Niomi Smart #21 I'm a YewChewber. I'm an Influenca.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her statement in her story this morning about how she’s late to the game by just now going to a gym class and “it’s everyone’s second week at the gym” has hit a nerve with me. It’s so obvious she has a serious problem because literally who cares about when everyone else started going???

And I’ve noticed that she never ever uses captions in her stories. Other influencers have been using captions or have now started to since Instagram added that feature. It’s called thinking of other Niomi, it’s not that hard.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
You're definitely not 'stupid or naive ' . The mind is a very powerful tool for positive and negative behaviour. We are all subject to social forces, whether online or in real life. You are impressive because yiu asked for help and you are doing the work. It takes a huge amount of courage to face yourself and discover your truth. Many people in life NEVER do this- not just referencibg EDs here. Well done you!!🥰
I definitely went through a similar impasse and held on to what I thought Niomi was selling, vapid values and a superficially perfect relationship, like it was all a lifeline. When that moment in my life has passed, I felt like I had been hugely limiting myself. Not sure who she thinks she’s helping and how. But it can’t be too many people.

Reactions: 9
Hi all, new member here... And livid. I would love to give my 2 cents and hope that it will reach anyone in a similar situation.

I found this forum a few days ago and pretty much spent the entire weekend reading up. And wow, how bleeping blind have I been. For years. Long story ahead...

I started watching Niomi when she broke up with Marcus and was living the single life in Notting Hill. I had just broken up with my bf as well and was doing the same, living in London and discovering my single self. I was loving it. Niomi seemed like a familiar friend (she wasn’t doing lots of ads at the time) and I enjoyed her content.

It was around this time that I unknowingly developed an eating disorder. Without sharing details (which is triggering in itself) I now realise that I was mimicking a lot of her behaviour - completely oblivious to the fact that it was 100% disordered. She lived a perfect life right? So she must be setting a good example.

I started watching her less and less as she became less relatable but would check in every now and then, feeling sorry for her after the whole Joe debacle. Embarrassed at her semi-naked shots but comparing my body to hers at the same time.

Fast forward to now and I’m a dozen therapy sessions in, working extremely hard to change my behaviour, and slowly uncovering all the different layers that have shaped and fuelled the monster that is my ED. And after finding this forum, I now realise Niomi’s content played a part in it. Gives a whole new definition to the word influencer. I feel stupid and naive for only realising now how triggering her content is.

I am in no way blaming Niomi for my situation as I attribute a whole lot of different factors to my illness. But her content fed it and justified my behaviour. I genuinely thought her diet was representative of that of the average woman.

I can’t be angry at her because I now see how hopelessly clueless she is and she truly believes she’s living a healthy life. But she is promoting an unhealthy relationship with food and she needs to be hauled over to therapy stat - before anyone else falls for it like I did. This is straight up dangerous.

Although I feel some of the comments towards her can be a bit insensitive, I would like to thank every single one of you on here that has called her out on her disordered behaviour, because you held a big bleeping mirror to my face. It is NOT normal, and it is VERY important for people to call her out on it. So thank you.
First of all, welcome dear! I’m so sorry for what you’ve had to deal with and that Niomi’s content worsened it. You’re neither naive nor stupid - I used to be a big fan of hers too and am embarrassed when I remember how much I strived to be like her. For me it wasn’t so much her eating behavior but more her lifestyle in general: her perfect style, her perfect boyfriend, her perfect job and gorgeous flat. All of her exciting travels. I would look at her and feel guilty for not being constantly “happy and positive” 24/7 like she was. Everything seemed flawless in her life to me and it wasn’t long before I felt bad about myself and the fact that I wasn’t waking up at 5 am every morning with a big grin on my face, lol. She’s one of the fakest, least real and most pretentious influencers out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Her statement in her story this morning about how she’s late to the game by just now going to a gym class and “it’s everyone’s second week at the gym” has hit a nerve with me. It’s so obvious she has a serious problem because literally who cares about when everyone else started going???

And I’ve noticed that she never ever uses captions in her stories. Other influencers have been using captions or have now started to since Instagram added that feature. It’s called thinking of other Niomi, it’s not that hard.
she has some serious insecurities with comparing herself to other people. She’s been constantly talking about what “everyone” else is doing, how “everyone” is somehow a step ahead...Jesus, woman, it’s time to grow up 🤦🏻‍♀️ And who the hell is this royal “everyone” to her? It must be the circle of pahfect influencers (that she’s part of) that post on Instagram 24/7

Reactions: 17

The caption add on probably wouldn't understand her 'pahhhhfect' dialect :geek:😆

In that wine tasting pic (what a life) it basically looks like she copied her mum's hair style, middle parting and all.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She's one of the most boring people ever. Banging on about being "behind" because... she hasn't gone to the gym yet. Who the hell has the time to have such idle thoughts?

Also, what is going on with her nose? It looks so different. Did she get fillers?
1621866331550.png

Let's not discuss the horrible sunglasses and her digging her heels with the middle parting that makes her look like an egg.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Her asking "Is this everyone's second week of going to gym class?" just makes her seem like such a child/teenager. Like school has just started up again and she's missed the first week and is trying to catch up.
That combined with sharing that she still keeps a list of things she dislikes about her ex a year later and is still adding to it, makes her sound so juvenile.

• Haha
You're definitely not 'stupid or naive ' . The mind is a very powerful tool for positive and negative behaviour. We are all subject to social forces, whether online or in real life. You are impressive because yiu asked for help and you are doing the work. It takes a huge amount of courage to face yourself and discover your truth. Many people in life NEVER do this- not just referencibg EDs here. Well done you!!🥰
Hear, hear - you know the more time that goes on I just realize how these influencers have no guardrails. Were they making television programs and someone wrote in with this experience, there would be a change.

I like to think Nims is oblivious to what she's doing but it makes me wonder if she's ever been confronted with it.

Scary, scary stuff.

Reactions: 7
Like grandmother, like granddaughter 🤢

View attachment 587921
Can we tell you're related because you all dye your hair the same colour...? Ffs.

Hi all, new member here... And livid. I would love to give my 2 cents and hope that it will reach anyone in a similar situation.

I found this forum a few days ago and pretty much spent the entire weekend reading up. And wow, how bleeping blind have I been. For years. Long story ahead...

I started watching Niomi when she broke up with Marcus and was living the single life in Notting Hill. I had just broken up with my bf as well and was doing the same, living in London and discovering my single self. I was loving it. Niomi seemed like a familiar friend (she wasn’t doing lots of ads at the time) and I enjoyed her content.

It was around this time that I unknowingly developed an eating disorder. Without sharing details (which is triggering in itself) I now realise that I was mimicking a lot of her behaviour - completely oblivious to the fact that it was 100% disordered. She lived a perfect life right? So she must be setting a good example.

I started watching her less and less as she became less relatable but would check in every now and then, feeling sorry for her after the whole Joe debacle. Embarrassed at her semi-naked shots but comparing my body to hers at the same time.

Fast forward to now and I’m a dozen therapy sessions in, working extremely hard to change my behaviour, and slowly uncovering all the different layers that have shaped and fuelled the monster that is my ED. And after finding this forum, I now realise Niomi’s content played a part in it. Gives a whole new definition to the word influencer. I feel stupid and naive for only realising now how triggering her content is.

I am in no way blaming Niomi for my situation as I attribute a whole lot of different factors to my illness. But her content fed it and justified my behaviour. I genuinely thought her diet was representative of that of the average woman.

I can’t be angry at her because I now see how hopelessly clueless she is and she truly believes she’s living a healthy life. But she is promoting an unhealthy relationship with food and she needs to be hauled over to therapy stat - before anyone else falls for it like I did. This is straight up dangerous.

Although I feel some of the comments towards her can be a bit insensitive, I would like to thank every single one of you on here that has called her out on her disordered behaviour, because you held a big bleeping mirror to my face. It is NOT normal, and it is VERY important for people to call her out on it. So thank you.
Her disordered eating contributed to my disordered eating, too. You are not alone. I hope you're doing better now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The caption add on probably wouldn't understand her 'pahhhhfect' dialect :geek:😆

In that wine tasting pic (what a life) it basically looks like she copied her mum's hair style, middle parting and all.
And Niomi looks like Veritys elder sister in the picture !

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Her asking "Is this everyone's second week of going to gym class?" just makes her seem like such a child/teenager. Like school has just started up again and she's missed the first week and is trying to catch up.
That combined with sharing that she still keeps a list of things she dislikes about her ex a year later and is still adding to it, makes her sound so juvenile.
Extremely juvenile. And she’s trying to convince the world she has gotten over him, lol. Maybe a list like that is helpful when the break up is still fresh, but nearly a year later? You gotta let go at some point. Also, the way she’s talking about all those “insights” she has had post-break up and treating it like some great wisdom nobody has ever known before her (such as being each other’s best friend strengthens the relationship immeasurably- no tit?) shows that she has no clue how a serious relationship works. She put him on a pedestal, romanticized him, was not actually friends with him but simply infatuated - sounds like a lovesick teenager to me.

It makes me angry to see how many people she's wronged with her fake pahfect behavior. And when people say "she should just teach yoga" I'm like NO, she has already send enough people to the hospital, she should stay the fk away from general public.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
My gosh so sorry to hear so many triggers of eating disorders, it gets me even more mad because of the influenca BS!
You are all brave and courageous and inspiring admitting you need help and reaching out for help ❤
You are the queens of you own life and not the #gifted fake personas.

It makes me angry to see how many people she's wronged with her fake pahfect behavior. And when people say "she should just teach yoga" I'm like NO, she has already send enough people to the hospital, she should stay the fk away from general public.
The woman claims to be so active and sportive and she always struggled to handle to weigh of a dish! I remember one I watched one time she was pulling something from the oven and she said her arm is shaking because of it. I remember thinking that is odd for someone supposedly strengthening muscles with yoga.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Big round of applause for Niomi who was wandering around London with her coffee at 7.30am. So productive. Much busy. Wow.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Wonder why her handle is Terrina27, is that the year she was born or the age she thinks she's in her head lol

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Grandma looks like she got caught with her hand in the (gluten free) cookie jar!
I feel bad but she legit looks terrifying. Trying so hard to look so young just makes her look even older than she probably is

Reactions: 18
I will not post screenshots of other profiles but oh my lord. Go to terrina'a profile. Read her description and look at the second photo on her thread of the family. You can see a trend. Niomeee...it all makes sense.
The activities, the sunglasses, the hair. I'm shook 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.