Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

queenamber

VIP Member
And you’re enjoying it?! Not too samey with AC? I’m debating buying it!
I haven't played Animal Crossing (yet! Just recently got the Switch) so I can't really compare BUT I'm really enjoying it. It's a great mix of life sim and adventure/quests. I find the gardening, decorating, fishing, and cooking really therapeutic.

I didn't realize this before buying it but it's coming out free next year so there'll be lots of updates to come I'm sure. I would bet the realms/different Disney worlds will be expanded a lot.

Reactions: 2

Yel

Chatty Member
I can't believe the new Zelda is out already, I completed the main quest of the last one but still feel like I need to play it a fair bit more before moving on.

I got the dlc stuff and then haven't played in years 😬 (I don't think I understood what it was)

Iced Coffee

My personal favs are the Skyrim port and Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I'm a huge Nintendo fangirl in general and can't wait until Animal Crossing comes out next year (y)

chickhicks86

VIP Member
Pretty sure ours is a Sandisk one too, not a massive one, just one we had floating round the house for something else. We've never bought a downloaded game though, so I'm not sure if it actually stores anything!

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm still getting used to the game, but I'm enjoying it so far. The new abilities take some learning, though.
I kinda feel like recipes, things breaking and wearing the right clothes for the weather was a bit too complicated for me in the last one.

Any game that talks about crafting I think I don't have the time for this 😬

I wish there was an option for old and no patience and took it took out some of this stuff that doesn't appeal to people who are stuck in the past and loved n64 Zelda.

• Haha

Bluefox

Chatty Member
Pokemon sword!

I've just finished the main game, thinking of getting the expansion. I've enjoyed this one way more than the last few (black/white, x/y, sun/moon) but it has made me want to go back and revisit them on my DS 😬

I have Professor Layton to finish next

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Heyy, im looking to buy Nintendo Switch do i need to buy sd card with it
I got mine from amazon, didn't cost much an was tons cheaper than the official Nintendo switch one, was a San disc ultra micro sd card, I got the 400gb one thinking I needed huge space lol but apparently Nintendo games are quite small so I don't think you'd need one as huge as that, works great for me

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Finally completed skyward sword! Spent so much time on that final boss and did it with 8 hearts left!

I don't think I'll ever play it again and do side quests after that. Lovley music and it looked great. But the motion controls are a nightmare, never want to use them again.

LilacAries

animal crossing, i’m addicted and it’s a problem seriously, had to force myself to turn it off today because otherwise i spend all day and night on it
also i have mario kart 8 which is really fun especially when you’re on online

i wanna get rollercoaster tycoon adventures next

Ensay

VIP Member
Is TotK a continuation of BotW? I've been playing BotW for the first time, no idea how far into it I am but am curious to see what TotK is like, I don't want to spoil any of the story of BotW though if it's picking up where it left off, am I better just completing BotW first?
It makes sense to finish BotW first, as TotK picks up a few months after the events of BotW.

I think it might get a bit confusing playing the two at the same time.

Snazzy Cardigan

I've been playing animal crossing for a couple of weeks and I don't get it either. Loved the original and pocket camp, but this doesn't feel like it's moved on much. I'm sick of faffing around making new tools every day because they break and catching just sea bass. DIY recipes always want wood, so I chop trees and end up with endless amounts of hardwood then my axe breaks again. I save up nook points to fly somewhere and get the same 3 islands with nothing on them! My residents are just rude, I've written them letters asking them to clear off my island if they don't want to be nice but they are still here. My shop just sells tat that no-one wants and I'm fed up with them following me round like I'm a shoplifter.

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
I think the plan is to release the new switch stuff this week so that during E3 people can show their games on the new switch.

I think it's going to be at least £349.

Finally completed skyward sword! Spent so much time on that final boss and did it with 8 hearts left!

I don't think I'll ever play it again and do side quests after that. Lovley music and it looked great. But the motion controls are a nightmare, never want to use them again.
Yeah I felt the same, great game story and looks wise but ruined by the controls just like on Wii.

I'm looking forward to Fall Guys coming to switch, it seems made for it. Hopefully it runs decently!

Snippysnips

VIP Member
It's insane how expensive Nintendo is, I got my switch free as part of my phone deal but damn does everything cost a lot for it, I find watching YouTube videos for reviews helpful when I need to get somthing just to make sure it's not going damage it if its not the official Nintendo brand

Snippysnips

VIP Member
Has anyone got switch sports? I REALLY want it because WII sports was the bomb but i was also a kid when i had that and think as an adult i'd get real bored real quick!
I looked at some reviews but for the price it doesn't seem worth it to me, i also loved Wii sports an thought this would be good to have but I think I'll wait till its on sale

My niece got a Switch for Christmas, I hadn't really given them much thought. But when I was looking after her one day when she was off school sick, she was showing me Crash Bandicoot, and oh my goodness I really want one now! It had the exact same levels as the one I played as a youngster on my PS1 😢 so nostalgic.
I got Crash bundle during the e store sale and for all three for £17.50 - total blast from the past and I actually suck at playing it but it’s keeping me entertained.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Has anyone else been playing skyward sword?

I just want to finish it now, but the final boss stuff is too difficult to me no matter how much I watch guides that say just jump back. :( Don't think I can go and find any more hearts and each time I want to try it I need to go right back to the top inside the temple to sit down to refill the hearts
Not me, but my son. He has said exactly the same as you, even when he jumps back as much as he can be still can't beat the boss. My husband is going to have a go today and see if he can do it.

Reactions: 1

moimoi

VIP Member
If you like Mario odyssey type platform games, then you’ll love Luigi’s mansion. I first completed it in January and then played it again from the start last week. I love it. Marios odyssey was fab. I’m always gutted when I finish a game. Animal crossing hasn’t really been sold to me either. I’m waiting for ray man to arrive now.
I loved Mario Odyssey and was really excited about Luigi's Mansion, but I just couldn't get into it. ☹ I really didn't like the controls! I actually traded it in for Animal Crossing, which I'm loving, but really hating all these annoying influencers jumping on the hype!

Reactions: 1