Nicola Bulley Missing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thats random
She found Willow running loose, tied her to the bench (where the phone was!) and called her DIL because she recognised the dog but couldn’t quite remember who she belonged to.
The DIL then called N’s partner.

The woman who found her couldn’t stay / take Willow / do anything else because she had to go to an appointment.

Really odd.

Reactions: 10
So we’re all thinking about the ten min window but she was seen at 9.10 then police think her phone was on the bench by 9.20 and her dog was found at 9.35 but really that’s a 25 min window for something to have happened isn’t it?
As much as it seams likely she’s fallen into the river something around this feels off.
Surely they would have found her body by now too. She wasn’t gone or drowning for that long before they would’ve started looking for her

Reactions: 7
I have just seen on twitter that Nicola’s sister does not believe she went into the water

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Surely they would have found her body by now too. She wasn’t gone or drowning for that long before they would’ve started looking for her
Remember that poor women from glee though didn’t she disappear for days in the lake and everyone was thinking something strange had gone on but she’d drowned.

But at the same time they always say it’s the people giving the press interviews who end up being guilty.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
On the subject of people not behaving the way you'd expect during a traumatic situation- this is a total me-rail so I'll spoiler but TW suicide:

ive been through a couple of traumatic situations. My daughter was resuscitated and birth and we were told she had a 50/50 chance of survival and would almost certainly be disabled. Apparently i then announced to my ex i had a bed bath (i cant remember) and asked FIL if he'd lost weight.
I lost my mum to suicide 5 years ago. I remember just insisting i wanted to leave the hospital and go home alone. The next day i decided to take my daughter on a preplanned holiday, leaving my stepdad and brother to plan the funeral. I was asking my mate if she thought i was a sociopath because i felt fine. No doubt people thought my behaviour was bizarre and inappropriate

There really isn't one correct to deal with trauma. People have been falsely accused and even convicted based on their behaviour following a traumatic event, eg Lindy Chamberlain.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think that it looks likely that she went into the river, whether intentional or fell.
I think the fact that very early on police said there was no 3rd party involvement and given how quickly her partner called the police that there may have been some aspect of Nicola’s mental health / state of mind that hasn’t been released.
If I got a call to say my dog had been found I would have gone down there, walked the route, rang family and friends etc before then ringing the police. Unless I was concerned about their state of mind in which case it would be straight on to police for welfare checks etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Very interesting from the sister. I think more wil come out from police in the next few days to back up what the sister says

Reactions: 12
She found Willow running loose, tied her to the bench (where the phone was!) and called her DIL because she recognised the dog but couldn’t quite remember who she belonged to.
The DIL then called N’s partner.

The woman who found her couldn’t stay / take Willow / do anything else because she had to go to an appointment.

Really odd.
My thoughts…

So the DIL knew N‘s partner? Did she know N? I’m thinking the woman and DIL are involved somehow! And the partners body language is off!

Reactions: 3
On the subject of people not behaving the way you'd expect during a traumatic situation- this is a total me-rail so I'll spoiler but TW suicide:

ive been through a couple of traumatic situations. My daughter was resuscitated and birth and we were told she had a 50/50 chance of survival and would almost certainly be disabled. Apparently i then announced to my ex i had a bed bath (i cant remember) and asked FIL if he'd lost weight.
I lost my mum to suicide 5 years ago. I remember just insisting i wanted to leave the hospital and go home alone. The next day i decided to take my daughter on a preplanned holiday, leaving my stepdad and brother to plan the funeral. I was asking my mate if she thought i was a sociopath because i felt fine. No doubt people thought my behaviour was bizarre and inappropriate

There really isn't one correct to deal with trauma. People have been falsely accused and even convicted based on their behaviour following a traumatic event, eg Lindy Chamberlain.
I can vouch 1000% for this. The morning I got the call my dad had died suddenly in A&E I moaned I was starving. It’s the shock and the detachment that does it, I can’t describe the feeling but it’s so odd. You almost start acting so normal so your mind convinces you that you’re not you and aren’t affected by it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I’m not really surprised that her sister/ wider family are holding onto any hope for her coming back to them safely. I think most of us would feel the same way if it was our loved one.

I wonder if her tagging Nicola’s partner and using a photo with him in it will curb the weirdos on Twitter from voicing their theories.

Reactions: 14
I’m sorry, I know I’ll get a lot of moralistic sneering on here for saying this but I don’t think she accidentally fell in the river. I think someone attacked her and pushed her in.

Again, I know I’ll get loads of hate for saying this but her partner’s eyes frighten me. I’m not accusing him. But something isn’t right. I am saying this as a victim of sexual assault and yes perhaps I am projecting past trauma onto an innocent man. But it’s got to the stage now where I can’t look at pictures of him.

Whatever the case, my heart goes out to her family and children. It is utterly heartbreaking.
I suggest you stop reading about this case as I think it's triggering you.
I really don't think anyone would sneer at you here, I'm so sorry you've had an awful experience and I hope you have a good support network around you.

I would take what the sister says with a huge pinch of salt as she is acting out of grief.

Remember Corrie McTeague’s family were adamant for years that something untoward had happened to him, despite the fact that all the evidence indicated he had been crushed in that bin and taken away.

Reactions: 15
My thoughts…

So the DIL knew N‘s partner? Did she know N? I’m thinking the woman and DIL are involved somehow! And the partners body language is off!
It's an area where people know each other. Other eye witnesses also recognised Nicola by sight. She walked that way with the dog often. I recognise people in my local dog park.

Reactions: 5
I can vouch 1000% for this. The morning I got the call my dad had died suddenly in A&E I moaned I was starving. It’s the shock and the detachment that does it, I can’t describe the feeling but it’s so odd. You almost start acting so normal so your mind convinces you that you’re not you and aren’t affected by it
I've had therapy and the therapist said it's your mind's defences kicking in, trying to protect you from the traumatic situation.

• Heart
It's an area where people know each other. Other eye witnesses also recognised Nicola by sight. She walked that way with the dog often. I recognise people in my local dog park.
But do your relatives know the other dog owners and their phones nos?

Reactions: 2
I really don't think the woman calling her DIL and asking who's dog it is is strange???
But do your relatives know the other dog owners and their phones nos?
What do you mean phone numbers? It was her daughter in law she rang?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.