Nintendo Switch

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Only if you're planning to buy digital games rather than the physical ones really. If you do get one, you don't need to get the Switch branded ones.
Sorry for being annoying but what do you recommend me, some tips when buying nintedno switch

Heyy, im looking to buy Nintendo Switch do i need to buy sd card with it
I got mine from amazon, didn't cost much an was tons cheaper than the official Nintendo switch one, was a San disc ultra micro sd card, I got the 400gb one thinking I needed huge space lol but apparently Nintendo games are quite small so I don't think you'd need one as huge as that, works great for me

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Pretty sure ours is a Sandisk one too, not a massive one, just one we had floating round the house for something else. We've never bought a downloaded game though, so I'm not sure if it actually stores anything!

Pretty sure ours is a Sandisk one too, not a massive one, just one we had floating round the house for something else. We've never bought a downloaded game though, so I'm not sure if it actually stores anything!
You can choose to store the downloaded games onto them, I have a few downloaded games plus hard copy ones, I also keep all my game saves on the sd disc as well, once the sd disc is in you can see what is being stored on both the Nintendo an the disc an how much room each game takes up

Reactions: 1
Has anyone got switch sports? I REALLY want it because WII sports was the bomb but i was also a kid when i had that and think as an adult i'd get real bored real quick!

Has anyone got switch sports? I REALLY want it because WII sports was the bomb but i was also a kid when i had that and think as an adult i'd get real bored real quick!
It feels half finished honestly, a lot of stuff that was in Wii sports and Wii sports resort is missing.

I looked at some reviews but for the price it doesn't seem worth it to me, i also loved Wii sports an thought this would be good to have but I think I'll wait till its on sale

thanks i did think this would be the case, i have felt like this about a few switch games now. Maybe it will go super cheap in a few weeks to boost sales!
There's a promised update for golf that will hopefully include some more stuff, the most annoying part is that three of the included games are volleyball, tennis and badminton and they all pretty much feel like the same game? Badminton and tennis really are just singles and doubles of the same game and volleyball is a very slight twist on the same theme. They're fun don't get me wrong but it feels bit like a con counting them as three sports.

Finally completed skyward sword! Spent so much time on that final boss and did it with 8 hearts left!

I don't think I'll ever play it again and do side quests after that. Lovley music and it looked great. But the motion controls are a nightmare, never want to use them again.

Finally completed skyward sword! Spent so much time on that final boss and did it with 8 hearts left!

I don't think I'll ever play it again and do side quests after that. Lovley music and it looked great. But the motion controls are a nightmare, never want to use them again.
Yeah I felt the same, great game story and looks wise but ruined by the controls just like on Wii.

I'm looking forward to Fall Guys coming to switch, it seems made for it. Hopefully it runs decently!

Hi! Does anyone have a recommendation for an "aftermarket" dock please? Need one for another TV rather than unplugging everything all the time, but would rather get a £30ish Amazon one than the 💰💰💰 for an official one. There are so many on there!

Not a recommendation, but I was wondering how much Nintendo charged and expected to be outraged at £50, but it's £119.99 :oops:. Wow! there's barely anything to it. I almost binned mine as for the first year or so didn;t play docked.

I paid £260 for a switch and Mario Odyssey when it came out.

Amazon product

It's insane how expensive Nintendo is, I got my switch free as part of my phone deal but damn does everything cost a lot for it, I find watching YouTube videos for reviews helpful when I need to get somthing just to make sure it's not going damage it if its not the official Nintendo brand

Nintendo's business model sometimes seems genius, sometimes exploitative.

I bought the pro controller for 50 and thought that was OK value. Very well made and for something like controllers it's often a false economy spending half the price for something that's massively inferior.

Not a recommendation, but I was wondering how much Nintendo charged and expected to be outraged at £50, but it's £119.99 :oops:. Wow! there's barely anything to it. I almost binned mine as for the first year or so didn;t play docked.

Amazon product
Yep I'm sure we paid about that for a Switch when they were released, I don't know how much they are now, but almost seems it would be better value to buy a second one.

It's insane how expensive Nintendo is, I got my switch free as part of my phone deal but damn does everything cost a lot for it, I find watching YouTube videos for reviews helpful when I need to get somthing just to make sure it's not going damage it if its not the official Nintendo brand
Oh yes, never thought of that! We had to get a Switch Lite charging port fixed as were using a different charger in the car :rolleyes:

Nintendo's business model sometimes seems genius, sometimes exploitative.

I bought the pro controller for 50 and thought that was OK value. Very well made and for something like controllers it's often a false economy spending half the price for something that's massively inferior.
Yep, we went through about 3 cheap controllers before buying a pro controller.

Amazon product
This "old style" dock has been discontinued by Nintendo which is probably why Amazon sellers are charging so much for one.

That said Nintendo only have the new dock alone on their site at the moment (no cables) and still want £60 for it!

So I’ve only just bought a switch, have been stuck into animal crossing for a few days, but wanting to explore some two player games. I currently only have one controller and saw above a few of you have had to try several different ones. Has anyone got any recommendations or do I just need to cough up for proper ones?!

I'm a lifelong Nintendo gamer, so I'm used to overpaying for games/accessories. I get that they're often higher quality, but they so rarely reduce prices.

I'm just used to it by now. I have to basically spread out my spending!

So I’ve only just bought a switch, have been stuck into animal crossing for a few days, but wanting to explore some two player games. I currently only have one controller and saw above a few of you have had to try several different ones. Has anyone got any recommendations or do I just need to cough up for proper ones?!
I personally only ever buy the official ones. I just find the third party ones poorer quality and less responsive.