Niomi Smart #13 wallpaper of books in the study, no real books

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she really that busy if she has time to film a video about how busy she is?

Also, can you imagine putting your phone on an airplane mode at work because you’re stressed after 4 days of yoga classes...whAt

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't think she's posturing about being "busy" for views. I think she genuinely does not know how to cope when she has more than one (1) task on the go. A usual afternoon of errands for most people cause her to panic. She's gotten so used to a life of laziness and leisure with this career that the tiniest things become overwhelming.

Reactions: 28
I got the impression she is on the verge of a breakdown over Joe and is projecting that into being stressed about work. I've seen people do the same loads of times in real life - whenever my flatmate is upset about a boy she turns it into being annoyed/stressed out that the flat isn't clean or that her job is stressful when it's actually not that.
EXACTLY. You’re so right about this. She’s totally projecting her breakup grief and anxiety onto other things. It is so obvious that the way she chose to “cope” with the whole situation was completely wrong from the start. She just put off the inevitable until a later time without even realizing it. The whole “I knew I needed to start healing right away” was completely counterproductive to getting over it. Sweeping the grief under the rug is NOT healing.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
EXACTLY. You’re so right about this. She’s totally projecting her breakup grief and anxiety onto other things. It is so obvious that the way she chose to “cope” with the whole situation was completely wrong from the start. She just put off the inevitable until a later time without even realizing it. The whole “I knew I needed to start healing right away” was completely counterproductive to getting over it. Sweeping the grief under the rug is NOT healing.
She's also coming up on the 1 year anniversary of her engagement and moving to India. In another life she's still getting daily gifts from that hamper and going tree shopping with Freddie and buying gifts for when they stay at the cottage on the Woodward property. She's spiralling.

Reactions: 18
Oh my god, her new video is a complete trainwreck. What on earth does she have to be stressed about? A teacher training course for yoga that she's doing voluntarily - it's not like she NEEDS to pass to get a job. Plus she does so much yoga I doubt learning to teach a class would be that hard?!?! Launching her "business" - she can just hire other people to do the work, I doubt she has much input other than signing things off? And it's hardly taken off as much as she says it has, I can't fathom what work needs to be done for it. I got the impression she is on the verge of a breakdown over Joe and is projecting that into being stressed about work. I've seen people do the same loads of times in real life - whenever my flatmate is upset about a boy she turns it into being annoyed/stressed out that the flat isn't clean or that her job is stressful when it's actually not that.

I honestly think Niomi has got lucky with most aspects of her career - youtube only really took off initially because of Marcus, then she was into the whole wellness stuff when it was first trendy so did her cookbook full of boring and obvious recipes (budget Deliciously Ella lol, who is also a Woodward altho think no relation to Joe.?), then just as she was losing relevance she met Joe and lots of her subscribers became interested again in her fairytale perfect wholesome life and gorgeous boyfriend... she's never really had to do anything, her videos are pretty repetitive and forgettable unless there's someone else in them (Joe) or she's attending fun awards. Now she probably is experiencing stress from actually having to do anything at all.

I also find it very distasteful to go on about being SOOOO stressed during a pandemic when pretty much everyone is either overworked if they're in the healthcare sector / works in a shop etc etc or has been made redundant and worried about money. She definitely doesn't read this thread or she'd know how lazy and pathetic she comes across.

Also - the tree thing at the end was the least funny 'banter' I've ever seen.. truly embarrassing to laugh so much at something so un-funny
I totally agree with this. Her video is extremely out of touch. Why are brands giving her money still it annoys me! Everyone stop please lining her pockets. She complains so much about being ‘busy’ as the UK is in the biggest recession and lots of people are being laid off - out of touch

Reactions: 10
This reminds me of an old vlog in which she had missed her bus stop and almost had a breakdown talking about how she was having "one of those days" or whatever. She honestly has the poorest organizational skills and the smallest mishap completely throws her off balance and overwhelms her. She is just emphasizing the extent to which she is not used to doing proper work. As @sitkx said, quite ironic coming from someone who spends 99% of her time practicing "wellness." All the yoga and self-care clearly aren't doing anything for her if she gets so anxious so easily! Needless to say, she would not last a day in any kind of normal work environment. Quite laughable watching this after my full day of work at the office, tbh.

I got the impression she is on the verge of a breakdown over Joe and is projecting that into being stressed about work. I've seen people do the same loads of times in real life - whenever my flatmate is upset about a boy she turns it into being annoyed/stressed out that the flat isn't clean or that her job is stressful when it's actually not that.
Completely agree with this. She can't be honest with herself though (not to mention with others), so she would never realize this. She literally spoke for 10 minutes about how she had the looongesssttt to-do list and how she didn't even know where to start (a list which had been GIVEN to her! Genuinely wish someone would just prepare lists of tasks for me to do so I don't even have to think about it myself--all she has left to do is just get on with it and go through things one by one!). The way she was talking about it, I thought it was, like, stuff that was going take days to complete if not weeks. But then in the next clip she says she "somehow" was able to "smash through the whole list," and it's only 4:15!!!! So it clearly wasn't that much at all now, was it??!!!!!!

Can't imagine what my life would be like if, on my most stressful work day, I still had time to: have breakfast out, get a workout done at bodyism, go back home and have a breakdown in my living room, do the said "work," have a walk, get flowers, go to the grocery store, cook dinner at home, have a home yoga session, talk nonsense to a camera. She is living in another dimension!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
What I'd consider a stressful freakout busy work day would normally involve having to work late into the evening and scarfing a sandwich at my desk, not wrapping up at 4:15 and having time to go out for breakfast and a workout class beforehand.

Reactions: 20
This reminds me of an old vlog in which she had missed her bus stop and almost had a breakdown talking about how she was having "one of those days" or whatever. She honestly has the poorest organizational skills and the smallest mishap completely throws her off balance and overwhelms her. She is just emphasizing the extent to which she is not used to doing proper work. As @sitkx said, quite ironic coming from someone who spends 99% of her time practicing "wellness." All the yoga and self-care clearly aren't doing anything for her if she gets so anxious so easily! Needless to say, she would not last a day in any kind of normal work environment. Quite laughable watching this after my full day of work at the office, tbh.

Completely agree with this. She can't be honest with herself though (not to mention with others), so she would never realize this. She literally spoke for 10 minutes about how she had the looongesssttt to-do list and how she didn't even know where to start (a list which had been GIVEN to her! Genuinely wish someone would just prepare lists of tasks for me to do so I don't even have to think about it myself--all she has left to do is just get on with it and go through things one by one!). The way she was talking about it, I thought it was, like, stuff that was going take days to complete if not weeks. But then in the next clip she says she "somehow" was able to "smash through the whole list," and it's only 4:15!!!! So clearly it wasn't that much at all!!!!!! Can't imagine what my life would be like if, on my most stressful work day, I still had time to: have breakfast out, get a workout done at bodyism, go back home and have a breakdown in my living room, do the said "work," have a walk, get flowers, go to the grocery store, cook dinner at home, have a home yoga session, talk nonsense to a camera. She is living in another dimension!
The losing-it-over-smallest-mishap goes hand in hand with her insane control issues. Everything has to be pahfect and according to her plan, otherwise she has a meltdown. These are issues that “wellness” definitely won’t fix 🙃

Reactions: 18
Yep! When I went through a major, horrible breakup I was fortunate to have a stable 9-5 job that was actually super easy. I could do it with my eyes closed, but it gave me somewhat of a distraction in the day and paid the bills, however it didn't require me to actually focus very hard and I think that was a saving grace. I'd leave work at five every evening and bawl my eyes out all night, usually drinking wine in bed or sometimes not alcohol but would just cry and watch TV and feel AWFUL, waiting for the weekend so I could see friends and cry some more/get drunk with them lol. Not saying alcohol or being a slob is a good way of dealing with things, but I truly believe that being at rock bottom and knowing it for a couple of months helped me to heal a lot faster than other breakups where I've done a Niomi and "gone into self-care mode" only for the pain to come back a bit down the line. Honestly, I think the best thing for ole' Nimbobs would be to take a youtube/public social media hiatus, spend a few weeks in her flat with wine, deliveroo and her feelings, then start working on herself again once she's genuinely processed feeling crappy.

Oh, and LOTS of therapy. A good therapist will be able to see through the "I'm so stressed about work/yoga" crap and guide her gently towards realising for herself what she's REALLY stressed about. Some therapists who take a more interventional approach might suggest tasks etc for her to do to check in with her feelings/manage her stresses/ provide some structure to her day.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I genuinely don’t think she would even know how to pig out on deliveroo. Do you think if she ate carbs like a dominos or papa John pizza she would get stomach pains?

Reactions: 10
What I'd consider a stressful freakout busy work day would normally involve having to work late into the evening and scarfing a sandwich at my desk, not wrapping up at 4:15 and having time to go out for breakfast and a workout class beforehand.
Exactly!! For what it's worth, I usually don't subscribe to the whole "you can't be stressed about work unless you're literally a brain surgeon/emergency care nurse/etcetc" thing, i think everyone has their own standards and I'm sure all of us have been stressed about work, whether professional or in school/uni or whatever. However there has to be a line, and I think making a whole video about how hard your job is, when none of what you do actually matters to anyone but yourself anyway, takes the biscuit. E.g. it's HER business, it's HER yoga course - she's not got anyone else relying on her? She could very easily have taken today off - I'd argue that getting through a short to-do list in a matter of hours isn't really working anyway. Surely her only social media or smart skin deadlines could be taken care of by someone else, it's hardly the world's biggest brand and she hasn't put much effort into it yet so i don't know why she's suddenly decided that today's the day?

I genuinely don’t think she would even know how to pig out on deliveroo. Do you think if she ate carbs like a dominos or papa John pizza she would get stomach pains?
Probably... although deliveroo in London does offer lots of healthy foods, all her fave notting hill vegan jaunts will be on there!

Reactions: 9
I just started watching the vlog and I’m sorry but wtf? She’s just gonna show up to an exercise class without booking?! Oh it was full was it? Imagine that. Talk about an entitled influencer 🤦‍♀️🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The losing-it-over-smallest-mishap goes hand in hand with her insane control issues. Everything has to be pahfect and according to her plan, otherwise she has a meltdown. These are issues that “wellness” definitely won’t fix 🙃
She's thick as 2 short planks- NOTHING can fix that!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't think she's posturing about being "busy" for views. I think she genuinely does not know how to cope when she has more than one (1) task on the go. A usual afternoon of errands for most people cause her to panic. She's gotten so used to a life of laziness and leisure with this career that the tiniest things become overwhelming.
I feel she has a slow approach to everything, like those persons who moves as a fast as a sloth? She probably takes forever to do quick easy tasks which is why I think you are right, she sees a normal list but her brain goes into panic because of her poor time management.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I could not make it through her meltdown...:rolleyes:.

She needs to see a therapist to give her support.

Reactions: 9
Niomi: "I'm so exhausted"

Also Niomi: "I'm going to Bodyism, I haven't done any workouts other than Yoga."

Seriously. GET. HELP. NOW.

At least the classes were booked and she went for breakfast instead.

Let's not talk about her whining about being super stressed from taking a yoga course, aka something she did because she wanted to not because she had to.

Reactions: 11
Genuinely cracked up laughing @2:17 when she frantically turned her phone to Airplane Mode so she wouldn't receive notifications. Imagine closing your Microsoft Outlook because you can't cope with getting emails from your boss or colleagues.

@2:09 "Life has been going at a million miles an hour since September" LMAO coming from the girl who spent lockdown in a countryside mansion hanging by the jacuzzi, doing yoga, and having walks with the dog. Who's spent the last 4 months talking all about how she's been putting herself first and indulging in self-care as much as possible.

@7:24 she actually says "Why do I always do this? I always try and do a million things at once" WHEN??? WHEN has she EVER done a million things at once? Compared to most influencers from her era she actually has had very few projects going on over the years. The cookbook was her last """big""" project but that was 4 years ago. And Smart Skin, as I mentioned in a recent post, is almost entirely handled by Elementary Brands so there's very little left for her to do. If there's ONE person who does NOT multi task, it's Niomi! She's always doing one thing at a time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Her entire job is the video about being stressed, in and of itself. She will be paid to upload a video about being stressed from work, when in reality, the work itself is the video about being stressed!

Her mom and step dad look like exactly the type to tell her to take a step back and not work so hard. She’s surrounded by enablers.

I feel she has a slow approach to everything, like those persons who moves as a fast as a sloth? She probably takes forever to do quick easy tasks which is why I think you are right, she sees a normal list but her brain goes into panic because of her poor time management.
She does everything so slowly with a weak and limp wrist. All while narrating to the camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
... wait... Anna is trans???? Did I miss something???
Also, if it was a crass joke on an old IG she is probably frantically trying to get it deleted. She could easily lose her job for something like that coming to light. I think I found her veeeery old Myspace from when she was a young teenager and if it is her, she is very much a girl.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.