Nintendo Switch

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question, can you bookmark games on the switch?

Everytime I go onto the switch there's a game I haven't played at the start, it's got a little box above it with a ↓ on it, I've no idea how I done that, did I bookmark it an if so can you remove it so you can bookmark another?

It doesn't bother me, just made me curious as to what it is an how I done it 😂
Is the cart for that game in the Switch? The box you describe sounds like the little cart picture to me. If the cart is in it will always be at the start.

AHH thank you, yeah the cart for it is in, but this is the first it's done this to me, I've been playing stardew so usually when I go on its the first one, an that one's second so thought maybe I had clicked something 😅 my switch just updated so maybe this is why

Thanks ☺

I can't believe the new Zelda is out already, I completed the main quest of the last one but still feel like I need to play it a fair bit more before moving on.

I got the dlc stuff and then haven't played in years 😬 (I don't think I understood what it was)

Reactions: 2
Oh I forgot about this thread! My copy of Tears of the Kingdom arrived early yesterday and I've already spent hours on it.

I'm still getting used to the game, but I'm enjoying it so far. The new abilities take some learning, though.

You can play TotK if you've either never played BotW or haven't played BotW for a long time, as it introduces you to the mechanics again during the tutorial mode.

Reactions: 1
Is TotK a continuation of BotW? I've been playing BotW for the first time, no idea how far into it I am but am curious to see what TotK is like, I don't want to spoil any of the story of BotW though if it's picking up where it left off, am I better just completing BotW first?

Is TotK a continuation of BotW? I've been playing BotW for the first time, no idea how far into it I am but am curious to see what TotK is like, I don't want to spoil any of the story of BotW though if it's picking up where it left off, am I better just completing BotW first?
It makes sense to finish BotW first, as TotK picks up a few months after the events of BotW.

I think it might get a bit confusing playing the two at the same time.

I'm still getting used to the game, but I'm enjoying it so far. The new abilities take some learning, though.
I kinda feel like recipes, things breaking and wearing the right clothes for the weather was a bit too complicated for me in the last one.

Any game that talks about crafting I think I don't have the time for this 😬

I wish there was an option for old and no patience and took it took out some of this stuff that doesn't appeal to people who are stuck in the past and loved n64 Zelda.

• Haha
I kinda feel like recipes, things breaking and wearing the right clothes for the weather was a bit too complicated for me in the last one.

Any game that talks about crafting I think I don't have the time for this 😬

I wish there was an option for old and no patience and took it took out some of this stuff that doesn't appeal to people who are stuck in the past and loved n64 Zelda.
Things breaking is IT for me. I just cannot be bothered with weapons breaking on me every 5 minutes 😂 Don't mind the clothes thing so much but I really hate that weapons break so easily :(

My partner said he hated things breaking in BoTW. I’ve not long started playing it and the first time he was all “see, I told you!” 🤣
When I first started I missed the chests with the clothes in it so Link was running around half naked until I restarted and realised.

I didn't mind the wooden sword breaking in the early Zelda's, but it's just that everything breaks so quickly. Was excited to get the master sword but that effectively breaks after a few minutes and needs to be recharged or something.

Most recipes it seems abit pointless going to the effort to collect various items to mix them and get 3 hearts. Woopdie doo . And for the stuff to make something special to save yourself from electric or something I'd rather opt out of that. I spend enough time cooking and dealing with nonsense IRL.

I'm aware that I'm a grumpy old woman, but this stuff isn't for me and I consider it wasting my time and effort.

Yeah I'm an old school Zelda fan, so the weapon durability annoyed me too at the start. But in the end I got used to it and, once you know where most weapons can be obtained, you don't mind so much about them breaking. If they'd made it so you got to permanently keep one of every weapon in the game, your inventory would need to be massive.

Also, regarding potions, apart from some specific parts, you can largely ignore them. For example the 'speed up' potion is only really needed if you want to go a bit quicker, but you don't have to. Defence/attack potions help if you're struggling with certain enemies or bosses, but aren't required, and so on.

I do get the objections, as I had them myself, but I ended up playing the game so much that they ended up being second nature. I've never been one for PC gaming, so my 'to play' list is small. :D

I hope the next Zelda game (which, let's face it, will be for the next generation Nintendo console) is a bit more like traditional Zelda, though. By that I mean the return of proper dungeons with big keys/compasses, plus a different Hyrule with weapons you get to keep. I miss it when dungeons gave you a new item (like the hookshot) that you needed to complete the dungeon and kill the boss, plus it meant you could suddenly explore more of the map.

It makes sense to finish BotW first, as TotK picks up a few months after the events of BotW.

I think it might get a bit confusing playing the two at the same time.
Thanks, I'll get it finished first, maybe by the time I finish it then TotK will be a little cheaper as well 😅

Has anyone bought games from Music magpie please? And recommendations for games similar to Pokémon? (strategy / puzzle type games)

Another switch person here and have to say I’m loving faefarm at the moment anyone else play it? I have deleted my animal crossing islands so many times to start again its unreal 😂😂

I haven’t tried Fae Farm yet. I did buy it and on my list but I then got a Steam Deck which is taking up all my time

Another switch person here and have to say I’m loving faefarm at the moment anyone else play it? I have deleted my animal crossing islands so many times to start again its unreal 😂😂
I got it, got quite into it an have now forgotten about it 😅 I ended up getting back into stardew now I've got it on pc an can mod

I quite liked faefarm, I played it just before the updates I think, will need to try get back on it an see what's new