Nikki Grahame of big brother fame passes away aged 38.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know what you mean @TripleC's . I think it’s nice to share classic BB memories of hers, I read somewhere that she went into the house because she wanted to be known for being on Big Brother and not for her illness.

There was a moment involving Nikki on BB I’ll never forget (have never found a clip though).
The housemates were given a task to “find out” the meaning of life. A few of them were sitting in the Big Brother garden, having a serious discussion about it, then Nikki suddenly stormed past and said “I don’t care about the meaning of life, all I care about is the 1980s!”. It makes me laugh every time I think about it.
I have just watched this episode!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The documentary 🥺
I feel so sorry for her mum but how much was Nikki like her, the way she spoke and the facial expressions.
It’s on All4 for the next month if anyone wants to watch it, it’s terribly sad though.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I watched her mum on loose women ,it’s soul destroying watching someone battle their demons but nothing compared to what they must be going through themselves 🙁

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Such a hard hitting documentary. I remember her on This Morning a couple of years ago speaking out against a WL app aimed at kids it was clear she was unwell then ,I don’t know how she refrained from punching the twit beside her that thought it was a great idea ,they need to listen to the people that live with these terrible illnesses especially when ED amongst kids has risen massively over the course of the pandemic a WL app is the last thing a child needs.

Reactions: 11
I’m watching the documentary now and she looked so poorly towards the end of her life 😥. It’s very sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just watched the documentary too, just heartbreaking. I really hope Nikki is at peace now ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I watched it tonight. So bloody sad. I'm glad she had some good friends though and as much as people flag the psychologist test stuff it seems she was happy she took part in Big Brother. It doesn't seem to have made her situation worse and her family and friends feel it was beneficial for her. I'm glad she got to achieve something she wanted.

Reactions: 11
I was surprised she spent so much of her young life institutionalised away from her family ,she must've learned a lot of coping mechanisms that maybe benefitted her in the BB house.

Reactions: 6
It was a heartbreaking watch. My sister has anorexia and bulimia and it’s awful to watch someone you love so much think they don’t deserve it, that they’re worthless and that this is the only thing they can control. She went into a SEDU last year for the first time at 46 as despite suffering for 30years it spiralled out of control with the start of lockdown. I do hope Nikki is at peace now as I know my sister has said so many times she wishes that the anorexia and bulimia voice would go away. It’s a really tragic illness and when it’s went on for many many years it becomes such a big part of you. Another thing is that a lot of women with autism have an ED and again this is linked to control and safe places. Not saying this is Nikki but it could possibly be one of the reasons it started so young especially as times were changing in her home life.

• Heart
Absolutely heartbreaking! She had such a strong support network and some great friends it seems. Makes you think about what happens to those who don’t have such a good network. It’s tragic knowing that had lockdown not happened, she’d probably be here today. Covid has so much to answer for beyond the direct impact of the illness.

Two things that stood out for me - her confidence in BB never would have made me think ED. It goes to show that just because somebody exudes confidence in their body, you have no idea what else is going on. The other was my surprise at how young it began with her and how much of her time was spent in recovery centres growing up. It explains so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought one of the saddest parts was when she was waiting to go out the door after she’d been evicted from her first Big Brother. It looked like she was petrified everyone would boo her when the doors opened (understandably, given she’d been voted off) and her face when it was cheers 😢. She was endearingly childlike.

I didn’t watch her series but it looked like she was voted out early by the amount of people there. That surprised me because I think of Nikki when I think of Big Brother.

• Heart
I thought one of the saddest parts was when she was waiting to go out the door after she’d been evicted from her first Big Brother. It looked like she was petrified everyone would boo her when the doors opened (understandably, given she’d been voted off) and her face when it was cheers 😢. She was endearingly childlike.

I didn’t watch her series but it looked like she was voted out early by the amount of people there. That surprised me because I think of Nikki when I think of Big Brother.
i reckon they knew she'd win and felt threatened so voted her out as they were all there for the money unlike nikki who was there for herself and it showed in her time there

• Heart
Reactions: 7