Niomi Smart #10 Tier 2 blues, a lot of booze and new screws...Dimbob no longer a snooze

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems to me that Niomi is fascinated by the notion of us, the plebs, using skincare. Why do we do it? :unsure: Doesn't everyone already have the perfect skin like hers? So truly they must use it to FEEL CALM AND MAKE THE WORLD THEIR OYSTER???? :mad:
Wtf Niomi!!! It really makes me angry. Has it never occurred to you that many people have issues with their skin? That maybe so many oils in a product might clog pores or be problematic for allergy-prone skin? Girl, people know their skincare these days. This is not 2010 anymore when people discovered the Trilogy rosehip oil. The oils in your products might be good for the skin but they are biodegradable, who knows what happens 2 weeks, or months after opening your product? Also sure, some of the oils on their own might have good properties, but is there enough to make the product really potent? And is there a carrier to make sure that the skin can absorb the 'goodness'???
No wonder you cannot sell out your bullshit products!!!

And this photo, I cannot...
1603917915207.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It seems to me that Niomi is fascinated by the notion of us, the plebs, using skincare. Why do we do it? :unsure: Doesn't everyone already have the perfect skin like hers? So truly they must use it to FEEL CALM AND MAKE THE WORLD THEIR OYSTER???? :mad:
Wtf Niomi!!! It really makes me angry. Has it never occurred to you that many people have issues with their skin? That maybe so many oils in a product might clog pores or be problematic for allergy-prone skin? Girl, people know their skincare these days. This is not 2010 anymore when people discovered the Trilogy rosehip oil. The oils in your products might be good for the skin but they are biodegradable, who knows what happens 2 weeks, or months after opening your product? Also sure, some of the oils on their own might have good properties, but is there enough to make the product really potent? And is there a carrier to make sure that the skin can absorb the 'goodness'???
No wonder you cannot sell out your bullshit products!!!

And this photo, I cannot...
View attachment 291656
I think you have pointed out something important. People are aware and educated about all these issues. What stuns me is the blind adulation of her followers. They are simply a revenue stream for her but they cannot or will not see that. She has no gravitas and zero expertise but her wishy washy mumbo jumbo is seemingly what people want to hear.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think you have pointed something important. People are aware and educated about all these issues. What stuns me is the blind adulation of her followers. They are simply a revenue stream for her but they cannot or will not see that. She has no gravitas and zero expertise but her wishy washy mumbo jumbo is seemingly what people want to hear.
I think she really overshot with a skincare line. Like undoubtedly there are some products and lines that influencers release and people will lap it up because they like that person. But like you and Compostella say, people are too clued up on skincare now for skincare to be a viable ‘influencer product.’ Objectively, it’s not a good stand alone product and she’s not popular enough for people to look past their skincare knowledge just to buy her crap. Had she done something else, it might’ve worked out better for her 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 22
I also found it interesting in the Bareminerals story, she apologises for tapping her brush. I felt it was a bit of shade to Joe...as in he might of got irritated by it.

Reactions: 11
I think you have pointed out something important. People are aware and educated about all these issues. What stuns me is the blind adulation of her followers. They are simply a revenue stream for her but they cannot or will not see that. She has no gravitas and zero expertise but her wishy washy mumbo jumbo is seemingly what people want to hear.
For sure, but even the die hard/gullible fans who did buy her skincare upon launch will not be repurchasing. It's the kind of thing where they buy at first to support her, but once they use it up (if they ever do) they won't go on to repurchase. The products just objectively aren't good enough or memorable enough for people to keep buying. The brand is bound to fail sooner or later. But Niomi probably doesn't even care because when that day comes she'll just jump onto the next easy cash cow project (like the good influencer that she is -- yes Dimbobs, you are an influencer)

I also found it interesting in the Bareminerals story, she apologises for tapping her brush. I felt it was a bit of shade to Joe...as in he might of got irritated by it.
Thought the exact same thing lol. Who else would she have done her makeup in front of?

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

This is yesterday's podcast. Her ambition is to see a major outlet stock a wall full of her products. Interesting to hear her burble away. Delusional!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
What I didn't get is why she Instagrammed that make up masterclass but then she put a filter on her face so we couldn't see what the make up actually looked like in normal light...:confused:

Reactions: 20
I think her brand/products are awkward in the current market, there's no USP, PR is piss poor and prices aren't low enough for people to blind buy. Also she did not make the most of the initial launch so the momentum is long gone.

This is yesterday's podcast. Her ambition is to see a major outlet stock a wall full of her products. Interesting to hear her burble away. Delusional!!
Just listened. First of all, her sound was awful -- I know it's hard to record guests properly with COVID (not that Niomi would mind meeting up in person) but it's a podcast, the sound is literally the most important thing lol. Anyway, once again she went on and on about how she included 7 of her followers (the 'muses') in her debut campaign and how their stories were "sooo inspiring" -- yet she still hasn't shared any of those stories with her customers. She even said these stories "shaped what Smart Skin is", but the muses were only brought in at the very end for the photoshoot? Lol, not like they were consulted at the beginning phase or even somewhere in the middle. They were literally brought in just a couple of months before the launch to take some photos! If anything they were just free models for Niomi. The host also asked her "what's your beauty routine been like since we've been home? Are you enjoying the no makeup or still putting a bit on to feel good about yourself?" LOL! As if Niomi's been home! Later in the podcast, the host also talked about how "it takes a lot of bravery to show vulnerability and show the bad days" which is ironic considering that's the opposite of our Gleambot. The whole thing was BS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The whole thing was BS.
Honestly to me it seems like she met this Guy Hollis on Tinder or whatevs but Yasmine found out, like she saw them somewhere together, so they made an excuse that they were just working on this "project" and boom Smart Skin was born 🤷‍♀️
I am listening to the podcast now and every word is just a load of BS. So the logic with the muses is that she was 'inspired' by them because they achieved something in life, so now we must be inspired that Niomi has also achieved something by giving us this oh so completely pahfectly sustainable skincare

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I also love how she’s talked about glycerin like it’s this magical, innovative ingredient when it’s one of the most common skincare ingredients...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I wish she’d stop talking about self love. All I can picture is Nimbob modestly masturbating and finishing off with a little “Oooh” and a smug smile 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
She made so much of the fact that the products were a direct result of listening to her tribe of followers. How did she listen to them. She rarely replies to a comment!!

Also, who gives a rat's arse about some random strong women? They have nothing to do with face care. It's a completely unrelated idea. There's no logic to them or the 'brand'.

• Heart
She made so much if the fact that the products were a direft result of listening to her tribe of followers. How did she listen to them. She rarely replies to a comment!!
Yeah I don’t get that. She kept this line secret for ages and supposedly was working on it for two years so when exactly did she get this feedback and stuff?

Reactions: 9
Even promoting their photography skills, which look awful?!

Looking at the Smart Skin website I think I've found who created the products - maybe worth some more digging.

Edit: I realise this must have been covered before as it leads back to Guy and Yasmine. So much BS on that website, ignore me!

This company, Elementary Brands were working with Lydia Millen with her Glo By Lydia, or Globy as we call it over on her thread. There were Pinterest boards with ideas for her brand that were open to the public, such a mess. Strangely LOL once it was pointed out on Tattle that these boards could be seen they were suddenly made private and no longer visible. They had lots of posts relating to Lydia's product (which appeared to be 'Ali Baba tat' bought online in bulk and sold at a huge profit), then suddenly it was as if they never had anything to do with her, all trace of her on their website vanished overnight.

• Wow
This company, Elementary Brands were working with Lydia Millen with her Glo By Lydia, or Globy as we call it over on her thread. There were Pinterest boards with ideas for her brand that were open to the public, such a mess. Strangely LOL once it was pointed out on Tattle that these boards could be seen they were suddenly made private and no longer visible. They had lots of posts relating to Lydia's product (which appeared to be 'Ali Baba tat' bought online in bulk and sold at a huge profit), then suddenly it was as if they never had anything to do with her, all trace of her on their website vanished overnight.
Sounds as if some of these people crawl out from under rocks!

You ride that bike, Nims
She looks like a hybrid Mini Mouse🐀

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.