Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TommyTBFC

People on Facebook groups & Facebook news articles are starting to grind on me

“She used strava, maybe the Police could look at that and see if she had any other regular routes?

Great idea Hun, tag Lancashire Police in this”

Like, seriously do you think they haven’t thought of this? Like they’re sat in the station literally clueless until that tag comes in.

“I think the husband needs arresting and questioning” based on what exactly? This isn’t CSI Miami, it doesn’t work like that.

“If I lived closer I’d be searching every inch of that abandoned house” again, it doesn’t work like that. Can’t just break down doors of properties as & when you like.

That been said, I wholeheartedly hope she’s found safe

• Haha
Reactions: 79

Josephine Shaker

To the people who find his behaviour suspicious tell me what IS the proper way to behave when your partner vanishes all of a sudden? Let’s not pretend we’re police here or body language experts. There is literally no way any of us can know how we’d react. There’s no “right” way to respond. Besides. Remember the parents of those kids who died in the fire years back? They sobbed. And who lit the fire? They did.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
As a woman myself with a dog , I don’t go anywhere off the beaten track. I wouldn’t go by a river down a path like that. Even on busy paths I look over my shoulder. My dads an ex cop and I’ve heard horror stories over the years. He always taught me to keep the doors locked in the house and curtains closed in the dark etc. it’s just drilled into me
Whatever happened to Nicola I just hope she wasn’t in pain or traumatised in any way. It’s been on my mind all week. I can’t stop thinking of her daughters.

• Sad
Reactions: 74

teabob

My papa drowned on a summers day in full view of other people in water he was standing in fly fishing. He lost his footing and his waders filled up and pulled him down, he was a strapping man in his early 60s, not a 5ft 3 woman. A man tried to help him but couldn’t. I’ve read this thread all day and seen people post detailed outlines of what happens when you drown but feel there are still people incredulous that’s what happened here and that if she fell in, she should have been able to get herself out. As previous posters have said, she had on jeans, a coat, a gilet and wellies. This isn’t like what you see in a TV show with lots of flailing and coming up to the surface, you are literally weighed down by clothing.
I wasn’t going to post this as it’s personal but I honestly think drowning is the most reasonable explanation in this case

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61

AnnRKey

Chatty Member
He does but that could just be disbelief?
I have been through horrific loss that involved dealing with the police and identifying my deceased son at a mortuary. Like I said earlier, you never know how your brain is going to kick into resilience when dealing with such things. Even in the mortuary waiting to go in I found myself behaving really oddly. It was surreal and I am sure that's similar to how he's feeling right now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60

Josephine Shaker

Jesus is the entire thread going to be filled with armchair detectives who have all studied body language or “worked at the police”? Just for a moment imagine you’re not on CSI, there’s a man with two kids whose wife vanished. You think it helps that online people are speculating about him being behind it because he used words you find odd and suspicious? Calm down Karens. If the police need you guys for your expert skills, they’ll call you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

Jwren

VIP Member
Jesus is the entire thread going to be filled with armchair detectives who have all studied body language or “worked at the police”? Just for a moment imagine you’re not on CSI, there’s a man with two kids whose wife vanished. You think it helps that online people are speculating about him being behind it because he used words you find odd and suspicious? Calm down Karens. If the police need you guys for your expert skills, they’ll call you.
Do us a favour and please stop using my sister‘s and many other women's birth name as a derogatory term, it’s bad enough they’re now bullied just because they‘re birth name is Karen, it’s also misogynistic. Many thanks.

And the people putting a laughing emoji to this says it all.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I’d look dead behind the eyes as well if my partner had disappeared into thin air and I had to keep upbeat and normal for my children tbf

• Heart
Reactions: 55

TruffleShuffles

Chatty Member
I think she’s slipped into the water. I think she’s let the dog loose to have a run around while she was on her conference call and after being distracted by that realised she has lost sight of her dog. She’s then gone down to the river bank to see if it’s gone into the water and slipped. The dog may not have seen this happen and has stayed by the bench as it’s the last place it’s seen it’s owner.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

Multi-21

VIP Member
I think sadly in a lot of missing person cases the simplest explanation is normally the correct one even if the media want to whip up a frenzy about “abandoned” houses. She hasn’t tied her dog up or logged out of her teams call as she wasn’t expecting the disappear. It happened in a split second and she couldn’t stop it. The it probably being slipping into the water.
The family always want it to be more than a simple accident as that seems so pointless and a waste of their loved ones life. Also, they have asked about abduction as a hope to cling to that she might come back.
Look at Corrie McKeague, the family wouldn’t believe he fell asleep in a bin despite all the evidence that he had done it before as they wanted to hope he could return one day. Everyone would be the same.

• Sad
Reactions: 53

D_Wills

VIP Member
Guys why the bickering?? Its only human nature to wonder what the hell has happened here? I don't know about you but I've been discussing this case, the hows, whys and maybes, with my parter, my family. I see no different to discussing it on this forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m following this thread as this case has concerned me so much. As I said on a previous post I think the partner has something to do with the disappearance, it’s niggling me. Like previous posters, there would be a clear sign of a struggle but nothing? And the fact they have released that no third party is involved?

• Wow
Reactions: 51

freshhead

The logical side of me is thinking that she sat down whilst on the conference call, took willlow’s lead and harness off for her to not be running around with a lead trailing or the harness to get too filthy, and then possibly willow got to close to the edge of the water and Nicola slipped down the bank and ended up in the water.
In October of 2021 my son fell in a river and I jumped in after him. It was such a steep bank there was no way we could get out ourselves. If she had fallen in and banged her head she could of easily been swept away. But like everyone here is saying, there would surely be signs on the ground of slip marks or some indication that she’d fallen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

BirkenheadTranny

VIP Member
Even if she had gone into the water the dog would indicate that she was in there. The instincts in dogs are so powerful towards their owners. This is what makes the whole thing so bizarre to me!

Josephine Shaker

Well this reminds me to make sure my Facebook account (which I rarely use anyway) is locked and unavailable for everyone in case something happens to me and my holiday pictures from 2007 are splattered across the Daily Mail!

• Haha
  • Sad

freshhead

I feel glued to this case as so much doesn’t make any sense. I really do not think she went in to that river.

• Sad
Reactions: 49

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
That’s what I mean, it’s just weird to me. I don’t know I’m no professional on how these things happen, if my dog jumped in the water I wouldnt really panic unless the dog looked like it was struggling, but then the dog was bone dry so the dog wasn’t even in the river? The whole case seems a bit fishy to me but again I hope I’m wrong
I think someone here posted what I think to be the most likely scenario. She put her phone down on the bench to listen in to the conference call, took the harness off the dog to let him run about, lost sight of him at some point and went down by the river to see if he was in there. She fell in and the dog was behind the bench in some undergrowth the whole time so didn’t see where she’d gone.

I can’t see her having a mental health crisis and jumping in whilst her dog was with her running about, you know what it’s like as an owner and parent, you make sure they’re cared for when you do something. Even if it was spur of the moment I think she’d tie the dog up, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 49

Ensay

VIP Member
When people go missing near a river, they're almost always found in it sadly, and not always right away.

Currents can be fast and hence a body can travel some distance before being discovered.

Any alternative seems unlikely.

Reactions: 48

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
You know there’s no prizes or moral superiority for being ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ in theories on this thread… nobody knows more than anyone else… (and if you do 👀 you probs shouldn’t be here 👀) it’s all total speculation, some a bit wilder than others, admittedly, but all contributing to the thread…
I’ve always noticed that there is a bit of snobbery and elitism on ‘crime’ threads. I think there are a minority of posters that feel that people need to keep up with every fact about the case before commenting, or that one must hold oneself to the same standard as a jury when making a point.

I’m sure there are other forums out there for that, but we’re just here to have an informal (sometimes uninformed!) discussion and a bit of a gossip eh?

Everyone is welcome. I like to think that if a thread was a party, we’re the ones in the kitchen chatting shit at 3am.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47