Nintendo Switch

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a switch lite and I have 2 games
Animal crossing (reason i bought the switch)
Spyro the dragon (all the games)

Ive just brought one, Im loving animal crossing but does anyone else have any other games they recommend? Ive not played games like this in about 15 years so I feel a little out of my depth with looking for games.
I have re-bought so many old games I had on various Playstation consoles - Ni No Kuni (Ghibli aesthetics) and Final Fantasy IX (obviously super old graphics but reminds me of being a teenager). Maybe revisit an old favourite, the advantage of the Switch is you no longer have to take over the TV if you play handheld.

the game and watch was the only real unexpected Zelda announcement :( I wish I didn't find botw so complex as I'm sure it's a good game. I'm just not that excited about a sequel

screen-shot-2021-06-15-at-12-36-03-pm.png

Yel

Anyone else a bit meh over the new oled model? I've barely gone anywhere and always use it docked so wanted a hardware upgrade to run smoother. The bezels are still quite large, just a small incremental update

Reactions: 1
For looks it looks pretty nice, mines is the older one an has the blue an red sides, I still like it an am not sure graphic wise on the TV there would be much difference between the two although I find handheld mode is better for me

Been pretty addicted to fire emblem three houses, an looking forward to trying the voice of cards, I like that they allow you to have demos of most of the games because for some reason the switch games seem to be incredible expensive

I loved mine until it got awful drift. Seems like they are never going to change the consoles and I refuse to pay £80 for new joycons every 6 months 🤷‍♀️

Oh god the drift drives me insane an even more at knowing that they know about this, there is videos on YouTube that show you how to fix it, it's somthing to do with putting a bit of card under the joy stick an it stops it but I've never tried it, I only have drift on the right side

I have a switch lite to play animal crossing but the battery keeps draining on it. Keep forgetting to book it in for a repair.

Nintendo repairs are awful in my experience. They sent back joycons "fixed" but didn't package them very well and one of them was smashed by the time I got it back. It was many many weeks with no joycons. Should have just bought some new ones then returned the drifting ones.

People seem outraged by the switch expansion pack to play n64 games, but it's "only" £15 extra. With how high Nintendo price things I expected more quite frankly. Yes it is expensive to rent to play 20 year old games but if you get a couple of hours of entertainment a year then it's not that much.

Nintendo repairs are awful in my experience. They sent back joycons "fixed" but didn't package them very well and one of them was smashed by the time I got it back. It was many many weeks with no joycons. Should have just bought some new ones then returned the drifting ones.

People seem outraged by the switch expansion pack to play n64 games, but it's "only" £15 extra. With how high Nintendo price things I expected more quite frankly. Yes it is expensive to rent to play 20 year old games but if you get a couple of hours of entertainment a year then it's not that much.

This has me sold to be fair, off to charge my Switch, been trying to get my sister's old N64 for the past ten years but she refuses despite it gathering dust in her bedroom at my parents where she doesn't even live.

So this seems a far better alternative. Looks like they do Mega Drive games too which throws me having lived through the console wars of the early 90s.

Has anyone else been playing skyward sword?

I just want to finish it now, but the final boss stuff is too difficult to me no matter how much I watch guides that say just jump back. :( Don't think I can go and find any more hearts and each time I want to try it I need to go right back to the top inside the temple to sit down to refill the hearts

I just want to finish it now, but the final boss stuff is too difficult to me no matter how much I watch guides that say just jump back. :( Don't think I can go and find any more hearts and each time I want to try it I need to go right back to the top inside the temple to sit down to refill the hearts
I haven't sorry, is there no way to change difficulty settings? Maybe just set it as easy just for the one battle?

Not me, but my son. He has said exactly the same as you, even when he jumps back as much as he can be still can't beat the boss. My husband is going to have a go today and see if he can do it.

I think I beat it through luck in the end, at least my 20th go! I remember it being a nightmare on the Wii as well.

Not me, but my son. He has said exactly the same as you, even when he jumps back as much as he can be still can't beat the boss. My husband is going to have a go today and see if he can do it.
Ah do report back how he gets on.

I don't want to sound bitter but I don't think it's a very well designed battle. The breath of the wild final one was tricky but slowly you learnt more and more and progressed. This one nothing and the setup each time to get there with all the hearts is tedious. It'll be another darker side of the moon where it took me years to actually get it done 😆

Has anyone played the super Mario U deluxe? Tempted to buy it I hardly go on my switch to be honest I bought it in the first lockdown for animal crossing but it got on my nerves 😂