Niomi Smart #11 posing like a baddie, snogging dettol daddy, but Nimbobs is still saddy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did she say her relationship was magical? I came across this comment and it probably is someone from here?
“You’re coming across like a phoney, @niomismart. It’s absolute bullshit to say that your relationship with Joe was ‘magical’. If that was the case, why has he left you?”
I think to her their relationship was magical. I think that’s one of the more honest things she’s said. I don’t know what to make of her at the moment, I think she’s struggling hugely. I think the whole I’ve found a bit of myself I didn’t know I’d lost might mean that she feels on reflection that she worshipped Joe, which she appeared to. Joe isn’t the bad guy but I think to move on she has to find something to cling to - work, yoga, friends, the idea that somehow she is better off. She may well have just lost the love of her life, in fact I think it’s likely she has.

Reactions: 9
Did she say her relationship was magical? I came across this comment and it probably is someone from here?
“You’re coming across like a phoney, @niomismart. It’s absolute bullshit to say that your relationship with Joe was ‘magical’. If that was the case, why has he left you?”
I think she referred to the experiences/times they shared etc as 'magical'. Clearly the relationship lost the 'magic' for Joe or he/they realised they wanted different things maybe?

I think the lockdown and sharing with Freddie+her were too much for Joe.

Reactions: 7
Define magical:
2. beautiful or delightful in a way that seems removed from everyday life.

So, not real or grounded in real life. Sounds about right tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She said:

"The past four years have been magical, so full of love--true, pure love, and I have absolutely no regrets about the past and I just feel like everything is meant to be, you know, everything happens for a reason. So even though things may not have gone exactly according to plan between joe and i we just feel like everything's meant to happen for a reason and this is life's funny old way of putting us back on the right path. I feel like even though it felt so right at the time, I was on the wrong path and now I'm being guided onto the right path. So that's how I'm looking at it. And I've got into healing mode immediately, I haven't suppressed anything I've just faced it head on and it has been agony but it's been a few weeks now and I feel so much stronger, I feel really positive. I feel like I'm able to close the door on a really beautiful chapter of my life and start a new one and I'm really excited about my future ... So yeah I feel really, I feel good now, I feel like the healing process that I've gone through has been brilliant for me to grow as a person and you would have seen in my previous video that I have been practicing self-love and that has really got me through this and time really is a healer. Everyone kept saying this to me at the beginning but it really is."

Reactions: 7
So interesting she has no regrets but, by continuously reinforcing the fact that she's now back where she should be, living her best life, not letting anyone hold her back focussing on herself now, loving herself, blah blah she seems almost vengeful.

Reactions: 19
I’m saying this in a friendly way... but I will die on this hill! If she loved him and was in love with him (I know there’s debate about that), it’s not “just” a breakup. Her world was turned upside down. I am absolutely not WK’ing her but they were engaged and her entire future just vaporised before her eyes. If nothing else, they would have been extremely attached to each other and even the rupturing of that is extremely painful. I think she’s completely cringeworthy now but I will forever defend her or anyone’s right to make strong statements about the unwanted end of a multi year relationship.

Now, I’ll also say that there is major cognitive dissonance on display here, because if that is how she felt, there is no way she even *should* be feeling so fantastic now apart from in bursts here or there. She can’t have it both ways. I think she is just not equipped to deal with the avalanche of feelings that must be hitting her right now.

(Obv she can have it both ways and there’s no blueprint for this and we all contain multitudes etc. etc. but her claims of happiness just ring particularly false on this occasion. Or maybe I’m just bitter at how long it took me to get over the end of my long term relationship - that’s also possible!)
It’s all good! I definitely agree to disagree. But yes, breakups are hard. I just think Niomi has surrounded herself with people who only empathize and tell her how strong she is, when she needs someone to tell her she’s dramatic as hell.

I’m a very jaded divorce attorney lol. I just don’t think the ring made them like or know each other any better lol.

Reactions: 23
She's just protecting her brand/job w/ all that happy bullshit, I'm sure on the inside she still can't believe it actually happened to someone like HER...

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She's just protecting her brand/job w/ all that happy bullshit, I'm sure on the inside she still can't believe it actually happened to someone like HER...
Definitely. When her IG views plunged,she reposted the 'this too shall pass' garbage to get the views back up. Pahhhhhthetic!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m saying this in a friendly way... but I will die on this hill! If she loved him and was in love with him (I know there’s debate about that), it’s not “just” a breakup. Her world was turned upside down. I am absolutely not WK’ing her but they were engaged and her entire future just vaporised before her eyes. If nothing else, they would have been extremely attached to each other and even the rupturing of that is extremely painful. I think she’s completely cringeworthy now but I will forever defend her or anyone’s right to make strong statements about the unwanted end of a multi year relationship.

Now, I’ll also say that there is major cognitive dissonance on display here, because if that is how she felt, there is no way she even *should* be feeling so fantastic now apart from in bursts here or there. She can’t have it both ways. I think she is just not equipped to deal with the avalanche of feelings that must be hitting her right now.

(Obv she can have it both ways and there’s no blueprint for this and we all contain multitudes etc. etc. but her claims of happiness just ring particularly false on this occasion. Or maybe I’m just bitter at how long it took me to get over the end of my long term relationship - that’s also possible!)
I agree with you. I feel sorry for her. I really do. She’s been all over the place lately but a break up can be one of the worst types of pain in life. When you lose someone you truly love… it breaks you. She’s privileged and is lucky to have family and friends to support her, but the pain that comes with realising that you are no longer sharing your life with the person you care the most in the world crushes you regardless of how nice and supportive people around you are. Everyone loves sharing good moments but we tend to keep the hardships to ourselves (and maybe a few close ones) - she is not allowed to do that so I honestly feel like she builds this cheerful online persona as a coping mechanism. Imagine having over 1m people watching you hit rock bottom? Either that or she really feels good for some moments, I wouldn’t be surprised if she actually believes what she says/writes for some moments and cries in fetal position in others. Healing is the most turbulent journey, isn’t it?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Dimbobs: "I'm not an influencer"
Dreamy Joey: "That's it, I'm out"

Also Dimbobs:

1605826723246.png

I think Dimbobs could never believe her luck of being with Joeeey. Someone insanely attractive, well-connected, seemingly normal, kind and humble.

I remember some people saying when they first broke up that she was the superior one in the relationship. In what bleeping universe?

She was not in any way the "catch" out of the 2 of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I think Dimbobs could never believe her luck of being with Joeeey. Someone insanely attractive, well-connected, seemingly normal, kind and humble.

I remember some people saying when they first broke up that she was the superior one in the relationship. In what bleeping universe?

10000% this. Not to mention he is actually intelligent (law degree from a good university) and has interests that require more than 1 brain cell. What he ever saw in Niomi I will never understand tbh.

It’s all good! I definitely agree to disagree. But yes, breakups are hard. I just think Niomi has surrounded herself with people who only empathize and tell her how strong she is, when she needs someone to tell her she’s dramatic as hell.

I’m a very jaded divorce attorney lol. I just don’t think the ring made them like or know each other any better lol.
With you on this one. Break ups are hard, yep. If I were her though, given the current circumstances we are all living in, I'd just be grateful that she and her family are healthy and financially secure. Said it before but I'll say it again - if a break up is the worst thing that's ever happened in her life, she is insanely fortunate.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Yeah I remember that before they were set up by Charlotte, she saw a photo of him and said that he was 'so good looking' and called him 'dreamy Joe'. So I got the impression that she couldn't believe her luck either.

Reactions: 8
Was Joe trying to send a message? Slide 5, the one immediately after the Sunday rain video he posted on his stories, is about a breakup with a superficial person wanting their partner to be "open to stripping away your entire identity and needs for me".

Reactions: 3
she is not allowed to do that
How do I have to read that? Do you mean, she isn't allowed to share her hardship on social media?
If that's the case, it's her choice.. nobody forbids her. The end decision is on her part.

I know influencers that share these types of things, very raw content. Niomi isn't one of them.

were still able to spot odd vibes coming from Joe in several videos
I have never seen any odd vibes coming from Joe. He seemed pretty normal in her videos. He's 31, he carries himself more maturely than she does.

Reactions: 10
How do I have to read that? Do you mean, she isn't allowed to share her hardship on social media?
If that's the case, it's her choice.. nobody forbids her. The end decision is on her part.

I know influencers that share these types of things, very raw content. Niomi isn't one of them.
This! Amelia Liana went through this like last year or the year before so Niomi literally had a blueprint to follow if she wanted. She could've disappeared from the internet for a while like Amelia did and came back when she was ready. I don't know what people said about Amelia doing this on her thread as I don't read it but for me I thought - fair enough. Good on you. You needed time and you took it. She didn't make a public spectacle of her pain, she just left. Niomi chose not to do that of her own accord. If she doesn't share on social media that's because she's chosen not to, nobody is stopping her but herself. And actually she is displaying more than she thinks by trying to act like she's fine in a really over the top way and embarrassing herself with all this put on faux sexiness.

Reactions: 18
I didn't mean to defend Niomi as an individual, I specially don't agree with her attitude regarding Covid. I just said that she is not allowed not to share what happened with her audience, specially because Joe was a big part of her content. It's normal for people in general to avoid sharing their bad moments but it can be quite hard when your job consists of... sharing your life. If I where her, I'd take indefinite time off social media and focus on something she is passionate about (yoga, maybe?) but I also believe that it's super hard to make sensible decisions when dealing with the pain of a hard break up. Not an excuse for meeting 83334 people in a day during a pandemic tho.

Also when I said "odd vibes coming from Joe" I meant towards her. He used to come across as rather timid on camera but in most of their latest videos he seemed specially uncomfortable. If he was already having second thoughts about the engagement, that makes sense to me. I don't have anything against Joe, he seems to be a nice guy and is indeed very cute.

Reactions: 2
Anyone who doesn’t see that she was smugly shoving him down our throats as the perfect dream man is blind.

I don’t wish the pain of breakup on anyone. But actual breakups, yes, I think certain people would be better off single.

Reactions: 21
Dimbobs: "I'm not an influencer"
Dreamy Joey: "That's it, I'm out"

Also Dimbobs:

View attachment 317204

Isnt ecover a greenwashed arm of Johnson and Johnson ???

Reactions: 4
I'm in no way defending Niomi, but I doubt that she could say anything more than what she said now, Joe is a Woodward, it woudl be probably not very "Smart" of her to enter a shitstorm with a family that is head and shoulders above her.

I'm genuinely curious about what some of you guys think that she should say about the break up.

She is clearly all façade with this "I'm fine, this is fine, this is all fine" show and is suffering tremendously for the humiliation, but she isn't crying on camera to blame Joe or to say horrible things openly. Still, you're not happy because she is fake and she doesn't come out candidly and say that Joe was bored with her, she was lousy in the sack, a popsicle in the sheets, controlling to the point of restricting foods to her partners, ... it's not like she can say that.
People would jump down her throat for being too dramatic and disrespectful or oversharing or not seeing two sides to every story. But than again some people here say that she is overdramatic now.. because she doesn't say anything? Mhm.
Damned if you do damned if you don't. The public is never happy.

I think that what is going on is damage control for her brand and her public persona, it has nothing to do with what's going on with her emotionally. She is clearly spoiled and privileged, this could very well be the worst thing that happened in her life, (how sheltered!!!) but being gracious and respectful of the other person is a must. Or maybe it isn't a big deal to her anymore. That's why she is found Dettol daddy to clean out her pipes. Rebound one night stand, a classic. It reminds me of that joke, "if a man breaks your heart, duck his best friend!" :ROFLMAO: That, she did. Sorta. ;)

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.