Niomi Smart #24 Not-So-SmartSkin, posing naked to prove I’m thin, Joe put our photos in the bin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the pictures, man it's TINY and looks gimmicky. The only thing I like is how the kitchen opens out to the outside back yard. Which is also super tiny but better than nothing I guess. The bedroom with the slanted ceiling looks ridiculous, how do you not smash your head on that? It seems like a lot of open space but it still feels claustrophobic somehow because it's so narrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It’s a crawl space but it’s not nothing. The hanging rod on the side has me a little confused. Is it full length or what? Could turn it into a cedar closet depending on how big it is 😬

After even CLOSER inspection, I quite like the space. I’m ready to move in now kthxbye 😜 But seriously, that little green space off the bedroom - it’s a great opportunity to grow exotic things if it’s enclosed. I’d get rid of those fronds and put in fig plants 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I like it. I think it’s cute and unique. Perfect for a single person. I love that it’s the Old Printworks. But I’m sure she will renovate via sponsorships to beige it up so it’s more suited to her her basic taste.

Reactions: 16
It’s a crawl space but it’s not nothing. The hanging rod on the side has me a little confused. Is it full length or what? Could turn it into a cedar closet depending on how big it is 😬

After even CLOSER inspection, I quite like the space. I’m ready to move in now kthxbye 😜 But seriously, that little green space off the bedroom - it’s a great opportunity to grow exotic things if it’s enclosed. I’d get rid of those fronds and put in fig plants 😋
She'll have Bruce in the green space quick as a flash.
Then Pilates in the sky 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Lol I can’t tell if you’re making fun… but I love nesting and I won’t apologize 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for the pictures, man it's TINY and looks gimmicky. The only thing I like is how the kitchen opens out to the outside back yard. Which is also super tiny but better than nothing I guess. The bedroom with the slanted ceiling looks ridiculous, how do you not smash your head on that? It seems like a lot of open space but it still feels claustrophobic somehow because it's so narrow.
I agree with literally all of this 😭 gimmicky is exactly the right word, and definitely claustrophobic since it’s like a railroad apartment, long and narrow. Feels like a storage unit. Londoners, could she have bought something in notting hill for that money? I know Google exists, but I’d rather ask here

Reactions: 8
I'm terrible with the property searches too. You'd think Nims might have helped us out by tagging an exact location instead of just 'London.' :rolleyes:

It does look like the mezzanine is the only upstairs but also looks like the house extends beyond the kitchen (there is a window beyond the kitchen) so maybe it's bigger than we think? I guess it could be a shed/outdoor utility? Anyway, it's a mystery until someone finds it or Nims shows us more.
I’ve found the listing as well it was listed as “2 bedroom house” 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I agree with literally all of this 😭 gimmicky is exactly the right word, and definitely claustrophobic since it’s like a railroad apartment, long and narrow. Feels like a storage unit. Londoners, could she have bought something in notting hill for that money? I know Google exists, but I’d rather ask here
My bf and I went through a horrendously exhausting 7 month search for a home before our crappy Queens apt lease expired at the end of June so I've been through the house searching ringers to the point of tears, that place looks like a posh house you rent to change your clothes in when you go swimming for the summer, not something you buy for that much money. There's almost no horizontal space to stretch your wings, it's legit like a 2 story garage.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Why are people criticising Niomi’s first home? Of course it’s small it’s in London and she purchased it as a single person. It’s modern and good for her if she likes it. Most adults can only dream of buying any home in or near London. It won’t be a forever home but better than renting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
My bf and I went through a horrendously exhausting 7 month search for a home before our crappy Queens apt lease expired at the end of June so I've been through the house searching ringers to the point of tears, that place looks like a posh house you rent to change your clothes in when you go swimming for the summer, not something you buy for that much money. There's almost no horizontal space to stretch your wings, it's legit like a 2 story garage.
It's most definitely not a forever home. That will be whatever the future husband wants. Wimbledon, India, Japan, Russia! wherever he likes.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That price is eye watering! But it's a cute place and the listing photos make the kitchen area look nicer than her photo!
Gosh, see that seems cheap to me for that area. I suppose the proximity to B makes it a little cheaper. And it being, ultimately, a one bed house.

Is it gonna be her forever home or she bought it as an investment property? I think she could update the bathroom, countertops and maybe the flooring!

Reactions: 1
It's most definitely not a forever home. That will be whatever the future husband wants. Wimbledon, India, Japan, Russia! wherever he likes.
It looks like a bachelor pad, it's a stupid choice. 800 square feet? Come on.

Why are people criticising Niomi’s first home? Of course it’s small it’s in London and she purchased it as a single person. It’s modern and good for her if she likes it. Most adults can only dream of buying any home in or near London. It won’t be a forever home but better than renting.
I partly agree with this but then i searched on Rightmove for the same amount of money and you can get much nicer places in zone 1/2

Reactions: 11
£925 sqft is pretty reasonable in that area when it includes some open space. It also looks really secure which is definitely a big plus.

I’d be curious if she was able to secure it for less given the current circumstances though looks as though it was only listed in May..! Still, how is she going to get to her#gifted bodyism classes for 6am now!?!?

I partly agree with this but then i searched on Rightmove for the same amount of money and you can get much nicer places in zone 1/2
There are other factors. I personally wouldn’t live in London but in any town or city small or large there are nicer areas, even nicer roads/estates so maybe that affected the price. I’d rather pay a bit more to live in a nicer area being a single woman. It’s also semi-detached.

Reactions: 2
Niomi chose this property because it is quirky and unique. Just like her. Ha. Ha.

It's not to my taste, I have to say - when I was searching last night I saw nicer places than this in the same price bracket - or maybe just places that are more to my taste.

I like the little outside space, I know it's small, but it looks quite private - which is always a plus for me. Her place looks quite private overall and not really overlooked. For safety/security reasons, I like that the property is 'tucked away.' It's also semi-detached.

I don't like the second bedroom (ceiling height is too low) or the fact that the house seems quite narrow.

I'm still wicked impressed with the person who found this place just by those photos on Niomi's IG. In the end I had to reverse image search. I am so bad at property searches.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don't like the second bedroom, but tbh sitting here in my 3-room total, dodgy cladded high rise flat in zone 4 and well...I'd take it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think the flat is lovely to be fair. It's ideal for a single girl in London. It's not appropriate for a family or anything like that so I can see her living there until she settles down.

I wonder if she'll do a house tour/moving vlog...

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.