Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Note they are not actually certified yet, probably just paid for the licence:

' We’re honoured to carry the COSMOS license and aim to have all products within the Smart Skin range COSMOS certified by 2021. '

Palm Oil - they state it is used in their face oil.

'
SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL (RSPO)
- A Global Standard for Sustainable Palm Oil
The Smart Skin team thought long and hard about whether or not to include Palm Oil into our Face Oil. We researched, we listened, and we learned.
In the end, we understood that as long as RSPO (Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil) certified palm oil is used, we could actually make a positive ethical impact. '
No palm oil would be far better than sustainable palm oil really.

Reactions: 5

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
So ladies! What do we think? 🤗

Was the Smart Skin launch a success or a flop... 👀
Probably not a total flop, but having launched the products she’s only gained another 3.7k followers today and the majority of the orders she’s shown on her stories were for one product each, so not the best either

star_star

Guys, I think the person who posted about Niomi being very controlling and hiding food from Joe is onto something. I specifically remember one packing video with an instance of hiding stuff (food) from Joe, I thought at the time, oh how strange I'd never have done something like that. (I specifically tellmy partner where some products are so we don't overbuy stuff and don't waste food etc.)

Here's the clip: 12 to 16 min

It also shows how inconsistent Niomi is with her views and believes, she goes on about beeswax, not buying too much stuff etc. and then there is this massive basket of weird bottles of supplements she doesn't even take. Also notice the comment Joe makes of him being sick a lot. The diet (presumably forced) did not do him any good, his immunity must have been very low.

Last edited:

mindlessness

VIP Member
Literally I just can't understand it. She doesn't have the audience to buy this off name recognition alone. Why would a casual viewer spend £24 on a brand that has no proof it works and uses questionable ingredients when you can buy The Inkey List and The Ordinary for less than a tenner?
I feel like even 5 years ago people were less ‘clued in’ to science and brands like TO and Inkey List hadn’t changed the affordable market for the better. Plus Niomi probably had more selling power. I can see the brand being marginally successful back then.

TamaraSz

Re watching this...

He seems so excited and loves India, whilst I got the impression she would of preferred Sydney, LA or New York. Also it seems as if Joe would have gone with or without her.
Definitely, and deep down he may have hoped she wouldn't come with him.

EGuyUK

VIP Member
I wonder how she’d go if London went into a lockdown like Melbourne’s just been through and she could only leave her apartment for one hour a day for a walk and groceries 😲
She'd get everything delivered for free #gifted

Over_this

dude I'm getting reminded of when I first noticed Zoe's censored comment section...Gleam must have a team of 100 people scouring all of their influencers' social media to delete EVERY SINGLE even REMOTELY critical, even when its POLITE critical, comments. her engagement isn't that bad, it's that if the comment isnt 100% entirely positive, she Restricts the user so they still see their comment, but no one else can. I know bc I tried twice on 2 different accounts & tried to be as kind/polite as possible showering her with compliments between some very light criticism, and within an hour they were both Restricted so they werent visible on other accounts I checked from. the level of fakeness plus censorship on her platforms is so infuriatingly dishonest it's insane. I get deleting super mean comments, but polite comments offering some constructive criticism? this bitch is literally never going to grow & learn. she wants only Yes-men fans and refuses to acknowledge her own feelings, sustaining her eternal emotional constipation. maybe she really is a sociopath.
Loving this detective work! This is true of so many influencers, it’s all just so fake. I’m so done with it all.

kittymeowlondon

Chatty Member
her bit at 13:06 "say exactly how you feel, cos i dont think we say it enough" seemed like a TOTAL dig at Joe,
do you think they just did not communicate?

Sol

Ok, i watched an entire 'presentation' (🤣🤣🤣) on insta. The first bizarre thing was her not doing any sport in this early 'not even seven' morning. Come on, girl be consistent! It wan't a vlog but i expected her to sprint..
As for products - i listened through entire thing, and had a feeling it's a bunch of farely nice ingredients all mixed together. The main and tragic reason i will not buy any of it is quite simple - i don't trust. Well, maybe a washcloth has some future, but the rest... Adios

Last edited:

EGuyUK

VIP Member
The website says this. Not to defend her but it seems legit.
Does anyone know if her boots range contained palm oil?
SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL (RSPO)
- A Global Standard for Sustainable Palm Oil
The Smart Skin team thought long and hard about whether or not to include Palm Oil into our Face Oil. We researched, we listened, and we learned. In the end, after digging deep into this ingredient, we learnt the following:
  • Palm Oil is an extremely efficient crop, meaning we can yield up to 10 times the amount of palm oil per area of land compared to coconut oil, for example.
  • It is also reported that palm oil trees do not require as many pesticides or fertilisers to be used when growing them, compared to other alternative oils.
  • The palm oil industry offers jobs to over 25 million people living in poverty in developing countries.
In the end, we understood that as long as RSPO (Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil) certified palm oil is used, we could actually make a positive ethical impact. The RSPO has developed a set of environmental and social criteria which companies must comply with in order to produce Certified Sustainable Palm Oil (CSPO). When they are properly applied, these criteria can help to minimise the negative impact of palm oil cultivation on the environment and communities in palm oil-producing regions.
The Boots range was full of standard palm oil

• Angry

lemonlime

VIP Member
Is it sustainably sourced palm oil?

If not... she's incredibly full of shit
I've written that reply before I caught up with the rest of the thread, but apparently it's sustainable palm oil. Not an expert on skincare so couldn't comment in detail but I don't understand why it's necessary, whether it's sustainable or not. Is it merely a cost cutting option?

emm

VIP Member

This seemed a bookend to the 2018 vlogmas one. From 5.00 Joe had just come back from stag weekend with the boys and came straight to see her and work from home. Sad to think it was only months before December 2018.
her constant use of literally is driving me mad... OT but does anyone else think Venetia looks so much skinnier now than in this video? I think she looks much better here tbh

Silly Sausage

VIP Member
She had another one of those craaaazy, buuuuusy days, guys! They had to drop Daisy May off at school and meet the movers at the storage unit, and then she had to unpack. Gosh, I'm just happy I don't live such a hectic life, poor Niomi, no wonder she's exhausted, I hope she takes a self-care day soon!
She had to unbox not unpack!! 🤷‍♀️😂

• Haha

xits_jjx

VIP Member
4 weeks and she’s healed? She’s either kidding herself and trying to kid her viewers too or she’s a robot!
To be fair I got out of a 2 year relationship and felt better after 4 weeks because deep down I knew it wasn't working. IDK how long they've been together but it is possible that she's probably feeling fine now

I had a cursory look at two of the products. The meta mask seems to have good and minimal ingredients.

overall it seems.. fine. Meh

Edit: oh sorry, it’s not a vitamin C moisturiser! I deleted that part of my comment. I got confused coz of the C in the name. My bad! It still seems to have a lot of unnecessary ingredients for a moisturiser though.

Also I find it a bit strange how they have such diverse women as muses, with presumably different skin types and concerns, but when they release the products now suddenly it’s “this will work for everyone”. Maybe it will idk 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

toanna1

she definitely must be reading here. If you just simply google Niomi and Joe's names tattle threads are in the top results! highly possible she might have checked that for knowing what is being written!