Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title: dreamy Joe eating his weight in steak, Niomi pretending time healed the heartbreak

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Its a typical youtube break up, just like Estee-Aslan. Breaking up, not mentioning it, then having to mention it because everyone asks you about the ex, then moving into your own place, hanging out with your girl gang, taking your clothes off to make your ex jealous, and hanging out with everyone that you have been ignoring, claiming that you are living your best life, buy crystals and do horoscopes

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Its a typical youtube break up, just like Estee-Aslan. Breaking up, not mentioning it, then having to mention it because everyone asks you about the ex, then moving into your own place, hanging out with your girl gang, taking your clothes off to make your ex jealous, and hanging out with everyone that you have been ignoring, claiming that you are living your best life, buy crystals and do horoscopes
Ah yes, I was wondering why it was all too familiar.

Reactions: 6
All the cuts while she's talking about the breakup in this new video made me think that she probably did start to show some emotion/her voice broke/she teared up but she chose to cut, calm down, and then go back to filming. I don't know why she doesn't understand that being a robot isn't a good look on someone who's supposed to be connecting with people for her career, but it's also the way she handles everything and as someone who does similar things when upset, I also can't blame her.

I definitely feel like at 9 minutes in, it looks like Niomi has spent the entire night and/or morning crying.
Definitely. Her eyes are super puffy and her face looks tired. At the very least, she cried a bit in the evening and then couldn't sleep.

Reactions: 19
I wonder if he has asked her to address it due to the hate he is getting? Especially as she says 'please respect his privacy' etc...although I swear she was saying he is a good person through gritted teeth!

Reactions: 21
everything is always the best it's ever been. relationship with joey was the happiest she's ever been, now that they've broken up and she's on the right path it's the best thing ever, and when they get back together i bet that will be the best thing ever too

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The timing couldn’t be worse. She’s got a skin care line coming out premised on her personal formula for happiness and wellbeing. She has no choice but to dust herself on and get on with it. I think it’s healthy that she’s not showing us every minute of her daily breakdowns - and she’s not pretending that they’re not happening by the way.

Reactions: 9
@woodlandfairy not sure if you're from London but it's insanely expensive to buy here. For the kind of flat in the kind of area Niomi would want (e.g Fulham, Notting Hill) even she might not be able to afford that on her own.
yeah, not from London, but yeah I just assumed given the Youtube+Insta #AD posts money, she would be able to buy something, but just had a look at prices and perhaps not. Also, I may overestimate how much Niomi makes based off Zoella and her mansion.

Reactions: 5
“WE feel like everything is meant to happen for a reason, this is life’s funny old way of putting us back on the right path”

Assuming he broke up with her that makes no sense at all! She makes it sound like the universe intervened!

Amelia came out, said it how it was & moved on. It made her seem so much more genuine & relatable.

She doesn’t have to spill the gory details but she can be real without doing that!
She simply doesn't want to say he was the one initiating the breakup. In her mind admitting she's the rejected one doesn't make her look good.
Looking good is how she makes money.

She must be a very superficial person.
People with authentic, deep feelings could never seriously say that a few weeks of 'self-love' allowed them to move on from the person they were so excited to get married and spend their whole life with.
It sounds totally ridiculous. It's honestly sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
Two weeks ago, literally TWO weeks ago she was alluding to a shitstorm!! Talking about how she was going to put herself first... tons of other passive aggressive comments from Niomi. They were engaged and now after four years suddenly everything happens for a reason and self love in a matter of weeks has healed her? Sorry but no.

Why does everything have to be just so so in her life? There's no shame in heartbreak. In order to get over it you have to go through it. She's in denial right now and it will hit her hard in a few weeks. I feel sorry for her but she needs to stop micro managing her feelings and her break up.

Reactions: 39
Oh, Niomi. The "everything happens for a reason, guys, tra la la; it's MEANT to be this way; I'm being guided to my right path" people of the world drive me UP A WALL. As someone who lost my only sibling and mother within a few months, this is such an excruciatingly cruel thing to say. And I hear it all the time! Try flipping out these shallow platitudes to someone who's lost a loved one to COVID this year, or their house or their job...it's just so incredibly privileged and unrealistic. It's basically saying to someone, "You were always supposed to suffer."

(No offense to anyone here who personally believes in predestination. I just can't stand it. The "everything happens for a reason" BS reeks of toxic positivity and shallow emotional intelligence, in my opinion. I'm truly sorry if I've hurt anyone in any way with this post!)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
That video was ridiculous. She is a head. This drama has ran its course for me, she’s dull again.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
He definitely didn’t cheat. Interesting how she kind of made it seem like it was a mutual thing with the “we think” (maybe it was) but I highly doubt it.

She’s in such a rush to tie it all with a pretty big bow and insinuating like she’s done healing and over it. Healing isn’t linear and it’s not a 4 week time slot that you just check off. But it is niomi after all 🤷🏻‍♀️
It is very odd. As she said in the beginning it was "traumatic." If they were in agreement, would she have said that? She also said it was a "shitstorm."

Reactions: 8
Two weeks ago, literally TWO weeks ago she was alluding to a shitstorm!! Talking about how she was going to put herself first... tons of other passive aggressive comments from Niomi. They were engaged and now after four years suddenly everything happens for a reason and self love in a matter of weeks has healed her? Sorry but no.
This is what's annoying me most about it. I get not wanting to show you're devastated - but she's already set us up for that. One minute it's all traumatising, an awful time, she's gone home to her Mum, replying positively to comments that imply Joe has treated her poorly in some way...then we get this video where it's now an amicable break up full of love, magical memories, she's good and on the right path that she wasn't before. I definitely don't expect her to be bawling her eyes out on Instagram to prove how upset she is, but all this faux happiness is a bit much. You can act like you're doing better and getting on without your life without going OTT on the toxic positivity IMO, and it's because she's going so OTT with it that people in the comments are saying it's fake. Nobody is that happy after a break up, nobody is fine weeks after a 4 year relationship ends let alone an engagement, if she just toned it down a little it would be more authentic.

Reactions: 27
Well niomi just put the poshest voice on I’ve ever heard from her, and how many cuts did that video have.
shes so fake, she’s definitely hoping they get back together, how can you have no hard feelings when one week you are asking your friend to be a bridesmaid then 2 weeks later it’s over.
very fake reaction and she’s just not very relatable.
She sounded like Kate Middleton!!!! Has she had elocution lessons?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
This is what's annoying me most about it. I get not wanting to show you're devastated - but she's already set us up for that. One minute it's all traumatising, an awful time, she's gone home to her Mum, replying positively to comments that imply Joe has treated her poorly in some way...then we get this video where it's now an amicable break up full of love, magical memories, she's good and on the right path that she wasn't before. I definitely don't expect her to be bawling her eyes out on Instagram to prove how upset she is, but all this faux happiness is a bit much. You can act like you're doing better and getting on without your life without going OTT on the toxic positivity IMO, and it's because she's going so OTT with it that people in the comments are saying it's fake. Nobody is that happy after a break up, nobody is fine weeks after a 4 year relationship ends let alone an engagement, if she just toned it down a little it would be more authentic.
I understand promoting positivity and wellness to a point. The levels of toxic positivity in this video is not going to benefit Niomi in the long run... burying her head in the sand and promoting this idea that everything is just so so perfect and ok is not healthy. Healthy is processing emotions and taking time to heal.

As you said I don't expect her to offload her truths in a twenty minute video but to maintain this air of everything happens for a reason and healing in two weeks is really iffy to me after moving to India and back, an engagement and several moves? Healing isn't linear.

I think this hits home for a lot of people because everyone has experienced heartbreak and it's entirely disingenuous to maintain she's realised in a few weeks that it wasn't meant to be when two weeks ago it was a very different niomi. You don't heal in two weeks. I don't personally care about explanations but I don't like the toxic positivity she's airing to young women. If anything, processing it makes you stronger. Denial ain't the way.

If anything I think she's deeply hurt ( which is allowed) but using this video as the middle finger to Joe as proof that She's JUST FINE.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.