Niomi Smart #45 Fourchette la baguette and Donkey in the shed, are they engaged yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not writing off everybody who is saying he cheated but just hear me out, what if landing from his flight & going “back to work” was really code for eating hamburgers?
Yeah maybe Niomi got mad because he owned up to preferring deep fried food over her deep fried hair, and she called it « cheating » 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I still wonder where the money comes from. I assume her parents are wealthy so she never had college debt etc and then the money she made during YouTube was probably invested well, but it’s just so unfair that someone so bland never has to work a day in her life

• Sad
Reactions: 9
If it's true Joe is a complete dirtbag. I feel a bit sick thinking about it. It would explain a lot, how aloof he always was, odd working hours for a PR job, how insanely heartbroken she is and the podcast passive aggression. How awful, I would not wish this on anyone. I think many of us know first hand that being cheated on is so traumatic in ways you wouldn't expect. As someone commented, Anna is very pretty and seems to have that "burgers, beer and fries and still a size 6, men are just less drama" personality that Niomi doesn't (in this instance, good on Nimsy) and had the gall to be the other woman in this scenario. I wonder if they became a thing before covid and he proposed in an attempt to end it, but it never fizzled out and ultimately he decided to leave Niomi after lockdown. Joe has lost any sympathy I had for him, his choice in partners is enough.

I personally don't believe therapy is the best option for everyone, Niomi would def benefit from the private catharsis and having a reliable resource to build constructive skills to work through things, but I think pathologising human experiences is not always the answer. I just hope she can move on in a way that is in her best interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Anyone can make an account on here, they can google Nimbobs, come over and say something to get us going. they might be sitting back having a laugh reading all of this... I'm not saying Joe is an angel but this bury him in pits of hell today is a bit much, we do not have actual proof. Nobody deserves to be cheated on, ever, it's absolutely disgusting... But still, it's only a comment that was posted on here. A "friend of a friend" assumed and said so and so.. eh..

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I personally don't believe therapy is the best option for everyone, Niomi would def benefit from the private catharsis and having a reliable resource to build constructive skills to work through things, but I think pathologising human experiences is not always the answer. I just hope she can move on in a way that is in her best interest.
She hasn't moved on in 2 years (minus 15 days or so) 🥴
Don't know where you got the idea that therapy pathologises human experiences, but that's a topic for a whole other thread.

Reactions: 9
Don't know where you got the idea that therapy pathologises human experiences, but that's a topic for a whole other thread.
I'm was simply sharing my thoughts, didn't mean to offend.

One example of therapy or mental health as an industry pathologising human experiences is the overpathologisation of women's experiences of sex based trauma and BPD, overwhelmingly it has been women who have been diagnosed with this, most often they were told no amount of therapy would cure them, they'd be toxic forever with little chance of remission, which stigmatised women's reactions to trauma which are more likely to be explained by CPTSD or PTSD, most reputable mental health professionals now are hesitant to diagnose BPD.

Another example is Aspergers, which is no longer considered a diagnosable condition within the DSM 5 (obviously I don’t care for the DSM but I’m just including it for this example) as it overpathologised the experiences of autism, it's now categorised under the umbrella of the autism spectrum.

Another example is the historical pathologising of same sex relationships and viewing them as a mental health condition that could be cured, the same with transmedicalism, viewing being trans as a symptom of gender dysphoria a mental health condition that can be medicated with hormones and surgery, rather than a normal variation in how one experiences the world.

If you’d like to know where I got the idea that therapy pathologises human experiences there are entire academic and intellectual movements dedicated to it. I recommend the works of R.D Laing and Deleuze and Guattari, Laing has a contentious personal history but his work with anti-psychiatry is important. I could site some articles too if you'd like but as you said, that’s a topic for a whole other thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think there definitely could be truth in the cheating. Remember her podcast with Caggie? Nims said she’d never go back to someone who treats her the way Joe treated her - could be plausible she meant she’d never go back to someone who’s cheated.
She has some nerve to say things like that in a podcast and make it public. I mean, there will never be a good reason to cheat on someone (if he actually did), but what about the way she treated him during their relationship? She can’t say she was good and did good, and then, blame him for what he supposedly did to her. In that case, Joe could just as well say he’d never go back to someone who treats him the way she did.

Reactions: 13
Anna is beautiful
Yeah, props to Nims for keeping it together because my ex cheated on me with models and I literally had a breakdown. I’m still not over it years later because it ruined my self esteem. I did therapy and tried everything but it really messes with you.

Even if he didn't cheat, for him to move on with someone that looks like that.. geez it would sting.

Are they still together? Joe doesn’t follow her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sorry to bring this up again and to clog the thread but I just want to add, I was not dismissing the value of therapy as a whole, I was simply saying it's not a catch-all cure for many people and people are often silenced in expressing whatever negative impact it may have had upon their lives. I have personally really benefited from DBT, and I believe there is some merit to therapy. But the mental health industry has a horrific history of abuse and exploitation, it's ok if people don't feel comfortable incorporating it into their lives. It's not the same as say, infectious disease and refusing vaccines, it is an industry that claims dominance over people’s autonomy and their human experinces and their own understanding of themselves. I think Niomi would probably benefit from logging off for a prolonged period and working on implementing better social networks, hobbies and interests she finds meaningful and more constructive things to do with her time. One doesn’t necessarily need therapy to do these things. These are simply my own views, I am not dismissing anyone else's by sharing them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think they split last summer. The last sighting of them together that I remember was in June last year. Anna has travelled a lot since and Joe has never accompanied her (unless she is hiding him really well!)

Anyone find it odd that her best friend Charlotte still follows Joe on Instagram?
If he cheated on Nims, then yes, I find that very odd - although I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte was tasked with keeping tabs on him!

Reactions: 12
Yeah, props to Nims for keeping it together because my ex cheated on me with models and I literally had a breakdown. I’m still not over it years later because it ruined my self esteem. I did therapy and tried everything but it really messes with you.

Even if he didn't cheat, for him to move on with someone that looks like that.. geez it would sting.

She still follow him though but he doesn’t follow her. Lol maybe dreamy Joe got cheated on by Anna. Classic.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Joe did cheat on Niomi. Their relationship seemed to totally have that vibe. I wonder if there had be some ‘one offs’ previously that Niomi forgave him for and then the last straw was a full blown affair. She said a text changed everything. Maybe she received a text not meant for her. Joe isn’t the brightest spark is he.

All those late nights at work and business trips. She was forcing him to be perfect dreamy Joe. He should have kept his pants on mind and broken up with her before cheating, but you can see how toxic it was in that relationship. The control, the ‘perfection’. It must have been mentally exhausting to be with someone so hollow and controlled. Who is Niomi? Other then reflecting what she wants people to see. She has no depth, no wit, no interests beyond herself how she looks and her ‘wellness’
I’d never support cheating. Joe should have broken up with her. He seems a very weak character himself and he dragged it all on far to long. They’d been planning the wedding. Makes me feel sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Honestly, you open this thread everyday and there is nothing but makinh fun of forky. You don’t open it on a few days and then there is the missing in the jungle, new boyfriend, orgies and cult, cheating.

oh dreamy joe, if you did cheat I hope your next pizza and burger gives you food poisoning.
Edit: the cheating could also explain why she sold everything she had in storage from when she was in India, don’t want reminders of him

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Where did Nims mention the text that changed everything? Somebody jog my memory. Was it in a video or did she talk about it on a podcast?

She still follow him though but he doesn’t follow her. Lol maybe dreamy Joe got cheated on by Anna. Classic.
I think Anna dumped him because he wouldn't go public with her -or maybe wouldn't commit. She was desperate to show that they were together that weekend they went away (Niomi's birthday weekend) and her friend even made her private IG public for a time in order to do so. Then it seems they were done a month or so later.

Reactions: 11
Where did Nims mention the text that changed everything? Somebody jog my memory. Was it in a video or did she talk about it on a podcast?

I think Anna dumped him because he wouldn't go public with her -or maybe wouldn't commit. She was desperate to show that they were together that weekend they went away (Niomi's birthday weekend) and her friend even made her private IG public for a time in order to do so. Then it seems they were done a month or so later.
Interesting. i think he broke up with her because she tried to make the relationship public and he probably told her before he doesn’t want to be shown on social media anymore and she just doesn’t give a duck about it.

im also still quite sure she totally planned it to show him to the public on Niomis birthday and to show it to us, the forum, as she 100% knew about the forum just because if you google her name, the forum is on top of the results:devilish:

Reactions: 17
I can't remember! I think it was a video, maybe a story? I tried to find it but couldn't. I swear she said she went to visit her mum and that's when it all happened, she collapsed into her step dad's arms, etc.

I listened to a podcast called 'what's love got to do with it' while I was cleaning my apartment today, and Niomi said she did go to therapy after the breakup. She did a year of therapy after the breakup, but now she feels like she needs to maintain it.

If that's the case, it's so wild to me that she moved so fast with this relationship with Jamie. What did she learn from therapy? Because she's repeating the exact same pattern.

Reactions: 6
Joe was evidently cheating on all his long work trips and during those long hours working. No one needs to work all those long, long hours he was clearly avoiding being at home with his live in girlfriend and had no intention of leaving her without a safe place to land. He liked the idea of having a steady girlfriend as dating is hard and even for thr Joeys of this world not always successful, Niomi was thin, blonde and pretty but from the interactions she showed of the two of them together they had little chemistry once the physical attraction waned. Niomi was acting like a wife without the ring and imo made herself too available, probably passing up some work trips if Joey couldnt go with her which she no doubt regrets now.

Joey was a tall conventionally handsome boyfriend who made her feel validated personally and professionally, the man was all over her professional socials so giddy was she to have landed such a 💫catch💫 All the gifts were, in hindsight, an excuse not to actually have spend time with her, it distracted her and gave him space to do what (who) he wanted. Even her lockdown birthday video, while it looked thoughtful was away to hide himself away, to avoid her while making it and still look like a nice guy and not have his ear chewed off. Lockdown together made him realise he wanted out, whether that was to sow more wild Joey oats, or whatever but he never seemed to comitt to Anna either even when she seemed to try and force his hand into going insta official. He still wholesome bates with his own insta stories showing him in his doting Uncle Joe role with his nephews, but I don't buy that he's ready for that full time, he's still sowing his Joey seeds out there.

Being cheated on can make you feel you weren't enough and might be viewed that way (wrongly) by other people once you want to date again. Hence wild party gal Niomi with the big blonde hair. leopard print and red lips drinking and partying. Then there was the rebound relationship where the guy is not normally someone you'd consider dating, but he likes you so much you feel safe he'd never cheat (Bradley) She even gave into eggs and fish (but not cheese as that's too calorie dense) Now we have more of an authentic niomi, lazy, permanently on holiday and living off fruit in various forms while giving the dodgy spiritual retreats a go.

I wish she'd vlog more of Bali and Lordon to be honest, we could all do with the gossip and she could do with the excitement.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.