Nikki Grahame of big brother fame passes away aged 38.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its mad people even know her BMI šŸ¤Æ (not a dig, just commentary on what gets shared)
itā€™s sickening that was shared

I'm a bit sceptical about this 5 stone at 5 foot 1 claim. Her BMI was ~9-10 when she went into hospital so she would have had to have gained a lot of weight in three weeks.
that was when she went into Vincentā€™s square in July though? She restored some of that weight before losing some again on discharge. At passing she was 5 šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Sad
Reactions: 5
This is interesting, I wish the therapy session could still be streamed. There are so many things that could be learned from it, like how to deal with emotions and frustrating situations and how to engage with others.

I found this article and it described how Nikki just sat in silence for 15 minutes as she felt offended - I used to react like that, sulky and withdrawn, when I felt offended or rejected. This therapist seems to be very good.

It is tragic that all this therapy couldn't help her or maybe it helped but it didn't save her in the end.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I read a few days ago the hospital has opened an enquiry into her death ,nothing untoward's it's standard practice for patients that leave their care that have a sudden passing . So reading between the lines it looks like it was just a case of sudden death brought on by her condition god bless her :(

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56813458

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1
This is interesting, I wish the therapy session could still be streamed. There are so many things that could be learned from it, like how to deal with emotions and frustrating situations and how to engage with others.

I found this article and it described how Nikki just sat in silence for 15 minutes as she felt offended - I used to react like that, sulky and withdrawn, when I felt offended or rejected. This therapist seems to be very good.

It is tragic that all this therapy couldn't help her or maybe it helped but it didn't save her in the end.
Therapy being filmed to be shown to anyone other than the client and therapist will never have the same effect as a private counselling relationship

Reactions: 8
I think Nikki just had different friendships with Pete and Imogen. I do anyway with my friends! I see some more than others. God, I havenā€™t seen one of my best ones in about five years. Such is life, distance then 2020 Covid. Doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re any less a friend. I think itā€™s daft anyone saying ā€œbut you didnā€™t see her this past yearā€ when it was a pandemic and itā€™s pretty normal not to see some friends for ages, but youā€™re still in frequent contact with them. Sounds like theyā€™re both hurting badly which is expected but thereā€™s no need to attack one friend.

Reactions: 12
Therapy being filmed to be shown to anyone other than the client and therapist will never have the same effect as a private counselling relationship
I don't know if this is the case (never experienced this) for the patient, but the viewers can certainly learn something.
I had quite a few insights from what therapists said about other people's behaviour.

If I knew my therapy was going to be shown to others, I wouldnt commit to it like I would in private. Trauma and illness cant always be a learning experience for others.

I don't know if this is the case (never experienced this) for the patient, but the viewers can certainly learn something.
I had quite a few insights from what therapists said about other people's behaviour.
What do you mean?

What makes the therapeutic relationship so unique is the boundaries of confidentiality and the safe space to allow a client to explore personal issues in private. The client would have to consent to it being used in this way, and therefore one could argue they would hold back knowing these secure boundaries arenā€™t there. To put this out for the world to see gives a very different spin on things.

Reactions: 4
What do you mean?

What makes the therapeutic relationship so unique is the boundaries of confidentiality and the safe space to allow a client to explore personal issues in private. The client would have to consent to it being used in this way, and therefore one could argue they would hold back knowing these secure boundaries arenā€™t there. To put this out for the world to see gives a very different spin on things.
What I mean is that the viewers can learn from what is being discussed in this shared therapy session:

For example:
The Paris Hilton documentary had been commented by a few therapists and they shared insights (eg Paris often talks like a little girl to avoid being told off or having to accept responsibility like an adult would) that can help the viewers to reflect their own behaviour.

The therapist Nikki spoke to share that the eating disorder is a coping mechanism and if this is being removed the underlying problems can be addressed. Nikki said that in the past most of her therapy focused on the eating disorder and this was the first time that she was encouraged to look behind/beyond this. -> This can be translated to other coping mechanisms (avoidance, binge eating etc) - it encourages viewers that have a "coping mechanism" to look for why they have adopted this coping mechanism.

So I believe there can be value for viewers.

I agree that a "public session" is less valuable for the patient (so Nikki in this case) but she could follow up in private and obviously agreed to it and most likely was paid for it, too. It was her choice and I still think there could be some benefit in this (she said herself that she gained insight).

What I mean is that the viewers can learn from what is being discussed in this shared therapy session:

For example:
The Paris Hilton documentary had been commented by a few therapists and they shared insights (eg Paris often talks like a little girl to avoid being told off or having to accept responsibility like an adult would) that can help the viewers to reflect their own behaviour.

The therapist Nikki spoke to share that the eating disorder is a coping mechanism and if this is being removed the underlying problems can be addressed. Nikki said that in the past most of her therapy focused on the eating disorder and this was the first time that she was encouraged to look behind/beyond this. -> This can be translated to other coping mechanisms (avoidance, binge eating etc) - it encourages viewers that have a "coping mechanism" to look for why they have adopted this coping mechanism.

So I believe there can be value for viewers.

I agree that a "public session" is less valuable for the patient (so Nikki in this case) but she could follow up in private and obviously agreed to it and most likely was paid for it, too. It was her choice and I still think there could be some benefit in this (she said herself that she gained insight).
While it may be valuable for viewers, Iā€™d be questioning the ethics around how valuable it is for the client. A therapist should always work in the best interest of the client so Iā€™m like šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 5
If you google nikki itā€™s all about Pete. None of her other friends have commented and while I felt for him in the beginning because Iā€™m not totally heartless it does seem to be becoming the Pete Bennett show. The cynical part of my brain is thinking of his acting career too and how getting his name out there again canā€™t hurt.

He should shush now. I had to unfollow him on Instagram.

One of my best friends used to spend ALOT of time with Pete in squats in Brighton before & after BB. When he saw him on BB he couldnā€™t believe how bad his Touretteā€™s was. So, when he finally saw him a few years later my friend asked him about it. Pete told him that he exaggerated the Touretteā€™s in his audition tape to get on Big Brother and was told by producers that the audience would love it. Apparently Pete claims he never ā€˜datedā€™ Nikki, he faked it. He liked her to a point but found her annoying and not his type of person. Unfortunately Nikki thought they were an item and was heartbroken when Pete disappeared. I believe Nikki was naive and vulnerable when it came to romance and Pete took full advantage.
Pete loved to show off to his druggie friends about what he did and they found it hilarious. Pete Bennett is a disgusting person and he has behaved in exactly the manner I would have expected.
RIP Nikki. Wherever you are, please know you have family and friends who donā€™t use your name in vain. They will always stand by you and respect your privacy and dignity ā¤

D252D094-08DB-446C-8118-ECE1BE48326B.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 11
While it may be valuable for viewers, Iā€™d be questioning the ethics around how valuable it is for the client. A therapist should always work in the best interest of the client so Iā€™m like šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
The "client" was probably the producer and both Nikki and the therapist got paid.

I know what you mean, but the "patients" agree to it and - unlike Big Brother, Love Island etc - at least they are being discussed by a well-meaning professional and not fellow contesters and the press (that might not always be that well-meaning).

One of my best friends used to spend ALOT of time with Pete in squats in Brighton before & after BB. When he saw him on BB he couldnā€™t believe how bad his Touretteā€™s was. So, when he finally saw him a few years later my friend asked him about it. Pete told him that he exaggerated the Touretteā€™s in his audition tape to get on Big Brother and was told by producers that the audience would love it. Apparently Pete claims he never ā€˜datedā€™ Nikki, he faked it. He liked her to a point but found her annoying and not his type of person. Unfortunately Nikki thought they were an item and was heartbroken when Pete disappeared. I believe Nikki was naive and vulnerable when it came to romance and Pete took full advantage.
Pete loved to show off to his druggie friends about what he did and they found it hilarious. Pete Bennett is a disgusting person and he has behaved in exactly the manner I would have expected.
RIP Nikki. Wherever you are, please know you have family and friends who donā€™t use your name in vain. They will always stand by you and respect your privacy and dignity ā¤

View attachment 544419
Iā€™ve heard similar stories before and Iā€™ve never liked the lad, nor do I believe a word heā€™s said.

• Heart
I would have thought she would have been tube fed. My brother was told he would either voluntarily agree to be tube fed or theyā€™d have to section him so Nikki being at such a low weight id have thought theyā€™d have done the same.

Itā€™s really sad having learnt more about her life since her death her tantrums in BB were obviously not put on for entertainment, they came from a place of having grown up pretty much in secure units.

I saw an interview she did with a psychologist for the programme ā€˜Nikki In Therapyā€™ and she was so eloquently spoken and very self-aware. The psychologist said that Nikki reverts back to age 8 because thatā€™s the age her eating disorder started, and thatā€™s the point she lost her childhood.
Id really like to watch this, does anyone know where I can watch ā€˜In therapyā€™ online?

Was he the one who set up the fundraiser?

I saw him on GMB and his tourette seemed real and authentic.
Believe me the WANKER thing was made up for BB. Iā€™m not saying that he doesnā€™t have Touretteā€™s, simply that he exaggerated it. My friend has no reason to lie.

Believe me the WANKER thing was made up for BB. Iā€™m not saying that he doesnā€™t have Touretteā€™s, simply that he exaggerated it. My friend has no reason to make this up.
Iā€™ve heard similar stories before and Iā€™ve never liked the lad, nor do I believe a word heā€™s said.
I wouldnā€™t trust him at all. Take what he says with a pinch of salt.
Its no suprise he wants to be an actor. Fooling the nation obviously gave him a taste for acting.

Reactions: 2
I always thought that Pete exaggerated his Tourette's and was an utter narcissist. He definitely loved being the centre of attention but did people with learning disabilities no favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I always had a feeling that Pete exaggerated his tourettes, he definitely played to the crowd anyway.
They were part of BB when the natural contestants had been and gone, it was all an experiment in the early BBs but by the time it got to BB4 and above, LOTS of faking went on.
I know this is a Nicky thread, I hope she is now at peace šŸ™

Still gutted about this...I had to unfollow her on Instagram a few years back as I could see she had relapsed. Then Rylan did that reunion and I was so shocked - she could barely keep her head up. :(

One of my favourite moments was when they had that task where they had to stand on podiums and she gave up after about 5 minutes. šŸ˜‚ Also the 'I'm not gonna suck bleeping arseholes' rant when Lisa nominated her for eviction. And her standing up to that slag Helen Wood!