Niomi Smart #6 it’s smoothie bowl weather but they’re not together, feel new tea was the end of Joe’s tether

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I mentioned a while back, I got engaged the same day as Niomi and my fiancé left me end of July. So speaking from extremely comparable circumstances, I am offended by her approach to this!! Time really is a healer? Girl it has been 5 minutes!! It could really make people question themselves for taking a while to recover from a break up to hear that nonsense!! If she really is healed already, it can only be because she never truly loved him in the first place. No one ends an engagement after a 4 year relationship and is "healed" 6 bloody weeks later.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to eat a tub of ice cream and have a cry...

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Yes he definitely did break up with her from the way she says it but I think somewhere at the back of the mind she must have realized that they aren't compatible but kept going to avoid embarrassment and to not be associated with his name since they were planning a wedding. But now she realizes a little that whatever happens is for the best.

Reactions: 14
She's speaking very tenderly of him and their time together, I really doubt there is bad blood apart from a hurt pride and disappointment imo. I really doubt he cheated or done something objectively vile but I'm pretty sure he called it quits. (Not blaming him either, goodbye smoothie bowl weathers...) I think it's fair that she doesn't want to share the details; though I'm very curious lol. Her tone sounds a bit different from the inital afterwards but I guess that's natural. She sounded so frail when she was saying "He's a good person, he's not a bad person." I'm looking forward to see how this new phase will change her content, if it does. Compared to her incessant glowing thirst trap grid, her intro to the video felt much more real and authentic.

Edit: Regarding her banging on about time being a healer; recovery from anything is never a steady line. There will be ups and downs and she either thinks a feel-better phase is the be all end all or she's trying to convince herself by repeating it. It will probably hit her the most when she's in her new flat on her own. I don't envy her at all atm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I think she's also partly embarrassed. A few days before the breakup she's still calling him her prince and dreamy joe and then he dumps her. I think he's still her dream man but she's gutted because she's not his dream woman. That's why all this about the 'wrong path' and 'self-love'. what a hit to her self-esteem.

Reactions: 34
I think no matter how she would've made the announcement people would have had a problem. When she was emotional on Instagram it was wrong and when she's composed and cordial on YouTube it's wrong. The way she announced it today was very true to form. At least she finally said it. Have we ever seen Niomi throw a huge fit or have an outburst of emotion? It's not her personality. She talked about journaling and being in a dark place in previous videos. For a lot of introverts that's just how they deal/process things.
It’s not about the emotion displayed, she doesn’t need to have an outburst or cry. It’s the the words she’s saying are obviously bullshit and such a spin that it makes you roll your eyes. You’re either lying about feeling pretty good about your engagement ending or you never really wanted to marry the guy/never really loved him in the first place, in which case the last few years of content seem super weird.

I don’t know why people keep saying ’oh if she does x she’s wrong and now she does y and it’s wrong’. To me, she’s been on ONE mode this whole time so idk why people are acting as though she got super raw or real and was attacked for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The end of summer treat comment had me HOWLING. I’m truly gutted for her, and as others have said, it would be much better if she just came out, still composed and all, and said, it’s tit. I’m dealing with it, I’m ok, but it’s tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It’s not about the emotion displayed, she doesn’t need to have an outburst or cry. It’s the the words she’s saying are obviously bullshit and such a spin that it makes you roll your eyes. You’re either lying about feeling pretty good about your engagement ending or you never really wanted to marry the guy/never really loved him in the first place, in which case the last few years of content seem super weird.

I don’t know why people keep saying ’oh if she does x she’s wrong and now she does y and it’s wrong’. To me, she’s been on ONE mode this whole time so idk why people are acting as though she got super raw or real and was attacked for it.
I just don't expect much from her. She posted cringey thrist traps, she called the situation a shitstorm, she showed herself in bed with a box of chocolates, she talked about journaling, she said she's been in a "dark place". To me she's done all the classic break-up moves and now she's finally just said the words. She looked like she was choosing her words very carefully to stop herself from crying in the video intro. I don't think we will ever get her on camera saying "life's been tit and I'm embarrassed my engagement is over". That's just not who she is. Everything with Niomi is always surface level that's just her personality and the type of content she makes. Everyone gets themselves in a tizzy expecting otherwise.

Reactions: 17
"Everything happens for a reason" say that to literally anyone who isn't white and middle class

• Heart
Reactions: 30
As I mentioned a while back, I got engaged the same day as Niomi and my fiancé left me end of July. So speaking from extremely comparable circumstances, I am offended by her approach to this!! Time really is a healer? Girl it has been 5 minutes!! It could really make people question themselves for taking a while to recover from a break up to hear that nonsense!! If she really is healed already, it can only be because she never truly loved him in the first place. No one ends an engagement after a 4 year relationship and is "healed" 6 bloody weeks later.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to eat a tub of ice cream and have a cry...
AWw I'm so sorry, big hugs. <3

Reactions: 7
Now that she’s officially said they’ve split. wonder if/when she or Joe will delete some Instagram photos 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I seem to be in the minority but I think her response was really dignified and well done. It obviously wasn’t messy and raw but let’s be real, that’s not her style. She is clearly distraught but if putting on a happy face and doing fun things with her mum is what helps her then I think that’s a great way to take her mind off things! Kinda wish she’d stay with her parents and DM for a while though, if we have another lockdown (not the be THAT person but it’s likely in the UK with the infections climbing) she’s going to be alone for weeks or maybe even months...? With her mental state right now I don’t think that would be good

Reactions: 41
She's so controlling and possibly might have low emotional intelligence. Prime example is her already deleting any non positive comment, refusing to listen to what anyone else has to say. There is no such thing as 100% happy perfect life, there is only this moment right now and she's unable to live authentically always searching for "better". She's already filming everything for strangers to see, why not actually be vulnerable and say something short, sweet but real to make organic connections...oh that's right, she's an influencer, I almost forgot.

Reactions: 16
“If this year has taught us anything *giggle*...”. Some people lost relatives to Covid and livelihoods but Niomi is so gracious for moving on so quickly.

Reactions: 24
I am surprised she did that, but fair play. Her voice was pretty croaky and her eyes were red; I don't think she enjoyed that very much at all. It does indeed sound like she was dumped. I get trying to make the best of it but that was paaaaainful.

Reactions: 10
The break up announcement made me cringe so much. Royal family announcement is bang on. I think she was trying so hard to keep it classy that it just came across fake.

Reactions: 10
I've been in the 'Joe broke it off camp too' but one thing gives me pause. In the video she mentions that people should respect Joe's privacy and that he's a good guy. She didn't need to do that. I know I wouldn't if a guy dumped me when I'd been planning our wedding and gone so far to ask my friend to be bridesmaid. I'd feed him to the wolves! Her statement could have been written by a PR person. Very dignified indeed! And that's all we'll be getting! I never did think she'd spill all the gory details.

I'm holding out for the day when someone in the know spills the beans on here. Then again, I've been waiting for someone in the know to spill the beans about Martha Moo for months now.

Reactions: 19
That was uncomfortable to watch, it was so fake, her voice was so off you could hear she's not ok and its difficult for her to pretend she's all zen, but hey, even her break up has to be a beautiful experience right? She doesn't want to change her persona.
That video was something else, it's always fake beauty of life in her vlogs but this time she saw how fake it is and how wrong it is. That girl needs help and I mean it in a supportive way, she's falling apart.

Just watched the beginning of her video. Preliminary thoughts - I do feel bad for her. She’s definitely been dumped so I found it a bit weird for her to say that it’s a difficult time for Joe as well. Don’t get me wrong, I know breaking up with someone can be very distressing, but I wouldn’t say that on behalf of my ex for all the times I’ve been at the receiving end of it, no matter how civil they had been (which none of them have lol).

Anyway, I don’t typically watch Niomi, I followed this breakup because I kinda related to the situation a bit. But it’s clear that there’s not going to be any authenticity from her. I went through my last and most traumatic (lol sorry for using that word!) breakup over a year ago and there are times I still feel lost and betrayed. I think it’s going to be painful for me to watch her videos so she can go on about how time (i.e. 5-6 weeks) has healed her.

Reactions: 8
Having watched that awful video and seeing the comments she's deleting, I reckon she didn't even listen to Joe when he wanted to discuss their relationship or any issues. Or that she thought it wasn't her causing any problems. She lives in another world.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.