Niomi Smart #45 Fourchette la baguette and Donkey in the shed, are they engaged yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone find it odd that her best friend Charlotte still follows Joe on Instagram?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I think its very possible that Joe cheated on her and didn't use that as the initial excuse for the breakup. Maybe that was when she came out with the whole "hes still a good person, etc etc". I think during that period she still thought there was a chance they would get back together. Maybe after she made more of an effort for that "getting back together" to happen, he came out and said he cheated and thats where any chance of them continuing on really ended. I feel like this wasn't as clean of a break as she made it out to be. I think maybe the messiness of it, finding out about cheating later, that wouldve contributed to all the bitterness that she's been showing. Also if this is the case, I agree with everyone else that I can see why she became so unhinged, I cant imagine the emotional and mental toll that would have taken on her.

Anyone find it odd that her best friend Charlotte still follows Joe on Instagram?
I feel like they still run in the same friend circles, also I can see Charlotte as being vain enough to not want to completely break ties with someone who has the kinds of connections that Joe and his family have

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I’m be just listened to the millennial love podcast (I hate myself) and she says a few times “I thank my lucky stars this happened” and “it was the best thing to happen to me”. Def sounds as though, as crappy as a broken engagement is, at least she didn’t marry a (potential, we can’t be sure) cheating sack of tit.

Reactions: 20
It still sounds so weird because Joe seemed to care a lot about Niomi - I remember this hamper of gifts he made as an advent calendar, when he was in India, counting the days until he came back. No surprise she was devastated if she found out something like that - I would too. The problem is she let her anger define her and her next relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if she wronged Forky in some way, because this is what you do after a major breakup, you treat others bad because you are scared something hurts you again.

Reactions: 24
It still sounds so weird because Joe seemed to care a lot about Niomi - I remember this hamper of gifts he made as an advent calendar, when he was in India, counting the days until he came back. No surprise she was devastated if she found out something like that - I would too. The problem is she let her anger define her and her next relationships. I wouldn't be surprised if she wronged Forky in some way, because this is what you do after a major breakup, you treat others bad because you are scared something hurts you again.
I wonder where the balance is between him doing all these things because he really loved and cared about her, or whether he was doing it to lovebomb her after feeling guilt about cheating. I also wonder if the *potential* cheating happened throughout the relationship, or mostly during the last year or so of it- I feel like in the beginning they were both really into each other.

Reactions: 29
I wonder where the balance is between him doing all these things because he really loved and cared about her, or whether he was doing it to lovebomb her after feeling guilt about cheating. I also wonder if the *potential* cheating happened throughout the relationship, or mostly during the last year or so of it- I feel like in the beginning they were both really into each other.
Yeah they did talk about this during the podcast, about how showering you with gifts in the beginning of the relationship is love bombing. She got sucked into the fairytale fantasy and none of it was real. She did blame herself for this part.

• Heart
Yeah they did talk about this during the podcast, about how showering you with gifts in the beginning of the relationship is love bombing. She got sucked into the fairytale fantasy and none of it was real. She did blame herself for this part.
More that she 'created' the fairy tale fantasy.🤯

Reactions: 14
It's possible that she's embarrassed about it? When I got cheated on, I felt so much shame. To share a life with someone for years and not know what they're doing behind your back... I'm still embarrassed about it and I don't want anyone to know.
Babe, same. Even though I would never think less of anyone else for being cheated on, I still feel for me it’s like a black mark against my name if anyone knows about it! Logically I know it’s not but I think it’s just an instinct thing.

(As an aside, I love the expression “you don’t cheat because of who you’re with, you cheat because of who you are”. That’s what I recited to myself about my ex while I was trying to get over it.)

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Like someone else said before, different guy, same mistakes.

Joe really had this "I'm kinda done here" look in his eyes that last year and would try to avoid being on camera. I also wonder what he did that was so bad, was it just talking to other girls, maybe Anna, like emotional cheating? I've been sucked into this thread today like nothing else lol, it feels like a psychology class every time I refresh the tab.

He really seemed like a normal, quiet guy but then again it's not like you open a dictionary and there's a photo of what a cheater looks like, right.. Personally I think if you no longer want to be with someone it's not a crime, it can be a painful decision that can takes years to voice, and if it's not mutual tho that fracking sucks but please end the relationship first and with class and dignity, not "married but looking" type of behavior.

I usually read horror or fantasy on my little breaks of time from taking care of the baby and my freelancing but here I am instead :p

• Heart
Reactions: 29
My god this thread just keeps giving!!
I didn't think Joe would be a cheat but if it is true I guess you just tnever know what people are actually like. She'll never tell the world that because of course she's embarrassed (no reason to be), she's the one who made him seem like a perfect guy. The contrast and deceit would probably be humiliating for her.

I wonder if he was overcompensating. When my friend's husband was having an affair, there was a constant stream of gifts and flowers.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Like someone else said before, different guy, same mistakes.
She really needs therapy :cry:

Although... what would we talk about on this thread if Nimbobs became a functional, emotionally intelligent woman instead of a traumatized one that seeks validation in all the wrong places? Nevermind, there's no risk of her actually going to therapy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
She really needs therapy :cry:

Although... what would we talk about on this thread if Nimbobs became a functional, emotionally intelligent woman instead of a traumatized one that seeks validation in all the wrong places? Nevermind, there's no risk of her actually going to therapy.
She's clearly lacking tools to deal with that trauma but she's refusing to get help. Like people who won't see a doctor because that could potentially mean that they are sick. I've done it myself so I get it and it's hard to face that...

• Heart
I've seen online (tiktok/reddit) a lot of women state that the day their man made a "grand gesture" (flowers, unexpected gifts, etc) was right after they cheated (fact that they would learn later).

Didn't someone also stated that he used to date someone in India when he was on his own or am I dreaming that?

Reactions: 7
What I love about is that anythi
I've seen online (tiktok/reddit) a lot of women state that the day their man made a "grand gesture" (flowers, unexpected gifts, etc) was right after they cheated (fact that they would learn later).

Didn't someone also stated that he used to date someone in India when he was on his own or am I dreaming that?
Just an allegation, nothing confirmed. But it all kind of makes sense. The minute he started looking like he's too good to be true, I felt uneasy about him. The love bombing behavior was borderline triggering for me because, from experience, it's overcompensation.. well, DJ is not that dreamy after all and the pawfect prince charming doesn't exist ladies, and Nimbobs!

... it's still wrong that she did hide his peanut butter jars under the sink though 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
At the end of the day she just says a lot of tit. Talking about healing and this was the best thing to ever happen to her. Talking about cheating and toxic relationships. Talk, talk, talk. Buzzwords, buzzwords. Don’t talk about it, be about it! His cheating alone should’ve given her the closure she still so desperately wants.

Reactions: 6
I mean we don't know for sure, just because a new poster made an account and wrote that, just saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I mean we don't know for sure, just because a new poster made an account and wrote that, just saying.
Definitely agree, I find the coincidence intriguing though. I also feel like she has so many conspiracy theories floating around her right now. It’s wild over here😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m not writing off everybody who is saying he cheated but just hear me out, what if landing from his flight & going “back to work” was really code for eating hamburgers?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.