a steakhouse... he probably just checked how she looked, and nothing else lol).

And while I agree, that his family should intervene if/when things started to spiral (regarding ED), I think its too much to say, that his family should have a say on what she can share online, and what she cant (unless it concerns them, and their privacy ofc!). For example, if they would have kids, I think the decision should be made by Niomi and Joe, and not papa and momma Woodward. And if his family (like his brother) intervened at some point I can see why things started to flop. It's never easy to choose between your partner and your family (and I feel it should never be the case).

Also, I weirdly like her flat. The wardrobe is a bit... weird, but overall, it looks nice. :)
I'm surprised she wasn't pissed off at that, him eating meat on a date is one thing, but to take her somewhere there is probably nothing she can eat on the menu seems insensitive? There are so many cuisines with lots of vegan options is hardly like he needed to take her to a vegan only place (middle eastern, italian, indian) it would've been so easy. I would see this as a bit of a red flag tbh

I will just pop on quickly on the Woodward family debate... Joe is an adult, and it was his decision to date Niomi - he probably knew what she was doing before their first date (but since he took her to a steakhouse... he probably just checked how she looked, and nothing else lol).

And while I agree, that his family should intervene if/when things started to spiral (regarding ED), I think its too much to say, that his family should have a say on what she can share online, and what she cant (unless it concerns them, and their privacy ofc!). For example, if they would have kids, I think the decision should be made by Niomi and Joe, and not papa and momma Woodward. And if his family (like his brother) intervened at some point I can see why things started to flop. It's never easy to choose between your partner and your family (and I feel it should never be the case).

Also, I weirdly like her flat. The wardrobe is a bit... weird, but overall, it looks nice. :)
yeh I also don't think it is true wealthy people always want to stay out of the spotlight (Made in Chelsea anyone?) it might have been true in the past but nowadays i dont think so

Last edited:

saywhat22

Well she was moving for him. She wouldn't have moved to India if it wasn't for him... but I get your point about like divvying up tasks and she probably could have done a better job of that for sure! But she did take responsibility for like completely doing their home in India, furniture and everything. It was for a video series lol but she still was doing it

et5

I've made a few things from her book in the past and they were fine. Nothing life changing. But a lot of the ingredients were obscure gluten/dairy alternatives that I didn't have/couldn't find easily at the store and so I would just google some similar recipe online lol. I do think Eat Smart was kind of the height of her success and she hasn't really achieved anything else since then.
Yeah that's what I hate about books like that - unless you are as health conscious/have as much time as Niomi the ingredients can be a struggle. Oh well it was only £2 so will give it a go!

Miss Sparkles

Have just watched Amelia Liana latest video, she gets sent a jumpsuit from her wedding dress designer as the designer said that she wanted to use the fabric and didn’t want the deposit to be wasted.
Niomi should take note. Amelia mentions about her failed engagement and doesn’t take herself too seriously.

All through Amelia's failed engagement she talked about it to her followers rather than being fake and acting like she was over it, because of this I liked her even more, she just seems a lot more real.
I just watched this. Yes, how mature she came across and acknowledging it. Niomi is not fooling anyone.

Miss Sparkles

This seemed a bookend to the 2018 vlogmas one. From 5.00 Joe had just come back from stag weekend with the boys and came straight to see her and work from home. Sad to think it was only months before December 2018.

Last edited:

Miss Sparkles

My thoughts, I sort of appreciate the work that InTheFrow does on a campaign or product launch. You get the impression she puts the work and time in.

BigQueenEnergy

As others have the build up to the brand is very strange as is the branding. I think we/she needs to be careful - her brand is My Smart Skin, there is a other company called Smart Skin 😬
Nah, it's definitely called Smart Skin. I looked up her company name on the uk gov website 😉 Smart Skincare Ltd

zizzly

But before she announced it ..we know what all she did on her instagram ..she announced it when all the upset acts were out of it system.

Reactions: 2

QueenDecember

VIP Member
Have you guys heard any reviews? I just spent a few minutes googling around the internet and couldn’t find any. Just reviews for a smart skin spa 🙃

emm

VIP Member
Yes I agree. It’s all a bit “off” for me, the photography, the launch, the whole thing. I have a bit of second hand embarrassment for her. I’m going to wait to see how it is all received and then going to quit Niomi altogether. I just don’t vibe her at all anymore, not even to gossip about
that latest foto of her on their instagram page is awful! why would they post this?!

saywhat22

Joe was there for the photoshoot day with the team and appeared to be at a desk working on a laptop at the time. Maybe she wanted to put him to use working on her products and he felt badly being relegated from CMO of a team to marketing these products. for his fiance. It was right before the break-up. All little things leading up to the final break obviously.

Anyway, these things look like products you'd see discounted on the shelves of TK Maxx in a few years that you'd pick up when you're low on skincare and feeling adventurous or thrifty.

I feel like it could've gone two ways - Joe takes advantage of the fact that his fiance is CEO and makes Smart Skin his baby project to prove himself. OR he's relegated to the back and becomes resentful and they split. Lol obviously something like the latter happened? But it's hard to know who was more.. at fault? Like clearly Niomi isn't really involved with the brand.

FS123

She probably has enough die hard fans to make a start. How else would she have gotten investors? Our girl is a funny one...