Niomi Smart #5 Onwards, upwards, but not Woodwards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine the awkwardness while watching that scene! So telling. Joe is sly, haha
Did they watch this movie together. I may have missed the vlog where she mentions it. When did they watch this?

Daisy mae was born May 2014, Niomi filmed her first video in march 2014. She wasnt filming at all during her mothers fertility struggles. Stop talking bs
She was on more marcus vlog every other day before starting her own channel. Dont comment when you don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Did they watch this movie together. I may have missed the vlog where she mentions it. When did they watch this?

She was on more marcus vlog every other day before starting her own channel. Dont comment when you don't know.
Why would she talk about her Mum’s fertility in her boyfriend’s vlog though?

Reactions: 69
Understandable.

I still think this.

No he works out too. He's in his 30s not his teens, no one has a good body without diet and exercise. I'm in the minority but i think he liked being plant based after india!
He also cooked and better than her, made some snarky remarks in the questions videos when asking what were her favorite meals. It's the absurd portion size that was the biggest issue and probably her freaking out if he added nonvegan foods in his diet but most of all her fear of bread

Reactions: 10
I just think Nims needs 6 months off and should go travelling / live somewhere else / get on the dating apps and have some wild post breakup sex. Then should train as a yoga teacher and start up her own studio ‘smart yoga’ or something along those lines. It’s clearly her passion and I actually think she’d be great at it & would be so interesting seeing the content of her building that up. Atm everything she is doing just comes across as so resentful and whilst I don’t blame her for feeling that way, it’s slightly different when you’re pumping that content out to 1.5 million people 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Rosanna commented “BAM” under her latest bikini picture!
Also her caption ... “ I haven’t been on holiday or had a break in nearly a year” hmmmmm, really?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
“Haven’t has a break in nearly a year”? Sorry. What?

Although I still feel for her, I am bored of this now. We know they’ve broken up, we know she’s angry and we know she’ll never really tell us anything (and fair enough). She won’t even say they’ve broken up. It’ll be back to normal viewing with contradictory statements, more examples of how happy and wonderful everything is. It’ll just be without Joe.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Rosanna commented “BAM” under her latest bikini picture!
Also her caption ... “ I haven’t been on holiday or had a break in nearly a year” hmmmmm, really?
This got me too, does she really think she hasn't had a break in nearly a year?!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Rosanna seems nice but it’s really helping this nonsense.

Niomi is clearly on another planet. Arsing around Soho House in India didn’t count?!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I still can't believe her and Joe and have broken their enagement.
Weirdly, I feel like like this can be a lesson to us all. We're always told ''Social media isn't real, blah blah'', but we tend to forget that, until something like this happens. This really solidified social media's facade for me.
I also suffer from an ED and lockdown has been tough. When I watched Niomi's ''What I Eat in Lockdown'', I literally cried after watching the video
because of how crappy it made me feel. I know technically it's not her fault but I felt so triggered by how much control she showed with her food and exercise when I was feeling esspecially out of control and hopeless in my relationship with food. I was having a really bad day that day, and watching that video was the icing on the cake for me.
I 100% agree with others about her smugness and constant showing off about Joe, alienating her viewers too. Again, my personal insecurities are definitely the reason I feel particularly affected by it, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she was always rubbing it in our faces about how great her life is. But with everything that's happened I'm now starting to feel that Niomi has always been overcompensating and using her viewer's envy of her ''perfect'' life to validate herself. Anyway, I wish her the best with this difficult time and I really hope it forces her to do some reflection and inner work, possibly with a counsellour. I don't think she's an inherently bad person, but I think we can agree she has things to work on, considering how she portray herself online.

Also wanted to add - for those saying that her disordered eating didn't impact her relationship with Joe, I personally disagree with that.
While I don't think it was the main cause of her engagement breaking, I do think it caused a significant strain in her relationship with him.
ED's do affect your relationships in general, whether it's platonic, romantic, or even with your family. Some of us could even see the tension and cracks caused by her rigidity with food, simply through her videos. I really hope this experience shows her that she needs to seek professional help to address her attitudes towards food and her self image. Self-care isn't going to a 50 quid an hour yoga class and wearing an expensive face mask. Real self-care is taking care of yourself by prioritizing your mental health.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Thread title idea:

A Plea: Joey, Freddie, spill that fennel tea!!

Someone asked earlier about how to fit that in. Hope it worked the way you meant it :)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She hasn’t had a break?! Or a vacation? This girl truly lives in another world. I CAN’T.

Reactions: 26
She hasn’t had a break?! Or a vacation? This girl truly lives in another world. I CAN’T.
Right? What has she been doing in the past month? She uploaded ONE video. She's delusional, it's getting boring now.

What about India? All she did was loaf at Soho House. Jesus.

Reactions: 21
i can count at least 3 breaks.....Indonesia, bath at christmas and Rye when she got proposed to.

Reactions: 29
Guys, but she was vlogging and posting on instagram then, that’s SO MUCH WORK!! Hahaha! Give me a break Niomi! seriously...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
She needs to marry a rich, older guy and just live her stepford wife dreams. I’m sorry but I truly think Joe dodged a bullet (and Marcus).

Right? What has she been doing in the past month? She uploaded ONE video. She's delusional, it's getting boring now.

In between her ayurveda course, shopping for custom furniture, and yoga classes.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Side note, but it's actually really nice to see her engaging with followers and replying to comments. She's a girl who wants support at a really crappy time in her life and it's a lovely group of people who follow her imo

Reactions: 8
i can count at least 3 breaks.....Indonesia, bath at christmas and Rye when she got proposed to.
She spends more time on a break than not!

Thread title idea:

A Plea: Joey, Freddie, spill that fennel tea!!

Someone asked earlier about how to fit that in. Hope it worked the way you meant it :)
Brilliant.

She wouldn't know a hard day's work if it hit her in the face!

Joe dodged a (nutri) bullet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.